Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Honestly? I believe it to be an error. Considering the look on his face, the amount of control Vanitas had when Venitas existed and the history of people being possessed in KH. Don't get me started on how he's wearing his helmet. (Nitpicky, I know. xD)

I don't see any reason to justify it really, not even from the typical symbolic standpoint.

I dont think it matters much, remember Aqua is still in the RoD so the Terra and Ventus that she fights are most likely just illusions based off of her memories. Maybe the fact that Venitas had gold eyes slipped her mind? Or, like most peeps said above, it could just be an error.

Or just it´s an error who knows.

Honestly? I believe it to be an error.

Maybe just an error? 

Prolly just in error

People, this opening is a pre-rendered CG cut-scene by Visual Works than costs a lot of money to produce. What a waste of money to make an error on a pre-rendered CG opening. The blue eyes is clearly intentional. Now whether it's just artistic liberties for the opening, or if there truly is a hidden meaning is yet to be decided.

Personally, I feel as though Ventus having blue eyes is reflective of Ventus when he was equal amounts Dark and Light. Remember, at the beginning of Birth by Sleep, we've always seen Ventus as a being of pure light.

Edited by Guest

People, this opening is a pre-rendered CG cut-scene by Visual Works than costs million to produce. What a waste of money to make an error on a pre-rendered CG opening. The blue eyes is clearly intentional. Now whether it's just artistic liberties for the opening, or if there truly is a hidden meaning is yet to be decided.

Personally, I feel as though Ventus having blue eyes is reflective of Ventus when he was equal amounts Dark and Light. Remember, at the beginning of Birth by Sleep, we've always seen Ventus as a being of pure light.

You've heard of human beings, right? This race of creatures known for making so many errors that they have a form of error named after them?

Even people with millions of dollars to use in the making of a product screw up somewhere. I can point to numerous examples, such as the animated disaster of Foodfight or the worst Versus movie ever: Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.

That aside, if it was in fact intentional....what's the point? Ventus-Vanitas is the Vanitas-Possessed form of Ventus, with Vanitas in total control despite having Ventus's appearance and both of their voices. In his original appearance, he had the yellow eyes and bodysuit (Though he initially had Ven's Keyblade Armour) just to drive that point further home. He didn't have Vanitas's helmet like in this CG Opening does for some reason. Blue eyes would give the impression that Ventus is more in control than Vanitas, but his facial expression suggests otherwise, so it does strike me as more of an error, or best case: Artistic Liberties.

You've heard of human beings, right? This race of creatures known for making so many errors that they have a form of error named after them?

Even people with millions of dollars to use in the making of a product screw up somewhere. I can point to numerous examples, such as the animated disaster of Foodfight or the worst Versus movie ever: Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.

You clearly do not know how animation works. a sequence of pictures creates a frame. CG animation has frames too. If there was honestly an "error", the colours of the eyes would be inconsistent (like yellow/blue/yellow/yellow/blue). Plus, the CG tea was under the guidance of Nomura in regards to how the intro looks. This is intentional and pointing it as though it is an error is a disrespect to the artistic liberty of Visual Works.

Now the reasoning of the eye colour will inevitably be revealed in due time. Artisitic liberty or lore relevance, there is clearly no denying that it was intentionally especially considering that Terra-Xehanort had yellow eyes.

And by the way, those are awful comparisons to make in regards to errors, simply because, you're comparing a hypothetical error to two movies that you hate. Come to think about it, those two movies are not errors either. 

You clearly do not know how animation works. a sequence of pictures creates a frame. CG animation has frames too. If there was honestly an "error", the colours of the eyes would be inconsistent (like yellow/blue/yellow/yellow/blue). Plus, the CG tea was under the guidance of Nomura in regards to how the intro looks. This is intentional and pointing it as though it is an error is a disrespect to the artistic liberty of Visual Works.

Now the reasoning of the eye colour will inevitably be revealed in due time. Artisitic liberty or lore relevance, there is clearly no denying that it was intentionally especially considering that Terra-Xehanort had yellow eyes.

And by the way, those are awful comparisons to make in regards to errors, simply because, you're comparing a hypothetical error to two movies that you hate. Come to think about it, those two movies are not errors either. 

Then it's an inconsistency or a product of Artistic Liberty. I just don't see why they took this character and decided "Oh yeah, he has blue eyes now." Nomura's usually one for painfully obvious symbolism (Contestant No.13 Sora.) but this doesn't have even the vaguest of which. :/

Those movies are factually terrible, but fair enough, I screwed that up.

There must be a reason for that. No way that's an error/mistake in a pre-rendered animation.

My best guess would be that it symbolises Ventus (one with blue eyes) fighting Vanitas from the inside, thus meaning that he Vanitas isn't completely in control.

People, this opening is a pre-rendered CG cut-scene by Visual Works than costs million to produce. What a waste of money to make an error on a pre-rendered CG opening. The blue eyes is clearly intentional. Now whether it's just artistic liberties for the opening, or if there truly is a hidden meaning is yet to be decided.

I doubt this intro costed a million dollars to produce. I don't think KH3 even costs that much to make xD.

I think it is a mistake, but it seems quite irrelevant anyway. But apparently nothing in KH is a coincidence so who knows? 

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

Since this is pre-rendered, I bet the blue eyes has some relevancy. Nomura wouldn't intentionally make this mistake I don't think. It's an interesting topic, really. The blue eyes could easily symbolize something deep, you know like half the things in this series, haha. Or maybe it could be an error? Who knows? Only time will tell whether it's intentional or a mistake. I'll be interested to see the outcome.

Edited by Hallowseve

I doubt this intro costed a million dollars to produce. I don't think KH3 even costs that much to make xD.

I think it is a mistake, but it seems quite irrelevant anyway. But apparently nothing in KH is a coincidence so who knows? 

When it comes to animation in general, there's always a supervisor double checking as to whether an animated shot should be approved or not. Clearly, the shots with Ven-itas with blue eyes was approved. That's why I'm so adamant that it isn't a mistake. Because Nomura and Tai Yasue is are the directors of Kingdom Hearts, they clearly would have said yes or no before going through with the shots in the first place.

I've always noticed that KH/FF characters usually have brightly-colored eyes that are either blue or green.

I'm not too sure what's going on there, but eh. It could be a theme, or it could be a simple design choice.

Venitas having blue eyes isn't a mistake. If you look at the close-up of his face closely, you'll see that he also has black eyebrows.

It's meant to show the internal struggle between Ventus and Vanitas. The blond hair and blue eyes are Ven, and the dark suit, metal jaw piece, and black eyebrows are Vanitas.