Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Possible online interactivity in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue reported by official Australian classification rating

On October 6th, 2016, the official Australian classification system updated with an official rating for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. The rating given for the Australian version of the game is PG. While most Kingdom Hearts games are rated PG, each game has a specific rating description attached to that PG rating. Most Kingdom Hearts games are attached with the description 'Mild fantasy violence'. However, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue has a different description, hinting at possible online features in the game.

You can check out the PG rating description for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue below, hinting at possible online interactivity in the game. You may also check out a list of all rated Kingdom Hearts titles from the past here.

PG - Mild themes and fantasy violence, online interactivity

The only time a rating ever receives 'Online Interactivity' in their rating is if the game actually has online features. The official Australian classification system rated Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ before its release with a 'G - Online Interactivity' rating.

The PS4 title, Ratchet & Clank, doesn't include any online features, and its rating doesn't include any online interactivity. This further shows that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will have online features.

What do you think could be a possible online function in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

Hmmm, it might be referring to the Portals and Flick Rush challenges in Dream Drop Distance, as those required you to have street pass enabled and internet connectivity. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to keep that mechanic in there but just changed it to require a PSN connection...or more likely a PS Plus connection, because Sony.

That's really the only way I could see this working, since the only other explanation would be if they added an entirely separate multiplayer experience within DDD, which wouldn't make sense as that might require a lot of space. 0.2 doesn't really seem like it's supposed to have a multiplayer experience or online interactivity in any way, being mostly a showcase demo of KH3's engine with a linear story attached. And X Back Cover is pretty much a movie, there is no need for any kind of online interactivity for that....unless they're doing something crazy like allowing you to generate your Unchained X avatar in the movie by linking it with your iTunes/Google Play account...but somehow I doubt they would go that extra mile, as much as I would love them to.

But yeah, like I said it's likely in relation to the same online interactivity features that the original DDD had on the 3DS, just using Playstation's servers instead of Nintendo's.

Hmmm, it might be referring to the Portals and Flick Rush challenges in Dream Drop Distance, as those required you to have street pass enabled and internet connectivity. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to keep that mechanic in there but just changed it to require a PSN connection...or more likely a PS Plus connection, because Sony.

That's really the only way I could see this working, since the only other explanation would be if they added an entirely separate multiplayer experience within DDD, which wouldn't make sense as that might require a lot of space. 0.2 doesn't really seem like it's supposed to have a multiplayer experience or online interactivity in any way, being mostly a showcase demo of KH3's engine with a linear story attached. And X Back Cover is pretty much a movie, there is no need for any kind of online interactivity for that....unless they're doing something crazy like allowing you to generate your Unchained X avatar in the movie by linking it with your iTunes/Google Play account...but somehow I doubt they would go that extra mile, as much as I would love them to.

But yeah, like I said it's likely in relation to the same online interactivity features that the original DDD had on the 3DS, just using Playstation's servers instead of Nintendo's.

My best guess, it is related to the Portal system in Dream Drop Distance where you can fight other player's Dream Eaters. 

Both are possible, but if that was the case, wouldn't the original DDD rating also have 'Online Interactivity'? It doesn't say so, so this could probably mean DDD was modified (or something new for 0.2?) to have a more 'online' feel to the game.

I'll get this game on Day One if there's online Flick Rush. Time for the Legion of Meows to descend upon the world!

Also kinda feels bad because Days was a movie so no Mission Mode and Squeenix was too lazy to have multiplayer Mirage Arena in BBS

Edited by Xiro

Either Flick Rush online multiplayer confirmed, or just a simple slip.

Very unlikely, but just gonna say this. Since BbS0.2 is a game showing us what Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to feel like, perhaps they're going to showcase online co-op with Aqua and Mickey. It can be possible. With this, they'll see feedback, and if positive, include it in Kingdom Hearts 3. Another reason why 0.2 is pretty short and 2.8 costs $60, not just for new, upgraded graphic game.

Both are possible, but if that was the case, wouldn't the original DDD rating also have 'Online Interactivity'? It doesn't say so, so this could probably mean DDD was modified (or something new for 0.2?) to have a more 'online' feel to the game.

Sometimes ratings aren't always consistent, depending on the classification system it comes from. Sometimes different versions of the same game can get different classifications depending on what the standards are at the time, if they've changed at all. Not to mention that different countries' systems may classify things differently.

Its actually kinda weird that we are this surprised about online interactivity in a 2017 game, kingdom hearts sure is behind...

DLC is bullshit, maybe for KH3 but not for this, they have no excuse for not putting everything into the actual game and just call it final mix or something, its a goddamn remaster.

Its actually kinda weird that we are this surprised about online interactivity in a 2017 game, kingdom hearts sure is behind...

DLC is bullshit, maybe for KH3 but not for this, they have no excuse for not putting everything into the actual game and just call it final mix or something, its a goddamn remaster.

outfits and other optional fluff are fine tho? so not always bullshit, not only one kind of dlc exists. I doubt square would lock kh plot behind dlc

finally. true online Flick Rush.

the multiplayer KH experience we all deserved.

nah not really, when you consider how the KH series has typically been more of a single player experience.  

i wouldn't say they're behind for not having implemented an actual online mode in the past. some games just don't need to have a multiplayer component tacked on for no good reason.

it takes away resources from other areas like the single player mode, which is the entire focus of a KH game. 

finally. true online Flick Rush.

the multiplayer KH experience we all deserved.

Edited by Headphone Jack

Don't quote me on this if I'm wrong, since I'm not looking at the DDD game as I am typing this, but I think the original KH3D only had local versus in Flick Rush? I don't remember entirely, but I know at the very least there certainly was multiplayer in KH3D.

Regardless of this fact, it could be possible that they will have new and unique features for KHHD (Because that's what they called it in the latest trailer). Maybe they will have some sort of Friend List Friend Portals and/or Battle Portals if you connect online. In this case, they would replace streetpass with a form of "Spotpass" that's not "Spotpass", but it will automatically deliver any Friend Portals or Battle Portals your friends (or anyone) have set up straight to your game when you load it up. And vice versa, if you upload (place) your portals, then others who have the game will get your portal data when they enter the game again and will get to interact with your portal(s).

Rock on!