Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Raxaimus

Tetsuya Nomura confirms that Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ will deviate from Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] midway & discusses direction of storyline

Tetsuya Nomura, director of the Kingdom Hearts series, was recently interviewed by Dengeki PlayStation. In the interview, Nomura discusses the storyline for Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ. For fans wondering whether or not the ending for Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] will also go down the same path in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ, he confirms that the ending was only meant for Kingdom Hearts χ[chi], and that Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ will be deviating to an original story midway.

Furthermore, Tetsuya Nomura talks about some of the future features coming to Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ, such as the confirmed multiplayer features and the first new world for the game, Castle of Dreams.

For those also curious, Nomura reassures that Luxu is not the Master of Masters, and that there are two different cloaked men. Luxu & Masters of Masters have a relationship that will be explained in Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover.

You can view a translation of the relevant portion of the interview below. Thanks to Catherine Mueller (nichiei.translations@gmail.com) for providing us with this translation!

--Let me ask about things connected to [KH X], too. First, the browser game [KH X] ended its service at the end of September, but what are your thoughts on that three years of continued service?

Nomura: It's too bad that service ended so early, but I think having continued for three years served as a great amount of strength to us. Looking at the user number, there were more people playing the smart phone app [KH Unchained X], so we will now focus on that. As we've already announced, we are planning a season two of [KH Unchained X], so we are continuing its service. In October there will be new worlds available, and we are working on the planned multiplayer function for January release, so please look forward to it.

--You laid out the last scene of [KH X] to us, but will [KH Unchained X] develop in the same way?

Nomura: That was only the development for [KH X]. The story for [KH Unchained X] will deviate midway to a different story.

--In the latest trailer of [KH X Back Cover], there was a figure wearing a black cloak, separate from the five Foretellers, but...?

Nomura: As we've already revealed in [KH X], that is a character named Luxu. Since he's wearing that black coat, it seems like a lot of people mistook Luxu for the Master of Masters, but they're two different people. The one holding a dandelion on the package art and in the trailer is the Master of Masters, and the other person wearing a black cloak is Luxu. Their relationship is more clearly drawn out in [KH X Back Cover].

What do you think of the direction that Square Enix is taking the Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ storyline?

Click here to view the article

This is just my opinion but I just feel tired of all these tidbits of news. Not that it's bad news, thanks for the clarification on x Back Cover but it's just like, we just want to hear about KH3 now. I feel at this stage they can't tell us anything about 2.8 that we don't already know without going into spoilers. Just save your breath Nomura after 2.8's release to give us that KH3 goodness throughout 2017.

Thanks for this, Raxaimus! I read about this in Nomura's Dengeki interview, and it's very interesting!

So, if UX's story shall deviate from X's miday, does this mean we won't witness the Keyblade War like in X? Hmm, this is most intriguing...

And also, Season 2 begins in October for Japan?  Because Nomura mentioned the bit about October bringing new worlds! :O

Edited by The Transcendent Key

This is just my opinion but I just feel tired of all these tidbits of news. Not that it's bad news, thanks for the clarification on x Back Cover but it's just like, we just want to hear about KH3 now. I feel at this stage they can't tell us anything about 2.8 that we don't already know without going into spoilers. Just save your breath Nomura after 2.8's release to give us that KH3 goodness throughout 2017.

Square Enix screwed up their release schedule henceforth the lack of Kingdom Hearts III news this year. 

Honestly, I'd rather have them go all out for 2017 when 2.8 isn't in the way. Besides, D23 is also in 2017 and you can guarantee Kingdom Hearts III news there. But you're completely right in saying that Nomura's grasping at straws regarding information at this point.

Urgh, I still hope it all ties together somehow in a way that everybody can understand. Cause I really don't like the idea that we might never get to experience the Keyblade War, or even see that scene with Maleficent.

i think that what backcover is for and  i  think unchained x ending will lead how into season 2

I just don't get why Nomura would willingly deviate mid story when, X was exclusive to Japanese players. Lucky for us overseas we have people like Everglow or Khinsider translating because otherwise we would have NEVER seen the important update for X or heard about the "keyblade war". 

I thought the whole purpose of Unchained X was to bring the story of X to the rest of the world.... now we're possibly not even going to see or experience the war which is crucial to the overall story.. and the only way to make that secret episode in the "Unchained" make sense.

What is Nomura thinking? I just don't get this anymore.

I just don't get why Nomura would willingly deviate mid story when, X was exclusive to Japanese players. Lucky for us overseas we have people like Everglow or Khinsider translating because otherwise we would have NEVER seen the important update for X or heard about the "keyblade war". 

I thought the whole purpose of Unchained X was to bring the story of X to the rest of the world.... now we're possibly not even going to see or experience the war which is crucial to the overall story.. and the only way to make that secret episode in the "Unchained" make sense.

He never thinks. I don't know where people get the idea that he's some sort of 'creative genius' or whatever.

Or he could be smart, and we've all been tricked into thinking that Chi and Unchained Chi are actually canon and hardly anything from them will be in KH3.

that what backcover is for