Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Nomura already stated that the conversation between YMX and Young Eraqus is the opening of the game.  This is probably just to foreshadow of the events to come.

Honestly...If this happened right before Sora got his new outfit I would be content with that.

That scene just seems way to emotional and awesome not to put in.

I'll squeal like a little girl if it's in KH3

Edited by TheKeyofRose

I don't think it'll be how Kingdom Hearts III begins, since Nomura said that the chess scene where Xehanort and Eraqus converse is what we'll see first!  But after that, we could flash forward to the present day, and Sora saving Aqua could be in the cards for being an epic feels-worthy moment, ya know?  Let's see what happens! :D

Spoilers under cut for those whom do not wish to see anything of the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 cinematic, or spoilers of possible KH3. Unofficial discussion!

Spoiler What a irony she is drown and sky needs to help here xD

Edited by AwesomeKHfan

Peopel are putting way too much stock in this opeening. I mean yeah, sure it's lit, but when have KH opens ever been literal? They always either just foreshadow events to come or review the series as a whole and the CG opennings do this in a stylized manner. Example, Yes, Aqua fought Ven and Terra, but not at the same time.  So no, Sora is not literally going to be pulling Aqua out of the water at Destiny Islands, but he will save her.
And as other have said, the chess game is how KH3 starts.

Edited by Isamu Kuno