Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which dormant Japanese game franchise would you like to see at TGS?

Which dormant Japanese game franchise would you like to see at TGS?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which dormant Japanese game franchise would you like to see at TGS?

• Chrono
    • Wild Arms
    • Tomba
    • Suikoden
    • Ape Escape
    • Shadow Hearts
    • Parasite Eve
    • F-Zero
    • .hack
    • Mother (Earthbound)
    • Another franchise? Share below!

Mother isn't dormant, it's over. The creator completed the story and doesn't want to make more games due to the risk of it falling into the trend of having bad sequels.

My vote went to .Hack. Still need to play the old games, but I loved .Hack//Sign and I really want them to continue the series.

Otherwise, I'd say F-Zero. Chrono would be my #1 choice only if they could get as much of the original Chrono Trigger team as possible on hand. I wouldn't trust anyone else with it.

Edited by Shulk

Mother isn't dormant, it's over. The creator completed the story and doesn't want to make more games due to the risk of it falling into the trend of having bad sequels.

This, and F-Zero is most likely not getting a new game at the moment, as I think Nintendo would still try to hold it off for a NX release, and since we know nothing about the NX yet, F-Zero is probably the last thing that could show up at the moment. And on the other hand, Nintendo probably would announce something like F-Zero during a Nintendo Direct, which they didn't in the recent one and most likely won't have another one until the NX announcement. So F-Zero is probably not going to be at this event, no matter how much we would love for it to.

But if you give me a new Ape Escape game that comes worldwide (at least in both Japan and the US), then I will be pleased, as I have been wondering about that series, since I am sure Sony hasn't forgotten about it since it was in PSASBR and they have done other things around the series as well.

Definitely .Hack.  There was this one Japan exclusive .hack game on the PSP I still wish I can play to this day.   And not have only the characters appear in crossover games (which I do really enjoy them).

Edited by Ultimus Grid

I voted for F-Zero cuz the series was dormant for ten years.Mother isn't dormant it's over and Mother 3 was the conclusion to the whole trilogy

Although I'd suggest putting Metroid on the list too

We just got a Metroid spin-off. It's almost guaranteed that we'll be seeing a main series entry for the people that don't count Federation Force as a new entry, too. Metroid doesn't really need a spot on the list.

We just got a Metroid spin-off. It's almost guaranteed that we'll be seeing a main series entry for the people that don't count Federation Force as a new entry, too. Metroid doesn't really need a spot on the list.

I know I know

It's just the 30th anniversary of Metroid was almost completely ignored by Nintendo as if the franchise isn't as old as Zelda

Sure Federation Force is not bad by any means but the timing of it's reveal and release was horrible

I know I know

It's just the 30th anniversary of Metroid was almost completely ignored by Nintendo as if the franchise isn't as old as Zelda

Sure Federation Force is not bad by any means but the timing of it's reveal and release was horrible

My guess is that Metroid Prime 4 is coming to the NX, but they can't talk about it because the NX hasn't been revealed yet. It's been said that a home console and a handheld Metroid game were in consideration, and we just got that handheld one. It's just a matter of time before the console game is shown (And yes, I should note that I'm one of the people that's against these console/handheld hybrid rumors. Unpopular viewpoint, but I think it's a console exclusively). It does suck that Nintendo didn't do a whole lot for Metroid's anniversary, but it was still acknowledged at least. Mother 3's 10th anniversary was completely ignored outside Japan, even though this was the perfect excuse to localize it. Kid Icarus was also completely ignored as far as I know, and it's also 30 years old now. Zelda's just the most popular of the three, which is why it's getting so much attention. Not to say that I wouldn't like to see all of the games currently celebrating anniversaries get some love, since I really would.

I will agree that Federation Force had really bad timing. I just finds it disappointing that a lot of Metroid fans are ignoring it just because of that. It's honestly one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had on the 3DS, and I'd be really disappointed if the Metroid community wrote it off as a game that's Superman 64 levels of bad just because it wasn't a main series game. (Not saying that you're one of those people, just expressing something I don't really get to bring up often given the stigma of the game and those of us that tried it and liked it)

If Ape Escape 4 gets announced, I'll die happy.

That was my shit back on PS2! I rented Ape Escape 3 all the time and eventually bought and 100% completed it as both playable characters.

Chrono would be nice but I doubt they would ever touch that series again. Chrono Cross is an exceptional game and even that game gets pretty bashed because of the name it bears.

That being said, I would lose my freaking mind if Sony would finally smart up and make another Legend of Dragoon game! That game is begging to be a franchise and could have easily surpassed Final Fantasy.

Definitely .hack//, but before they release any new games, a remaster collection is needed. .hack// and .hack//G.U. need to be introduced to a new audience!

My guess is that Metroid Prime 4 is coming to the NX, but they can't talk about it because the NX hasn't been revealed yet. It's been said that a home console and a handheld Metroid game were in consideration, and we just got that handheld one. It's just a matter of time before the console game is shown (And yes, I should note that I'm one of the people that's against these console/handheld hybrid rumors. Unpopular viewpoint, but I think it's a console exclusively). It does suck that Nintendo didn't do a whole lot for Metroid's anniversary, but it was still acknowledged at least. Mother 3's 10th anniversary was completely ignored outside Japan, even though this was the perfect excuse to localize it. Kid Icarus was also completely ignored as far as I know, and it's also 30 years old now. Zelda's just the most popular of the three, which is why it's getting so much attention. Not to say that I wouldn't like to see all of the games currently celebrating anniversaries get some love, since I really would.

I will agree that Federation Force had really bad timing. I just finds it disappointing that a lot of Metroid fans are ignoring it just because of that. It's honestly one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had on the 3DS, and I'd be really disappointed if the Metroid community wrote it off as a game that's Superman 64 levels of bad just because it wasn't a main series game. (Not saying that you're one of those people, just expressing something I don't really get to bring up often given the stigma of the game and those of us that tried it and liked it)

Yeah

Wish Nintendo would give more love to their other franchises like the GameCube days where almost everyone got some love

F-Zero GX

Metroid Prime 1 and 2,Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission....etc

Although with Star Fox Zero(yes I'm one of the few who liked that game) being a thing there is still a hope for my beloved Metroid to come back ^_^

The Mother/Earthbound series is pretty much over unless we get Mother 3 in english speaking countries or some sort of remake.

Though as it is one of my favourite series of all time (along with KH) I'd always be up for something new. So I'll put my vote towards Mother!