Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Anime | Manga Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

So about that poll...

Ya bois Law, Cavendish, Franky, Brook, Shanks, Crocodile, Bon Clay, Rayleigh and Gastino aka The Artist Formerly Known As Caesar Clown plus my waifu Robin all got lesser votes than Sanji... I'm so goddamn triggered right now. xD

And now for the chapter:

In today's installment, our resident cat burglar Nami proves she can still hang with the big boys by pulling a fast one on Zeus... only right before proclaming that she would do it for King Baum because she wants him to get his wood hardened... Women be shippin'. :/

Okay, I know I rant about this a lot but come on. Nami's been treated like walking TNA since pretty much the start of the New World and the moment she gets a defining moment to herself since Punk Hazard is her defending some tree she barely knows because he has some hot wood ass he wants to tap. I didn't like this kind of thinking in Thriller Bark (Oh hey, bark, tree, there's a theme here) with her and Lola, and I don't like it here. She's supposed to be a swindling but kindhearted thief and yet she apparently is a sucker for romance, and not the adventuring kind. It makes no sense given what we know about her, it just feels like typical "girl loves love" b.s.

Though, given how this series works, maybe we'll find out her birth mom was a hopeless romantic too and that will explain it... which would still be out of nowhere and feel forced in, but hey, at least it will be an explanation of sorts.

I wanted to get that out of the way because other than that, I actually really liked this chapter. Nami's reasons for King Baum were... questionable, as I made clear already, but it still showed that she's great at manipulation by getting Zeus to essentially pull rank over some black balls... pfft... sorry, that was my fifth grade self coming out. Manipulation (even sexual manipulation) is a mainstay of Nami's character and it's the best solution she could have used to tackle this opponent.

The Big Mom crew are really amping things up too. Big Mom is still on a rampage and that Dues Enies Lobby Machima joke still kind of rings true with King Baum all of a sudden becoming everybody's best friend but the Straw Hats and co. are getting cornered even more so than they were before. And you know its bad when Captain McBrawnyman himself, Katakuri, is waiting at the Sunny to meet them head on. Time to show off some more moves for the eventual video game inclusion. :D

Aaaaaand then there's Pudding... I've done enough ranting so I'm not going to comment, but you already know what I'm going to say. Just... ugh.

Yeah... Sanji being third surprised me quite a lot xD He actually was only 200 votes behind Zoro, and I don't really get how. But apparently the Japanese prefered seeing his sad flashback and his gentleman like attitude instead of the old badass Sanji :P

About Nami and King Baum. I don't think she cares about his relationship to that female tree... She only wanted to save her own ass and was desperately looking for some motivation to keep him running. Which only shows how sneaky and smart she actually is, same with Zeus.

About Nami and King Baum. I don't think she cares about his relationship to that female tree... She only wanted to save her own ass and was desperately looking for some motivation to keep him running. Which only shows how sneaky and smart she actually is, same with Zeus.

That's a fair assessment. I guess I kind of had a knee-jerk reaction to that scene... I blame the character poll for soiling my mood beforehand. xD

I'm still not happy about Pudding though.

That's a fair assessment. I guess I kind of had a knee-jerk reaction to that scene... I blame the character poll for soiling my mood beforehand. xD

I'm still not happy about Pudding though.

Yeah... We just don't talk about Pudding xD If she really turned good because of that one lousy compliment that would really suck.

New chapter!

So... As it turned out Nami is probably the first of the strawhats to have dealt any damage to Big Mom xD I actually welcome that by a lot, cause I'm really happy to see the less important straw hat members get more active. (Well not less important, just weaker)

Brook/Chopper vs. Perospero and co. could be really interesting, assuming Oda won't skip or interrupt the fight somehow. Chopper couldn't really shine so far in this arc, unlike Brook, so a battl would be more than just great.

And then we got Pudding... well... I just leave it with that xD

Thunder... Thunder... Thunder... THUNDERCATS! HOOOOOOO!!

In a shocking twist to how I felt about Nami last week (until I changed my mind that is), this week I applaud the orange haired bandit for bringing down the very wrath of God himself on Big Mom. ... JEEEEEZUS, that was a huge ass thunderbolt. It probably would have made Eneru blush. xD

Honestly, Big Mom could be only be slightly damaged or stunned in the next chapter, but even then, to have Nami, one of the lowest tier Straw Hats in terms of base power, pull off an attack that can do some damage to a Yonko... then damn, those two years of training really did pay off. 

