Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Have You Noticed A Pattern With KHIII News? :o

Hey everyone, how's it going!? So then, as the title suggests, have you all noticed that there's been a sort of pattern when it comes to Kingdom Hearts III news?  I mean, today's article that Jake brought us about Nomura confirming that more news shall come after 2.8 releases got me thinking!

You see, back in 2013, we got the reveal for Kingdom Hearts III, and we got a healthy dose of information regarding the game!

In 2014, there was general silence! While news about the game surfaced, they were very rare instances, almost scarce!

In 2015, we got a news overload, probably one of the biggest years for the Kingdom Hearts franchise in terms of exposure! We got tons and tons of information and hype build up!

And now, come this year, again, like 2014, we've been getting tiny snippets of news, though this time, the information released has been more frequent than in 2014!  And what am I suggesting with this?

Well, I'm suggesting that next year is going to be another blowout year in terms of Kingdom Hearts III, and I think that whatever exposure we get to the game next year will eclipse 2015's grand reveals!  I mean, Nomura himself had said that he'll have tons of opportunities to talk about the game next year, and it is the 15th Anniversary of the series next year, so even more reason is given, ya know? And if you all notice, this would be the third year that we could possibly get a healthy abundance of Kingdom hearts III news!  Maybe even possibly a release window for Late 2017, worldwide? Okay, I know that this final point is pushing it, but hey, a fan can dream, right?

But yeah, do you think we'll get a more healthy abundance of news regarding Kingdom Hearts III next year?  And what could be possibly revealed to us in January? Let me know what you think, everyone! :)

Yeah. The reason why 2014 had a low turnout for KH3 news is due to the fact that SE wanted to focus on 2.5's release, promoting it more and whatnot. In 2015, there wasn't much to promote other than KHUX, so KH3 had its spotlight. In 2013, 1.5 had released in Japan already and was almost released already in NA/EU by the time KH3 came (big announcements came after the release anyhow). I think in 2017 we will be getting a ton of news, even with a possible release date reveal sometime in 2017. Then once all the big stuff for KH3 comes, they will begin to focus on promoting it as much as they do with other releases, like 2.8 this year and 2.5/1.5 where demos were going to all these events, getting more news here and there, etc.

Edited by Jake

I also have to point out that up to this point, the development cycles of KHIII and Zelda BoTW have been very similar.

With the sad announcement of no KH3 news until 2.8's release, I agree with you and think that 2017 will be "The Year" in which we get more info about the game, and I'm DYING to know about some of the plot.

You forgot to mention about D23. It happens every odd year, and considering that 2017 is an odd year, expect an outburst of news this time around!

Yeah. The reason why 2014 had a low turnout for KH3 news is due to the fact that SE wanted to focus on 2.5's release, promoting it more and whatnot. In 2015, there wasn't much to promote other than KHUX, so KH3 had its spotlight. In 2013, 1.5 had released in Japan already and was almost released already in NA/EU by the time KH3 came (big announcements came after the release anyhow). I think in 2017 we will be getting a ton of news, even with a possible release date reveal sometime in 2017. Then once all the big stuff for KH3 comes, they will begin to focus on promoting it as much as they do with other releases, like 2.8 this year and 2.5/1.5 where demos were going to all these events, getting more news here and there, etc.

Man, it's going to be an exciting time for all of us here in KH13, and for Kingdom Hearts fans everywhere! You guys over at the News Team will probably have your hands full when the time comes! :O

I also have to point out that up to this point, the development cycles of KHIII and Zelda BoTW have been very similar.

With the sad announcement of no KH3 news until 2.8's release, I agree with you and think that 2017 will be "The Year" in which we get more info about the game, and I'm DYING to know about some of the plot.

Oh really? They've both taken more or less the same time in development?

But yeah, I'm really hoping we get some substantial information come next year! X_X

You forgot to mention about D23. It happens every odd year, and considering that 2017 is an odd year, expect an outburst of news this time around!

Hmm, that is true!  Oh, I do hope we get surprised! :D

meh you can find a pattern in most things through the power of hindsight.

i don't doubt that we'll get some kind of KH3 news in 2017, especially after 2.8 releases, but i'll just be keeping my expectations low. 

Well, it's true, one shouldn't have big expectations, but with the series celebrating the 15th Anniversary next year, I'm sure there's going to be lots of things getting revealed here and there, ya know? :)

This message from Nomura was made today in the Dengeki issue:

Nomura: We are thinking of a lot of plans heading toward the 15th anniversary. Next year's January release of [KH2.8] will be the start, and from March the full orchestra's world tour will commence. It will be a year's worth of non-stop [KH] news, so we look forward to speaking with you again. 

So, whee!

Oh really? They've both taken more or less the same time in development?

But yeah, I'm really hoping we get some substantial information come next year! X_X

I meant it in a different way:

-First year was their announcement and some news regarding the game (2013 for KH3 and 2014 for BoTW)

-Second year was a general lack of news and overall silence (2014 for KH3 and 2015 for BoTW)

-Third year was an overload of news and gameplay footage (2015 for KH3 and 2016 for BoTW)

It's not exactly the same, since Zelda has been delayed several times and their cycles are starting to diverge and KH3 has been going smoothly, but it's similar.

2017 for sure has got to be the release. However, with that being said, my hype is at zero. I have no reason to be hyped right now. There is no promotional material, I haven't played the games in quite a while.

I really hope that you're right! It'd be superb if next year was the year of Kingdom Hearts III!  One can only hope! And I'm sure more promotional material will come about starting next year, ya know?

I think next month they'll confirm a release window or a release date. If not next month then possibly January. I think KH3 will come out next year

Well human, let's hope that your hunch is correct! We're all hoping that we get a release window soon, at the very least! X_X

Hey everyone, how's it going!? So then, as the title suggests, have you all noticed that there's been a sort of pattern when it comes to Kingdom Hearts III news?  I mean, today's article that Jake brought us about Nomura confirming that more news shall come after 2.8 releases got me thinking!

You see, back in 2013, we got the reveal for Kingdom Hearts III, and we got a healthy dose of information regarding the game!

In 2014, there was general silence! While news about the game surfaced, they were very rare instances, almost scarce!

In 2015, we got a news overload, probably one of the biggest years for the Kingdom Hearts franchise in terms of exposure! We got tons and tons of information and hype build up!

And now, come this year, again, like 2014, we've been getting tiny snippets of news, though this time, the information released has been more frequent than in 2014!  And what am I suggesting with this?

Well, I'm suggesting that next year is going to be another blowout year in terms of Kingdom Hearts III, and I think that whatever exposure we get to the game next year will eclipse 2015's grand reveals!  I mean, Nomura himself had said that he'll have tons of opportunities to talk about the game next year, and it is the 15th Anniversary of the series next year, so even more reason is given, ya know? And if you all notice, this would be the third year that we could possibly get a healthy abundance of Kingdom hearts III news!  Maybe even possibly a release window for Late 2017, worldwide? Okay, I know that this final point is pushing it, but hey, a fan can dream, right?

But yeah, do you think we'll get a more healthy abundance of news regarding Kingdom Hearts III next year?  And what could be possibly revealed to us in January? Let me know what you think, everyone! :)

I honestly just want to see a release date, 2017 would be a great start and 15th anniversary to actually get the game that we've been waiting for

I honestly just want to see a release date, 2017 would be a great start and 15th anniversary to actually get the game that we've been waiting for

Well, let's hope that's the case, human! A Winter 2017 release window doesn't seem unreasonable, since that'd mean that the time between 1.5+2.5 on March to III in Winter would be about 9 months, if the game were to come out on December! It's reasonable to me! :3