Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheKeyofRose

Why I am dissapointed in 1.5+2.5 and my general feelings on the subject.

Yoichi Wada was still in charge when KH3 was announced.  He was something of an Xbox fanboy.  One of only a handful in Japan!

That said, I don't see the problem with it being on Xbox.  It's still on PS4, right?  So what's the problem?  It being on Xbox just means a few more people will be able to play it, regardless of the other titles.

Though with Wada out of the way, Nomura is now open to jizz all over Sony.  He always has been a Sony fantoid and always favored it.  That's why everything but KH3 is coming to PS4 only.  Blame Wada for getting it on the Xbox to begin with, blame Nomura for not remaining consistent to it out of fanboyism.

Edited by Iggy

They just really don't give a damn about the Xbox fanbase and it shows in interviews as well.I still remember when someone asked about 2.8 being only on ps4 and not on Xbox and Tai yasue just said yep and that's it..didn't even bother to elaborate more.

If KH3 was announced at e3 2015 i'm absolutely sure it would have been exclusive,the decision to put in on Xbox was done well before either console was out.I guess they were banking on a similar situation to last gen.

Edited by GroovingOnUp

My only complaint about 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4, is that Days and Re:coded won't be full games. Other than that, I am glad they're releasing it for the PS4, since my PS3 is a bit faulty. I understand it's disappointing for Xbox players to not be able to play these games, but it was originally a Playstation exclusive anyways.

Honestly, we need to be able to call Square out on their shit in such a way that they can hear it.

My only complaint about 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4, is that Days and Re:coded won't be full games. Other than that, I am glad they're releasing it for the PS4, since my PS3 is a bit faulty. I understand it's disappointing for Xbox players to not be able to play these games, but it was originally a Playstation exclusive anyways.

That's basically saying "Sucks to suck" :/

Besides, KH hasn't been exclusive to PS systems since CoM.

My only complaint about 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4, is that Days and Re:coded won't be full games.

You are expecting for Square Enix to not be lazy.

Besides, KH hasn't been exclusive to PS systems since CoM.

I'm....pretty sure there are at least three games you've missed there lol.

Edited by Shun Cookiesaki

You're missing 4 years of KH interviews(2012-2016) related to this subject, E3 interviews(E3 2015), and Shinji Hashimoto(Early 2015).

Rob is too lazy to provide them for you so he will sum it up with a picture of the man who planned it all(except for that 1 version of a certain game) when he decided to create KH3:

rsz_1rsz_interview-tetsuya-nomura-final-

You are expecting for Square Enix to not be lazy.

I'm....pretty sure there are at least three games you've missed there lol.

I meant that GBA CoM was the first game to not be on PS, so it would've only been PS exclusive for KH1/FM.

I guess it was kinda worded weirdly xP

I agree. I'm more disappointed that Square-Enix didn't make a full playable remake of 358/2 Days and Re:Coded for the PS4.

Hence why the second game,Chain of Memories,went immediately to a Nintendo handheld right after the first game was on Ps2.Don't also forget 358\2 Days and Recoded for the DS and Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS

Gimme a break dude it was never exclusive in the first place.And in this day and age aside from first party games and third party handheld releases,exclusivity is not a wise business decision anymore for a big multi-billion company like Square Enix

Square has no excuse to not bring 1.5 and 2.5 to Xbox One and if your excuse is exclusivity...........MGS 3 was a Ps2 exclusive back in the day yet it was ported to Xbox 360 no problem through the MGS HD collection.

Hell they should bring 1.5+2.5 to Steam too

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

Hence why the second game,Chain of Memories,went immediately to a Nintendo handheld right after the first game was on Ps2.Don't also forget 358\2 Days and Recoded for the DS and Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS

Gimme a break dude it was never exclusive in the first place.And in this day and age aside from first party games and third party handheld releases,exclusivity is not a wise business decision anymore for a big multi-billion company like Square Enix

Square has no excuse to not bring 1.5 and 2.5 to Xbox One and if your excuse is exclusivity...........MGS 3 was a Ps2 exclusive back in the day yet it was ported to Xbox 360 no problem through the MGS HD collection.

Hell they should bring 1.5+2.5 to Steam too

The lack of Steam versions disgusts me,I really wish they would just do it already

JUST DO IT

Edited by Casper Formadi

The lack of Steam versions disgust me

Yeah I don't get it,they ported tons of Final Fantasy games to steam but they can't do the same with KH?

And before someone say copyright dispute with Disney,Disney nowadays did do some digital releases like Disney Infinity before they shut down their gaming division and also Marvel,which is owned by Disney,did do digital distribution for Deadpool

Yeah I don't get it,they ported tons of Final Fantasy games to steam but they can't do the same with KH?

And before someone say copyright dispute with Disney,Disney nowadays did do some digital releases like Disney Infinity before they shut down their gaming division and also Marvel,which is owned by Disney,did do digital distribution for Deadpool

I've taken it upon myself to simply not buy these type of exclusives they are bad for the gaming industry as a whole. Imagine a console company buying up all the games, stifling innovation, then hurting consumers as a whole, i think gamers in general need to stop supporting such practice. For me when it comes to console exclusives(unless 1st party I'm a little more forgiving), either make a PC Version or I won't buy it luckily KH is very emulatable 

Edited by Casper Formadi

They just really don't give a damn about the Xbox fanbase and it shows in interviews as well.I still remember when someone asked about 2.8 being only on ps4 and not on Xbox and Tai yasue just said yep and that's it..didn't even bother to elaborate more.