I don't think we're close to the end of the arc yet because Katakuri i.e. Captain McBrawnyman still needs to get a fight in, I can see it coming. Chopper and Brook fighting Perospero might happen too which would be cool, mostly for Brook given his actions in the arc so far.

Aaaaand then there's Pudding... I was able to hold back last week but ghaaaaawd damn it, can we please just have this character go away? I don't care if she's bipolar or two-faced or whatever's going on with her now because I still have the gut feeling she's going to end up good all along and be friends with the Straw Hats or some horseshit. Just... blegh.

New chapter!

Probably the chapter with the least progress in this arc xD Apart from Pudding showing off her two faces (which was at some parts actually funny. Mostly the reactions of the others were priceless) and Sanji deciding to bake the cake nothing really happened. Oh and Big Mom is an unstoppable monster, who would've guessed xP

"Honestly, Big Mom could be only be slightly damaged or stunned in the next chapter, but even then, to have Nami, one of the lowest tier Straw Hats in terms of base power, pull off an attack that can do some damage to a Yonko... then damn, those two years of training really did pay off."

... aaaaaand it did nothing... oops.

Okay, but for real though, save that Zeus Tempo for another fight because it'd be a waste to just have this be a one-and-done move.

Anyways: Luffy is my spirit animal this week because he tells Pudding this -- "If you're only here to yell stuff at us, piss off!" Yes. Please. Follow his advice. Right now. You mentally ill bitch... Of course, she doesn't follow his advice and we're stuck with her still. Blegh.

But on the plus side: Sanji's going into chef mode for what seems like forever ago. And to play devil's advocate for a sec, I saw some people actually complaining that Sanji and co. were going to use a strategy involving food instead of straight up fighting her because apparently, any plan that isn't about straight fighting is stupid... uh... they already tried that. It didn't work. Luffy went King Kong Gun on her ass and he got knocked off his skyscraper. Nami brought down the wrath of God himself and it didn't do anything either... what other options do they have? Seriously, not everything has to be solved by punching things.

"Honestly, Big Mom could be only be slightly damaged or stunned in the next chapter, but even [/size]then, to have Nami, one of the lowest tier Straw Hats in terms of base power, pull off an attack that can do [/size]some damage to a Yonko... then damn, those two years of training really [/size]did pay off."[/size]

... aaaaaand it did nothing... oops.[/size]

Okay, but for real though, save that Zeus Tempo for another fight because it'd be a waste to just have this be a one-and-done move.

Anyways: Luffy is my spirit animal this week because he tells Pudding this -- "If you're only here to yell stuff at us, piss off!" Yes. Please. Follow his advice. Right now. You mentally ill bitch... Of course, she doesn't follow his advice and we're stuck with her still. Blegh.[/size]

But on the plus side: Sanji's going into chef mode for what seems like forever ago. And to play devil's advocate for a sec, I saw some people actually complaining that Sanji and co. were going to use a strategy involving food instead of straight up fighting her because apparently, any plan that isn't about straight fighting is stupid... uh... they already tried that. It didn't work. Luffy went King Kong Gun on her ass and he got knocked off his skyscraper. Nami brought down the wrath of God himself and it didn't do anything either... what other options do they have? Seriously, not everything has to be solved by punching things.

[/size]

Agreed. After all, Sanji is foremost a cook, not a fighter. So when he can shine a bit with his cooking skills I think that's just as valuable as when he has some good battle. I mean One Piece is not all about battle and fighting, even though a lot of fans want to believe that xD

FIRST!

... sorry. Ahem. Anyways, new chapter!

These cover stories are getting juicy now. Oh ho boy, Sai's got some 'splaining to doooo...

And now for the main event: 

NOOOOOO, NOT PEDRO! ANYTHING BUT HIM! OF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT YOU COULD KILL OFF AND BY KILL OFF I MEAN REALLY KILL OFF FOR REAL WITH LIKE DRAMATIC AFFECT AND EVERYTHING AND NOT LIKE A COP-OUT LIKE PELL WHICH THIS TOTALLY ISN'T GUYS, YOU CHOSE PEDRO?! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

That scene was still pretty nice though, if only in terms of structure at least.

But enough about that: move over McGregor vs. Mayweather, we got a new big fight to be hyped about, and that's Monkey D. Luffy vs. Captain McBrawnyman aka Dogtooth/Katakuri Charlotte next week... and by next week, I mean the week after that of course because of the break... always gotta drag these things out, huh?

More good news though: no Pudding this week! :D Now I don't have to cry myself to sleep tonight.