Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which Kingdom Hearts game do you want a current-gen remake of?

Which Kingdom Hearts game do you want a remake of?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which Kingdom Hearts game do you want a current-gen remake of?

• Kingdom Hearts
    • Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
    • Kingdom Hearts II
    • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
    • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
    • Kingdom Hearts coded
    • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
    • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
    • Can I have more than one? Please?
    • I don't want a remake, the games are fine as they are.
    • Something else? Share below!

1.5 and 2.5

They should be on current gen and it shouldn't take too long either. Even just simply upscaling the graphics would be fine. They also should fix the bugs and glitches though.

Doesn't really matter if it comes before or after KH3, as long as we get it.

All of them, obviously, but I think the PS3 ones are pretty great as they were. Remakes wouldn't do much besides tweak a few minor things like load times.

Days, on the other hand, deserves an upgrade. Granted, it's pretty handheld oriented, but that hasn't stopped a lot of games from being cross platform and still good.

Just to let you guys know: Remakes and Remasters are *different* - A Remake is basically creating the game from ground up again using new technologies and basically making an old game a brand new game again. 1.5/2.5 were just remasters, making the game HD.

I think they're all fine as they are, but I guess if any games deserve remakes, it would probably be 358/2 Days and Re:Coded, since they're the only ones who didn't get the full-on current gen gameplay treatment. I'd also like to see a current gen remake of KH X/Unchained X for modern consoles some day, maybe give you a whole story that cohesively represents both the browser and mobile phone versions' sides of things, as well as some of the X Back Cover cutscenes

Otherwise I'd just want to see 1.5 and 2.5 ported over and upscaled for the PS4, so that way we can truly have everything on one system.

BBS and DDD. Those games have some serious balance problems, but the concepts underneath, particularly the command deck and command melding, are genuinely fantastic. Just tweaking a couple things would fix quite a few of my complaints with them. I'd also accept 358/2 Days, because that game REALLY had potential, but was squandered by the DS format.

I really can't choose just one entry in the series, so I'd like to see all of them remade someday!  But not now honestly, because we're still just barely off of the heels of the HD ReMixes, ya know?  I don't think that remakes are necessary, as of now!  Maybe ten to fifteen years from now?  Yeah, maybe so, but for now, honestly, I don't deem remakes of the games necessary! :3

I wanna say Kingdom Hearts 1 due to pure nostalgia, Kingdom Hearts II because I think Port Royal could be improved...but I think I'd rather see Dream Drop Distance remade. It's the 'first part' of Kingdom Hearts III, it's more open-world and I think the Grid would be more appropriate on current-gen hardware than PS2 graphics. 

This was a great question. Thank you.

Edited by Kaweebo

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days of course.

I've been waiting for a remake of this game ever since 1.5 was first announced for the PS3. But my hopes were trashed when they announced a cutscene movie which sucked.

Now with the new technology though, I'm really hoping that 358/2 Days gets the justice it deserves.

The other games are okay as they are, except for Re:Coded, but that game was lame so it's the last game I want remade.