Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

How Long Have You Been Waiting For Kingdom Hearts 3?

How Long Have You Been Waiting For Kingdom Hearts 3?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Have You Been Waiting For Kingdom Hearts 3?

• Since KH2 released in 2005/2006
    • Since it was announced at E3 2013
    • Since Dream Drop Distance was first released in 2012.
    • Since the last Kingdom Hearts game I completed (I didn't play them in chronological order)

Do you think we've been waiting '10 years'? Or have we really been waiting since E3 2013? Or have we been waiting since DDD?

With DDD releasing it was evident that KH3 was going to be a thing, we just never had an official announcement.

When Versus 13 was being developed in 2007, Nomura stated he couldn't work on two huge projects at once (That's a big fat lie now *cough FF7 remake), but he never says "KH3 will never happen"

. A programmer, having heard of Nomura's intentions to add air ships to the game, remarked "Is this Kingdom Hearts III?". Ge-maga followed up by confirming the development of a new Kingdom Hearts game. Nomura responded by saying that it would be impossible to work on two huge projects at once, so he hopes to get started on the next Kingdom Hearts game after having accumulating know-how from Versus XIII.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2007/03/02/tetsuya-nomura-on-ff-versus-xiii

With KH3 it was a matter of when, we knew it was going to happen since DDD made it apparent that it was leading up to something huge, plus KH1FM was being brought to the West within 1.5. You could tell that it was coming, but we just didn't know how long it would be.

I was too distracted by all the other spin offs to even think about KH3, I didn't even know about any of this Versus 13 business until I joined this site to be honest.

tbh, after i first completed KH2 i don't think i was saying "Oh boy I can't wait for KH3!" at the time, i had no real concerns with the future of the series.

then soon after i stumbled upon the news that Nomura had confirmed 3 new KH games (Days, BBS and Coded). 

i guess maybe around the time BBS came into the spotlight is when i started to think more about KH3. 

i wouldn't say i've been waiting for a decade because KH3 only became relevant to me sometime in 2010, i guess.

and even then it was only until we got that first teaser trailer in 2013 that KH3 became something more than just a concept. that trailer was proof that "Yes, KH3 is actually happening." 

the wait hasn't been terrible because i've played other games to occupy my time.

When I finished up with Kingdom Hearts 2, I can't remember if I was thinking they were going to do 3 next. And this was way back when I was still in high school.

I guess then came December 2008 I think and my brother gave me Re:CoM for Christmas. I was like: "WHAT?! They remade this?!" 

I didn't know they remade CoM for the PS2! I didn't see a commercial nor trailer on the internet. I didn't even know they made Final Mix titles, and me surfing the web was strictly for school; says my darn stepmother at the time....   :dry: (Little did she know, my brother called me downstairs from my room and we were SECRETLY looking at some Kingdom Hearts 2 in development screenshots, when he was suppose to do this class assignment... It was so worth it though...) 

Then came the following titles in their respective release dates and I was thinking they were going to explain everything first, then Kingdom Hearts 3 will come. 

Around the time I was doing some research regarding the Kingdom Hearts series and I picked up and learned some things, from 2 videos, which lead me to other things. I began to understand what I didn't know at the time.

Then after DDD, I was thinking Kingdom Hearts 3 was coming next. I got DDD after Christmas 2012. A year later, I finally played my DDD with the 3DS my brother gave me. And I was reading the "Secret Message" thinking it's referring to 3, but it looks like it was referring to 1.5 ReMix. An HD remaster of 2 titles plus a cinematic version of the DS title 358/2 Days.

I was thinking after 1.5, then 3 will come, and I was thinking to myself about the other titles. I was like: "It wouldn't make any sense if they didn't bother remastering the other titles. And then come the fans, desires of wanting Square to remaster the other titles.  

