Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

December: The Ultimate Month For Kingdom Hearts News?

I doubt we'll be getting any more 2.8 stuff aside from 'Please be excited', however KHIII is definitely gonna make a major appearance in December, it has to. I fully expect to see at least another world announcement and possibly even Riku and Kairi's new outfits, since they've already been teased. 

I doubt we'll be getting any more 2.8 stuff aside from 'Please be excited', however KHIII is definitely gonna make a major appearance in December, it has to. I fully expect to see at least another world announcement and possibly even Riku and Kairi's new outfits, since they've already been teased. 

Why does it have to? They could definitely make surprising announcements in January too

Why does it have to? They could definitely make surprising announcements in January too

Because it doesn't have the same splash making announcements in January as it would at the end of the year. Also, Jump Festa is in December; an event where KH generally makes a major appearance. 

Because it doesn't have the same splash making announcements in January as it would at the end of the year. Also, Jump Festa is in December; an event where KH generally makes a major appearance. 

True, but that doesn't mean SE has to. They could make the (dumb) choice of doing announcements a month later instead, as long as it's within the winter time period. :P

I think people have confused things. The E3 trailer said announcements "coming winter". There is no mention of December, it was just assumed it would be because of the 2.8 release. We may very well be seeing KH3 news around January or February (or even wait till March like Nomura has hinted).

I think people have confused things. The E3 trailer said announcements "coming winter". There is no mention of December, it was just assumed it would be because of the 2.8 release. We may very well be seeing KH3 news around January or February (or even wait till March like Nomura has hinted).

^This! :D

I love it when fans think that corporations HAVE to do anything. Both Square Enix and Disney are some of the biggest names around, they do whatever the heck they want.

What would be better? Making announcements at a Japanese only event where only fans are looking, just so they can get their quick fix? Or announce things in the actual anniversary year, along with the release of a new game, and set it up for the whole world to enjoy? Easy answer! :D

I love it when fans think that corporations HAVE to do anything. Both Square Enix and Disney are some of the biggest names around, they do whatever the heck they want.

What would be better? Making announcements at a Japanese only event where only fans are looking, just so they can get their quick fix? Or announce things in the actual anniversary year, along with the release of a new game, and set it up for the whole world to enjoy? Easy answer! :D

If your easy answer is "They will ignore Jump Festa." then you're wrong. KH usually shows up in Jump festa.
December is definitely a month for KH fans look forward to.

The last KH 2.8 trailer will most likely release in there, together with a new teaser and information about KH3

We still didn't have anything about KH3 this year, they will change that.

They will think about the whole world at E3 2017.

Edited by Sakuraba Neku

If your easy answer is "They will ignore Jump Festa." then you're wrong. KH usually shows up in Jump festa.

The last KH 2.8 trailer will most likely release in there, together with a new teaser and information about KH3

I don't think I said they should ignore Jump Festa. Let me check. Hmm... nope. Never said it.

We'll obviously get a 2.8 trailer. I just don't want people putting all of their eggs in one basket. Remember when we were DEFINITELY getting new info and a trailer from the D23 Japan Expo in November 2015? "We'll probably get new clothes for Riku and Kairi!", "I'm expecting 1 world reveal, maybe even 2!!!", and my favorite "They're definitely announcing a 2016 release date for KH3, they have to!!!".

To us December might make sense, but we're only fans. Square/Disney are the only ones who know the entire gameplan (release date, development status, etc.) and so for them, January might be better.

Well, that's quite wrong. The fact that they are big corporations means they can't do whatever they want. They have to please shareholders. Shareholders are pleased if fans are pleased. Usually that happens with hype. Jump Festa is the place for that during December, and VGA of course, but I haven't seen Square yet attend that one. 

Why do you think gaming companies all wait until E3 to present their stuff? Why do you think tv shows (which disney has a few of now that it owns Marvel) wait for Comic Con to talk about their future? 

It'd be nice if we had something similar to what we'd had with Final Fantasy XV. They maybe announce an "Uncovered" event in December dated to KH's birthday, where we'd get a solid release date. And I'm saying December based on nothing but what I wish.

Then again, hopes and speculations.

Edited by Yuri Andrade

True, but that doesn't mean SE has to. They could make the (dumb) choice of doing announcements a month later instead, as long as it's within the winter time period. :P

We still didn't have anything about KH3 this year, they will change that.

People are forgetting that Nomura said that they wanted us to focus on 2.8 and so there won't be anything KH3 related before that.

Well, that's quite wrong. The fact that they are big corporations means they can't do whatever they want. They have to please shareholders. Shareholders are pleased if fans are pleased. Usually that happens with hype. Jump Festa is the place for that during December, and VGA of course, but I haven't seen Square yet attend that one. 

Why do you think gaming companies all wait until E3 to present their stuff? Why do you think tv shows (which disney has a few of now that it owns Marvel) wait for Comic Con to talk about their future? 

Fans aren't happy about the trailers that weren't released to the public, yet they haven't done anything about that. :/

People are forgetting that Nomura said that they wanted us to focus on 2.8 and so there won't be anything KH3 related before that.

I'm not forgetting that but the truth is, Nomura never planned to delay KH 2.8 release until they got screwed by FF15 release delay.
Things have changed and that comment "No KH3 news for now" from Nomura may not be true anymore.

Not matter how much they want to hide KH3 from the spotlight, fans will keep ask "Where is KH3?". I don't see what's the problem of showing a new KH3 teaser together with the last KH 2.8 trailer. They showed new stuff about KH3 before 1.5 and 2.5 release, it's not like they can't do it again. 

From a business point of view it's understandable they want KH 2.8 to have full attention, because it's next one coming out.
Still doesn't change the fact that KH 2.8 is indeed a prologue to the big main event, KH3.

We didn't have anything about KH3 this year, yet.
Show a KH3 teaser with KH 2.8 trailer is a good reminder for new and casual fans to buy KH 2.8, so they can catch the train and know what's going on in the final game of this saga.
Edited by Sakuraba Neku

That last 2.8 trailer said more KH3 news in winter. Jump Festa almost always has a KH presence.

Well, as of right now, we really don't know what's going to end up happening, but I really hope we get the KHIII burst of news we've been waiting for at Jump Festa! I mean sure, the announcements could be on January, but I feel like if Kingdom Hearts III doesn't show up at Jump Festa, it would be a hugely missed opportunity, since that's a gaming event the press has their eyes on, ya know?  But well, we can't really know what'll happen until we get closer to December, ya know? :)

Here's hoping, fingers crossed, that the upcoming announcements are at Jump Festa! :D