Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SpeedRave

Paladins: Champions Of The Realm...A Overwatch Rip-Off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NFyqL7sipo

Well..I never thought I would see this..even this existed for a long time ago.<_<

How should I start...err..Its Overwatch...but its not ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Funny thing is, this game is actually booming in Steam rapidly but Youtube...heh well, you know Youtube nowadays,eh?

Its being worshiped like a National Treasure over there. (I lied, its worse ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Now its in Beta and it really plays like Overwatch. I have no hate against it cause its looking like the Original Version of it, even though they took "some" Aspects of it put it their game.

For an Example: You have a exam in school. Your Body is ready but your neighbor in class comes in unprepared for it and doens´t know crap. So he looks on your paper writes like 90% of the same answers but changing some stuff up to let it look different.

To be honest,the game is acutally fun and the Character designs looks pretty solid. Even have some faves.

But,I wanna know what you guys think of it?

Edited by SpeedRave

yes i can see that most people see it as a rip off but it is not.

I was a closed beta player since start of 2016 of that game.

the differents are that :

1. you can not switch to a different hero or pick 2 the same.

2. you have perks that you can use (b.v just like how you play call of duty multieplayer)

3. there are no heath pack in the maps.

4. Horse riding at the start of your spawn

5. you can buy all the skins or perks that you want if you buy i little extra.

6. all heroes you need to pay with game coins or real money.

Just letting it know to you all that palladins is no rip off of overwatch

The game was in production when Overwatch also was still in the works. Hell, even before Overwatch started it's closed beta. There's a lot of similar games coming out that have similarity to Overwatch, like Lawbreakers. Doesn't mean they're a ripoff. That's like saying every FPS game (e.g. Call of Duty, Battlefield) is a ripoff of Wolfenstein.

Lawbreakers, Overwatch, and Paladins are all similar, but they also seem to be doing their own approaches. It'll be interesting to see how Lawbreakers and Paladins match up to Overwatch when they fully release.

Edited by Geralt

To me it's like comparing apples to grapes

FPS', although not bad, have an admittedly rather limited batch of things that make it possible for them to stand out. FPS must have real time shooter aspects, must have some stealth- and camping- geared aspects in their maps where a player has to be aware of their surroundings (castles, jungles etc. That being said, with all these must-haves it can be a lot more difficult to differentiate.

If the game had a different skin, as in if it looked different, I think it'd still be compared to Overwatch. It's just the way the genre is.

Lol that reminds me of people accusing other RPGs of ripping off Undertale as if Undertale is the only RPG in existence with a morality system and endings based on your choices even though the Megami Tensei franchise has been doing that for 30 years and games like Mass Effect was doing it too

In short:Just because something is similar doesn't mean it's a complete rip off

If this was a true rip off of Overwatch they wouldn't even try a different approach and would just have a Not-Tracer and Not-Genji...........etc

The game was in production when Overwatch also was still in the works. Hell, even before Overwatch started it's closed beta. There's a lot of similar games coming out that have similarity to Overwatch, like Lawbreakers. Doesn't mean they're a ripoff. That's like saying every FPS game (e.g. Call of Duty, Battlefield) is a ripoff of Wolfenstein.

Lawbreakers, Overwatch, and Paladins are all similar, but they also seem to be doing their own approaches. It'll be interesting to see how Lawbreakers and Paladins match up to Overwatch when they fully release.

Yeah, I know what you mean though i was actuallly thinking the same but you know, I was seeing some Youtube stuff on this. It was pretty ok..but for the people or better say "Kids" ,you cant talk to these people..its abyssmal. The same for Lawbreakers. Because people think games that have the same gameplay formula and came out later or showing them self "lately" after the "same" game, is a rip-off/fake. Even these are different games. Its stupid.

I really like Paladins and pretty much think too, that this and Lawbreakers having a good stand against Overwatch.

(Though Lawbreakers is for more like a COD mixed with Quake/Unreal Tournament-styled game formula than Overwatch,even though it has picked up some notes of it...i dunno..its just me...you know :D )

Edited by SpeedRave

Lol that reminds me of people accusing other RPGs of ripping off Undertale as if Undertale is the only RPG in existence with a morality system and endings based on your choices even though the Megami Tensei franchise has been doing that for 30 years and games like Mass Effect was doing it too

In short:Just because something is similar doesn't mean it's a complete rip off

If this was a true rip off of Overwatch they wouldn't even try a different approach and would just have a Not-Tracer and Not-Genji...........etc

That is actually a thing? The game is just 1 year old!

Sheesh, why must this thing happen with every overrated(*runs from angry Undertale fans*) popular game?

To me it's like comparing apples to grapes

FPS', although not bad, have an admittedly rather limited batch of things that make it possible for them to stand out. FPS must have real time shooter aspects, must have some stealth- and camping- geared aspects in their maps where a player has to be aware of their surroundings (castles, jungles etc. That being said, with all these must-haves it can be a lot more difficult to differentiate.

If the game had a different skin, as in if it looked different, I think it'd still be compared to Overwatch. It's just the way the genre is.

Well, im not good at giving a example or a comparison on stuff tbh xD.

Originally i was thinking before that Example was: What came first? The Chicken or the Egg?

Cause people raged what came first, Paladins or Overwatch...and then the rage goes on cause of the similarities of both games.

But like you said: "Its just the way the genre is" is defintily right!

Well,A MMOFPS with MOBA features what else^^ ..not everybody does that but in time ,some Developers have own ideas for a game in this genre

Like for "comparison": MOBAs itself like LOL and Dota 2. These both are criticized by fans of both sides for looking the same, like: Gameplay and the top-down view and stuff. And after some years Smite came out to the genre but with a minor difference that the game is a 3rd person MOBA itstead of LOL and Dota 2...and well you know what happened. These games are awsome in their own ways. Like OW and Paladins are.

But this is why we can't have nice things,huh?