All of this waiting, opens up my mind thinking this. Not all game series have to have just numbered titles (probably plus a fancy title after the number). If the series contains a lot of back storytelling, then let the story telling commence! Answer those potential questions we might or might not have, so we can understand what's going on! 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

I suppose technically I've been waiting since after finishing KH2 in 2006 (the "10 years" that everyone keeps claiming), but in terms of waiting for the actual KH3 that got announced, then I guess I've been waiting since 2013, so for about 3 years...maybe 4 if you count Dream Drop Distance's hints and teases.

After KH2 back then I didn't know that there was gunna be a another game. Wasn't till I had access to internet and saw gameplay of jap BBS, I may have even called it kh3 back then not sure. But  I was hyped. then there was an incednet where I semi tripped and the comtroller flew out of my hand and my parents thought I threw it. So for years I was banned from KH, had parent teacher meeting and all that shit......but eventually as I grew up they stopped caring if I played kh or not

Back in 2006 when KHII first came out and I thought a third game would be coming out on PS2 soon after. Years passed by and 2009/2010 came and I realized KHIII would be coming out on PS3. Then E3 2013 came and Square confirmed its PS4 release

So it's been a while. Over 10 years now. Wow

Square Enix was holding us off with other games so I can't really say I've been waiting until they officially announced it because they were just putting out 1.5 and 2.5 which I didn't buy but were reasonable releases. I remember leaving Disney World and people were talking about the Xbox One and then I saw the E3 trailers later on.

Ignorantly and unofficially since 2006. Thanks to the secret ending in KH2 FM in 2007, Casual Rob found his way into the world of interviews that year prior to Coded/Days/BBS announcement at TGS. Officially since E3 2013. You know...because it was announced there. :D So 3 years.

Personally, in my opinion (real important word here), you can't really "wait" for a game that hasn't been announced yet. Sure, you could probably anticipate its announcement, but between KH2 and E3 2013 there have been plently of KH titles to keep the fanbase occupied. That is why I'm going with the most sensible option to me: since its announcement at E3 2013.

Peace!

Edited by Yuya Sakaki

Personally, in my opinion (real important word here), you can't really "wait" for a game that hasn't been announced yet. Sure, you could probably anticipate its announcement, but between KH2 and E3 2013 there have been plently of KH titles to keep the fanbase occupied. That is why I'm going with the most sensible option to me: since its announcement at E3 2013.

Peace!

What about Felixx though

He's been waiting since birth

Or are you calling his mom a liar???

Well, quite literally, I've been waiting 10 whole years for this game!  Back when I was finishing up Kingdom Hearts II, I was like: "Okay, as soon as I finish this, I'm gonna get Kingdom Hearts and then Chain Of Memories, and I'll be set!"  After I finished Kingdom Hearts II and then the ending after the credits rolled up, when Sora, Riku and Kairi started reading the letter Mickey sent them, I was surprised!  And when the music swelled up, I was like: "Oh my God, you mean that this amazing game is going to have a part 3!?  I'm sold!"  

So yeah, I've been waiting since Kingdom Hearts II! But the wait has been worth it, as we've received a wealth of KH titles that have expanded the lore and our appreciation and love for the series all the more, ya know?  And besides, with countless other video games, not to mention anime, cartoons, films, TV shows, family life and work occupying my time, the wait hasn't been agonizing, ya know?

But with that being said though, I'm really looking forward to whatever news we'll receive on Kingdom Hearts III this Winter!  I'm really hoping next year is Kingdom Hearts III's year! :D

Felixx may be a dirty traitor, but that gives you no right to slander the good name of his mother!

Now prepare to face the consequences!

*steals cards*

I laughed too hard at this xD

I've been waiting since Kingdom Hearts 2. I mean, COME ON!!! It's been almost 11 years since KH2, and i still die a little on the inside to think that KH3 was announced 3 years ago.. although, we should keep hope that Square are taking this time to make sure that it's an awesome, wonderful, perfect game. We gotta have faith that this time's being put to use!