Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SomeKHFan

Could DDD in 2.8 be a FM version of the Game?

As the title says, could DDD be a Final Mix version in KH2.8?

By this I mean do you all think there might be a lot of new content introduced like they did with other final mix versions.

So far a new Dream Eater has been confirmed (the Catnuki) and the recent Famitsu scans seem to show a new elephant Dream Eater if I'm not mistaken.

So does anyone else think there might be even more Dream eaters introduced, new secret bosses, new cutscenes or even another secret ending?

Yes I do think there will be some other new content besides the new Catnuki Spirit.

First off, I'm expecting to have a different secret message from the last one. The secret message states, "The past will be reawakened as a new number in never-before-seen detail. Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number." This obviously references the HD ReMixes and Kingdom Hearts 3. But now that we know that they are a thing and that half of the message would be pointless when 2.8 releases, I'm expecting a different message that would foreshadow... something for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Dream Eaters: I doubt the Catnuki would be the only new Spirit, so I'm expecting more. Not a lot, but maybe like four more or something along that quantity.

New cutscenes: Hmm, maybe one more secret cutscene.

New secret bosses: I'm HOPING for this guy to make a return:

It doesn't have a different color scheme Dream Eaters so don't think we can call it a FM version of DDD, it's just an HD remix but I hope that it's gonna have secret bosses and another secret ending

that would be amazing! :D

Edited by MasterLorX

Yes I do think there will be some other new content besides the new Catnuki Spirit.

First off, I'm expecting to have a different secret message from the last one. The secret message states, "The past will be reawakened as a new number in never-before-seen detail. Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number." This obviously references the HD ReMixes and Kingdom Hearts 3. But now that we know that they are a thing and that half of the message would be pointless when 2.8 releases, I'm expecting a different message that would foreshadow... something for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Dream Eaters: I doubt the Catnuki would be the only new Spirit, so I'm expecting more. Not a lot, but maybe like four more or something along that quantity.

New cutscenes: Hmm, maybe one more secret cutscene.

New secret bosses: I'm HOPING for this guy to make a return:

Actually. Square Enix have already confirmed that there is no new content added to the game aside from the new dream eaters. No new cutscenes, no extra bosses. Nothing except the Dream Eaters.

I think we would have known by now if it was KH3DFM,so I don't think it will happen but that would have been nice considering that KH3D is the only full game we're getting this time around

Actually. Square Enix have already confirmed that there is no new content added to the game aside from the new dream eaters. No new cutscenes, no extra bosses. Nothing except the Dream Eaters.

I think we would have known by now if it was KH3DFM,so I don't think it will happen but that would have been nice considering that KH3D is the only full game we're getting this time around

I don't think there will be enough content for it to be a Final Mix, if it could Square would have said so themselves and rename the game.

That's true... to an extent. You see, Final Mixes were created when DLC expansions weren't a thing. Now that Square Enix have a game plan regarding DLC, it wouldn't be out of the question for the 2.8 DLC to add enough additional content to Dream Drop Distance in order for it to be a "Final Mix" in Nomura's eyes.

The base game is nothing new in terms of story and boss elements, however, with the inclusion of new Dream Eaters, I wouldn't be surprised if there were new Nightmares introduced too... that in itself makes DDDHD different from KH3D.

That's true... to an extent. You see, Final Mixes were created when DLC expansions weren't a thing. Now that Square Enix have a game plan regarding DLC, it wouldn't be out of the question for the 2.8 DLC to add enough additional content to Dream Drop Distance in order for it to be a "Final Mix" in Nomura's eyes.

The base game is nothing new in terms of story and boss elements, however, with the inclusion of new Dream Eaters, I wouldn't be surprised if there were new Nightmares introduced too... that in itself makes DDDHD different from KH3D.

But that's just it. There won't be any DLC for KH 2.8. Maybe for KH3 but certainly not for KH 2.8 since it's a collection of 3 "games".

As the title says, could DDD be a Final Mix version in KH2.8?

By this I mean do you all think there might be a lot of new content introduced like they did with other final mix versions.

So far a new Dream Eater has been confirmed (the Catnuki) and the recent Famitsu scans seem to show a new elephant Dream Eater if I'm not mistaken.

So does anyone else think there might be even more Dream eaters introduced, new secret bosses, new cutscenes or even another secret ending?

Nah. 

Final Mix is a title ONLY GIVEN to KH games that originally began on Sony/Playstation systems. 

DDD MIGHT have like 1 or 2 things new but it will never be a Final Mix or a remake. It will simply be a remaster. 

Well, if there is indeed lots of new content aside from some new Dream Eaters, then yeah, this could be a considered a "Final Mix" for Dream Drop Distance!  I'd certainly love it if there were more secret bosses, because frankly, I really didn't like Julius, ya know?

And I'm pretty sure there's going to be a new secret ending in addition to the one we unlock traditionally, kind of like how Re:Coded had a new Secret Movie! Let's hope there's something in DDD HD that'll surprise us! :D

But that's just it. There won't be any DLC for KH 2.8. Maybe for KH3 but certainly not for KH 2.8 since it's a collection of 3 "games".

The Square Enix Japan website confirmed DLC though...

Edited by Guest

If we do get additional scenes hopefully we get ones that, you know, explain things better. For example, a scene that shows Sora and Riku travelling back in time to when Destiny Islands falls instead of us just starting there and giving us all that flashback crap. If Sora and Riku are using the same time travel method as the Norts, then the whole leaving your body behind thing wouldn't need to be explained to him by Young Xehanort. Or show a scene that explicitly shows whether "Braig" and "Isa" are really there and not just time displaced Xigbar and Saix. But I doubt it because Nomura seems to have a fetish for explaining important details long after the fact.