Film "Power Rangers" Zord Poster Teaser

(Spoiler tagged for size & length)

power-rangers-2017-movie-poster-red-zord

power-rangers-2017-movie-poster-black-zo

power-rangers-2017-blue-poster.jpg

power-rangers-2017-movie-poster-pink-zor

power-rangers-2017-movie-poster-yellow-z

Source

The newest piece of "Power Rangers" related rolls in with teaser posters featuring the Zords i.e. the giant mecha that are assigned to each Ranger which then put together form the classic Megazord.

The posters all show off each individual Ranger with their respective Zord: Jason with Tyannosarus, Zack with Mastadon, Billy with Triceratops and with easily the best pose out of all of them (xD), Trini with Sabertooth Tiger, and Kimberly with Pterodactyl.

It seems as though the powers that be are keeping the Zords under wraps for the most part. This might be a indicator that A) They want to keep the Zords and also the Megazord as secret as possible until the film release or B) they want to do so until they show it all off (or maybe just a little more of it off) in an possible upcoming trailer.

It looks alright, I guess. Still somewhat excited for the movie, but I'm not going to go in expecting anything mind-blowing or amazing here. I saw an interview with Walter Emanuel Jones a few weeks back (the original MMPR black ranger, Zack) where he expressed how bummed he was that the original cast wasn't even given an invitation to have cameos or play any part at all in the making of this movie. I get it - they're doing a reboot/re-do just like every other cult following show has been getting thanks to cash hungry Hollywood. But it's just odd to me I suppose, because the original MMPR was so big BECAUSE of the awesome cast that they had back then.

Anyways, all that aside -

the posters look cool and all, but some of these poses are a bit ridiculous. The blue ranger especially, he's got that whole "paint me like one of your French girls" pose going on. Haha  :lol:

As an avid Power Rangers fan back in the day, I'm just glad to see that they're maintaining the size and scope of the zords.