Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

Film Power Rangers (2017 Movie) Official Teaser Trailer – ‘Discover The Power’

Meh. It looks like they're taking the whole premise way too seriously; Power Rangers is best when it's cheesy and cartoony, not gritty and brooding teen drama.

plus where's my bryan cranston zordon that's the biggest draw for this firetrucking thing dammit

I like the trailer, so far they are making it look promising, I mean Bryan Cranston as Zordon, Bill Hader as Alpha 5, and a good trailer. I'm pretty excited for it, I'm pretty sure this trailer represented the first quarter of the movie though because of introducing the villain and characters

I think it looks pretty awesome.  Cant wait to see what the Zords look like.  I like the direction they went though.  It seems very dark, which seems to be a big selling point these days.

Well, so far, so good. Nothing major to point out, mostly because it has a lot of elements that I expected going in based on what we've seen before. 

Meh. It looks like they're taking the whole premise way too seriously; Power Rangers is best when it's cheesy and cartoony, not gritty and brooding teen drama.

It was inevitable. A mainstream audience isn't going to fully embrace the original tone of the series, even speaking as a hardcore fan. It's a niche that not everybody is going to enjoy. This trailer wasn't even that brooding. It had its fair moments of comedy and light-heartedness. Plus, teen drama was an element that Mighty Morphin' explored as well... in its own cheesy 90s way that is, and not exactly in full depth either, but this movie has a chance to rectify that, give us a little more complexity in how it portrays and develops the main cast. Inserting the added touch of having their powers outside of morphing is a good start, and was even something that was touched upon in seasons of the actual show too.

plus where's my bryan cranston zordon that's the biggest draw for this firetrucking thing dammit

It is called a teaser, not "shove every big thing that the movie has to offer at once". I mean, even for what they do show, they were kind of pushing it a little.

I saw the trailer about half an hour ago, and I gotta say, this film looks like it could be the start of something big!  Perhaps a Power Rangers Cinematic Universe? :O

But yeah, it seems this film will go in a darker direction, and also, I'm loving Rita Repulsa!  Elizabeth Banks seems so sinister as her! I wonder how good this film will end up being? :3

I did watched Power Rangers. But i still think it´s going to the direction of i´m trying to be edgy and gritty to look cool to the older fans. I have zero problem with that. But it´s dark direction can work if it´s done right.

Edited by MarieltheKeybasHGirl

I've always wanted to know, how did they manage to convert the story of the "Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger" (Dinosaur Battle Squad, Zyu-Rangers) in to that involving aliens? bwahaha

I really like how this film will be the first in the Power Rangers series to not be simply 'redubbed clips' of the fighting footage borrowed from the Japanese version (bourtesy of Toei and Bandai). So I'm looking forward to this film :D

It is called a teaser, not "shove every big thing that the movie has to offer at once". I mean, even for what they do show, they were kind of pushing it a little.

Well yeah, I was joking, but it is surprising to me how little they showed given how many people are already skeptical of the whole premise. A couple seconds of Bryan Cranston or even a Zord doing something badass could have been interesting to people who aren't already sold. All we got so far was outcast teens who occasionally make snarky comments and what seems like a very basic super-hero origin story; kinda disappointing for a trailer.

I've always wanted to know, how did they manage to convert the story of the "Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger" (Dinosaur Battle Squad, Zyu-Rangers) in to that involving aliens? bwahaha

That's easy. It was the 90s, it was being sold to little kids, and nobody really gave a damn. Plus, aliens and high-tech are more of a "Western" thing to sell than pseudo-feudal Japanese tribes and fantasy magic. Again, 90s.

Well yeah, I was joking, but it is surprising to me how little they showed given how many people are already skeptical of the whole premise. A couple seconds of Bryan Cranston or even a Zord doing something badass could have been interesting to people who aren't already sold. All we got so far was outcast teens who occasionally make snarky comments and what seems like a very basic super-hero origin story; kinda disappointing for a trailer.

Well, we got the Command Center. And Rita. And Rita stalking Kimberly in her bed which was also kinda hot. So that's something. Plus these kids have already shown to be more interesting the original cast in MMPR. A little more actual "attitude" this time around instead of just "attitude" in the sense that... well, I don't know really. Can you have attitude if you spend most of your time organizing charity drives and school festivals?

That's easy. It was the 90s, it was being sold to little kids, and nobody really gave a damn. Plus, aliens and high-tech are more of a "Western" thing to sell than pseudo-feudal Japanese tribes and fantasy magic. Again, 90s.

This actually makes sense!

because these recent years I did get into Super Sentai series and I frequently made comparisons to the Power Rangers franchise and I think you are correct. In the end I decided to commit to the Kamen Rider and Garo series, they usually have a more darker story and not necessarily aimed at little kids xD