Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Which non-Kingdom Hearts video game music composed by Yoko Shimomura is your favorite?

Which non-Kingdom Hearts video game music composed by Yoko Shimomura is your favorite?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which non-Kingdom Hearts video game music composed by Yoko Shimomura is your favorite?

• Final Fantasy XV
    • Legend of Mana
    • Xenoblade Chronicles
    • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
    • Parasite Eve
    • Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
    • Another option? Tell us below!

Final Fantasy XV, I listen to the Abbey Road performances daily and will pre-order the crap out of the soundtrack when Square puts it up.  Although shout outs to Xenoblade & Mana, both of which have exceptional soundtracks.  Shimomura is a god-sent to the world of music! 

Xenoblade

Also, if my memory serves me right, she did the music for all of the Mario and Luigi games.

She also did the music for Last Ranker. I don't think it was released outside of Japan, but it had some good tunes lol

Xenoblade

Also, if my memory serves me right, she did the music for all of the Mario and Luigi games.

She also did the music for Last Ranker. I don't think it was released outside of Japan, but it had some good tunes lol

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that she did. She also contributed to the soundtracks for Super Smash Bros Brawl and 4, but she only did a couple tracks in those, so I don't know if those would count.

I know she did Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team, and Paper Jam, but I'm not sure if she did the first two M&L games.

I dunno why, but it kind of feels like everyone is voting for FF15 because....they've never played (or heard) any of the other games.  xD

The fact that we've only heard a handful of pieces of 15 kind of enforces that notion.

Xenoblade, easily.

I dunno why, but it kind of feels like everyone is voting for FF15 because....they've never played (or heard) any of the other games.   xD

The fact that we've only heard a handful of pieces of 15 kind of enforces that notion.

Well, it is a KH forum. FF15 being on the top isn't really that surprising. 

Street Fighter 2 is actually Yoko's most iconic work considering how ginormously popular her tracks from SF2 was like Ryu's theme and Guile's theme

For me it's a tie between SF2 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team

I know she did Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team, and Paper Jam, but I'm not sure if she did the first two M&L games.

She did the soundtrack for the entire Mario & Luigi series

I dunno why, but it kind of feels like everyone is voting for FF15 because....they've never played (or heard) any of the other games.   xD

Mostly because most people here only play Square Enix games

I don't mean that as an insult btw

I think my answer's pretty obvious... Xenoblade, of course. Favorite soundtrack of all time.

I second this. Though it was ACE+ that contributed to most of the soundtrack on that game.

Super Mario RPG—especially since that game was one of the influencing factors that got her the job for Kingdom Hearts. I think of that game's soundtrack every time I pick up forest mushrooms in Unchained χ.

…Though might that count under the 'Mario & Luigi' option?

I second this. Though it was ACE+ that contributed to most of the soundtrack on that game.

ACE+ contributed more, but Shimomura still composed some of the best tracks in the game.

Also, Manami Kiyota contributed even more than ACE+ did.

Edited by Shulk

Voting for Legend of Mana just to give it a vote. Her work on that game was truly great.

While I like the pieces of music from FFXV we've heard, I'm not saying it's my favourite as I haven't played the game yet.

I really liked her work on Xenoblade too. Overall, it's hard to really dislike any of her music, she's easily my favourite composer.