Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I figured out the 1.5/2.5/2.8 cover connection!

I figured it out, no joke. Here's my take on it.

1.5: Sora is established as the King chess piece hence the crown and the throne. He is with the Queen (Kairi), Bishop (Donald) and the Knight (Goofy). The floor is checkered to reinforce the Chess symbolism.

2.5: Xehanort is shown at the background. This is an indication that the opposing King piece is in the playing field of the heroes. He has his Bishop and Castle on the heroes side too (Ansem and Xemnas). Xehanort stretching his hands is symbolic of taking Ventus and Terra from the heroes side.

2.8: The King chess piece is making his move (Sora) alongside the Bishop (Donald), Knight (Goofy), Horse (Riku) and Castle (Lea).

This has to be the most epic theory right here.  :O

If that's the case, then--

Kingdom Hearts 3's cover art might have a chess board, with Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort, Sora and Co., Keyblade Graveyard with Keyblades, The Heart Shaped Moon (Kingdom Hearts), Book of Prophecies?, maybe the Fortellers or their Master, Luxu's Keyblade mounted on that wall 13 Seekers of Darknesses.

Don't mind me, I'm just brainstorming ideas.  

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

Yeah. It makes sense once the third game opening is about young Eraqus and Xehanort playing chess.

But I confess that I thought the message would be revelead if you gather the images in the right position, don't know...

Nomura is kinda mean. It's not like the series doesn't have enough mysteries around to be solved.

Edited by kingofnowhere

I hope KH3's boxart will be a mixture of KH2 and KH3D. I want it simple and not too much filled with characters like in every HD Remix.

Sora should be in the middle of the boxart, while Donald and Goofy are in front of him. On his left side is Ventus together with Aqua and Terra. On the right side is Roxas together with Lea and Xion. Right behind Sora are Riku and Kairi, who are holding Mickey in the air. The background is white or it's daytime and they all look happy. That's all I want. I don't care if it's the cover, the steel book or maybe a theme for PS4, just make it happen.

I like that. That makes sense and sounds like something Nomura is after. I mean, we did see the chess board in the KH3 trailer and it shows every move Eraqus and Xehanort make. Kind of representative of every move the light and dark take against the other.

I think you may be focusing too much on the chess symbolism Maybe in part,  but I think the impressions of time and movement are part of it too. Whatever the connection to KH3, I think those elements will be part of it.

You didn't tell what KH3 boxart will be like.

I would say that Sora is gliding to Xehanort.above and the lights are on the ground.

Wouldn't running be more likely? He goes from sitting, to standing to walking. Wouldn't gliding be after running and jumping?

Edited by Isamu Kuno

I think you may be focusing too much on the chess symbolism Maybe in part,  but I think the impressions of time and movement are part of it too. Whatever the connection to KH3, I think those elements will be part of it.

Wouldn't running be more likely? He goes from sitting, to standing to walking. Wouldn't gliding be after running and jumping?

True but this is also possible. I could see the the blue light from Sora and gold from Xehanort while gliding.

Dude, that's a pretty mind-boggling and awesome theory regarding the hidden meaning for Kingdom Hearts III! Your threads are always awesome to read through, and this one was no exception! And it's true that there's an apparent reference to the game of chess, and it seems as though Kingdom Hearts III's cover art may have something related to chess as well! Symbolism in the Kingdom Hearts series is so badass! :3

But yeah, I can't wait for more! Next year's going to be a definitive year for the Kingdom Hearts series! :D

Really interesting theory. But at the same time I can't help but think that the symbolism of Ven is actually supposed to be Vanitas. Would be rather tragic if Ven would wake up only to once again fall into Master Xehanort's clutches.

This has to be the most epic theory right here.  :O

Cheers. I thought that Nomura was out of his mind initially when he wanted to make a thematic connection with the covers, however, but when I thought about the Chess association, it was too obvious to ignore.

That's a bit further than I would take it, but there's still a good chance that that may be it, depending on how heavily they use the chess symbolism in the game itself.

How would you take it as just out of curiousity? I came to my conclusion because every ReMix cover has some sort of chess symbolism on it.

All I was trying to figure out was how each of the covers connect. I never thought about the time aspect about it because I couldn't come to a logical conclusion there...

Really interesting theory. But at the same time I can't help but think that the symbolism of Ven is actually supposed to be Vanitas. Would be rather tragic if Ven would wake up only to once again fall into Master Xehanort's clutches.

I feel as though that Ventus will end up as Ven-Vanitas again. If Ven is revived, there's a chance that Vanitas will be revived as he's Ventus' Darkness. Vanitas would want to clash with Ventus again hence Xehanort using him as a Seeker of Darkness.

Dude, that's a pretty mind-boggling and awesome theory regarding the hidden meaning for Kingdom Hearts III! Your threads are always awesome to read through, and this one was no exception! And it's true that there's an apparent reference to the game of chess, and it seems as though Kingdom Hearts III's cover art may have something related to chess as well! Symbolism in the Kingdom Hearts series is so badass! :3

But yeah, I can't wait for more! Next year's going to be a definitive year for the Kingdom Hearts series! :D

Cheers for being supportive with the theory (and a lot of my other ones). The encouraging words help me to open up these theories in confidence. 

Very intriguing to say the very least. I love the symbolism.

Same here, if used right (like in this case) symbolism can be very potent and intelligent.

Cheers. I thought that Nomura was out of his mind initially when he wanted to make a thematic connection with the covers, however, but when I thought about the Chess association, it was too obvious to ignore.

How would you take it as just out of curiousity? I came to my conclusion because every ReMix cover has some sort of chess symbolism on it.

All I was trying to figure out was how each of the covers connect. I never thought about the time aspect about it because I couldn't come to a logical conclusion there...

I feel as though that Ventus will end up as Ven-Vanitas again. If Ven is revived, there's a chance that Vanitas will be revived as he's Ventus' Darkness. Vanitas would want to clash with Ventus again hence Xehanort using him as a Seeker of Darkness.

Cheers for being supportive with the theory (and a lot of my other ones). The encouraging words help me to open up these theories in confidence. 

Same here, if used right (like in this case) symbolism can be very potent and intelligent.

At this point all we've gotten is just that chess scene in the prologue to the game. For all I know that might be the only scene where there is chess symbolism involved. But who knows, maybe they'll keep bringing that symbolism up now and again, I'm just kind of being skeptical at both ends here. Truth be told, I never really gave much thought as to how it might go, I was just kind of planning on being surprised when I saw it, take it all in at once you know? Though the more I think of it, the more a chess scenario sounds possible.

Well dude, I have to say, you're one of my favorite theorists on this site!  Every time you post a theory, I lend my eye, because I know it's a theory that's bound to make a lot of sense and open up my mind to more possibilities concerning the direction Kingdom Hearts might take from III and beyond! Your theories are always a fun read, and hence my support of them!  So keep on theorizing! :D