Clearly, it's more to do with the sales of the Xbox One as opposed to the bias against Microsoft. Kingdom Hearts III was unveiled once the PS4 was unveiled, and back then, we couldn't really predict which of the two systems would be the better seller.

Fast forward to today's day and age, and clearly, there's not much of an incentive to place 1.5 and 2.5 on Xbox One because Japanese games sell poorly on the Xbox One.

But Kingdom Hearts sells well in NA, right? Same for Xbox One, isn't it? I mean, yes, it's a JRPG. And? A Xbox gamer will not buy it because it's a JRPG? It doesn't make any sense. I know they doesn't sell good there, but there shoud be a reason, not just "Because it's a JRPG". Also, beyond the type, it's also a Disney game (and a lot more than that!). I'm sure it would sell good, at least, profitable for Square. They shoud at least give a try.

Edited by Ydremx

I don't care at all tbh. You could also ask why they don't release KH3 or 1.5/2.5 on the Nintendo Switch, but you won't get a real answer. They release KH3 on Xbox One just for the sake of it. I mean I'm still surprised they even do that, since the numbered titles were all PS exclusives.

2.8 is also PS exclusive, I don't get why people are still surprsied then xD

I don't care at all tbh. You could also ask why they don't release KH3 or 1.5/2.5 on the Nintendo Switch, but you won't get a real answer. They release KH3 on Xbox One just for the sake of it. I mean I'm still surprised they even do that, since the numbered titles were all PS exclusives.

2.8 is also PS exclusive, I don't get why people are still surprsied then xD

If II.8 was on Xbox, it will without a doubt doesn't sell well at all. Unlike I.5+II.5, where it could, maybe...

I've taken it upon myself to simply not buy these type of exclusives they are bad for the gaming industry as a whole. Imagine a console company buying up all the games, stifling innovation, then hurting consumers as a whole, i think gamers in general need to stop supporting such practice. For me when it comes to console exclusives(unless 1st party I'm a little more forgiving), either make a PC Version or I won't buy it luckily KH is very emulatable 

I only accept console exclusivity if it's something either from first party,a 2nd party developer like Platinum who works through contracts,small indie devs and handheld exclusivity.Other than that it's pointless to keep something that's been on multiple systems exclusive especially when it's an HD collection

If II.8 was on Xbox, it will without a doubt doesn't sell well at all. Unlike I.5+II.5, where it could, maybe...

But to completely understand KH3 you need 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8. So it would be also kinda dumb to release the first two on Xbox but not 2.8 xD

But you're right. KH3 is probably only released on it because it would sell well.

So to understand the Xbox version of KH3 was announced back in 2013 in the first trailer. With that in hand, you already know where this subject is going.

So I suppose I need to talk about this I sat down and got super hyped 1.5 and 2.5 to next gen in 60 fps for that matter. Woot! However right at the end of that trailer...

ccae00d78c75866f696341a88d5e5bd2.png

Now it should be noted this was the NA trailer had this been the JP one I'd just pass it off, however...It isn't and I'm rather annoyed by this simply because now at this moment I simply have to ask?

What's the point bringing KH3 to the Xbox One if you are not going to even port 1.5 and 2.5 over so people who want to get into the series can?

I said it back before this was announced if another collection with 1 and 2 and the other games are in it I'm sure it will be on Xbone it only makes sense right?

I was entirely wrong instead it's a PS4 exclusive and I doubt that will be changing and the worse part I doubt anyone in any interview will ask "Why are you bringing KH3 to Xbox but not the other HD collections?"

I have a PS4 but this still ticks me off I feel bad for anyone who has a Xbone and was hoping that the HD collections would be rereleased and made Multi-platform.

What are you guys thoughts and opinions on this? And it should be noted I am not saying people on the Xbone are entitled to get KH I'm just annoyed by the way Square has handled it by saying 3 will be on the One but anything else is a nope.

I'm also pointing fingers at the crybabies who complained when KH3 was confirmed for the Xbox One you acted completely entitled like the series should only be on PS When in reality the series up until recently was on several different handhelds and the PS2. KH has never been Sony exclusive.

As much as I could go on I like hearing other peoples opinions.

So you like to hear other people's opinions but will still point fingers if someone has a particular opinion you don't agree with? Oooookay then...

Anyway, yeah I can agree that it's really annoying that they keep doing this with XBone users. Like, if you're going to put your biggest title on another system apart from the one you have been focusing on so much lately in the first place, you may as well be smart and actually use those other titles to your advantage. I mean, if the rationale behind putting KH3 on the XBone was to boost overall sales of the game, then that's going to be a pretty meager boost without any other titles on that system. Even if there are devoted KH fans who own an XBone and never played the games on any of those other systems but still managed to find a way to keep up with and be engaged with the series and would buy this game regardless, they still wouldn't make up the majority of the XBone userbase, they would barely be a fraction. The smart business thing to do would have been to make the HD titles available for Xbox systems as well as the Sony systems so that even if you didn't start with an Xbox KH userbase, you'd quickly be building one so that there would be more incentive for Xbox users to buy KH3 later. You would literally be creating new fans over the course of 3 years, hell, even in 1 year if you just did it with these new collections.

And yet, the fact that they don't seem to be doing anything towards that end seems to indicate one thing that only MST3K could spell out properly:

mst3k_eye_creatures_demotivator_by_cwpet

Square Enix, or at least the business portion of it, does not seem to care at all about having Kingdom Hearts on Xbox systems. I don't think they ever did honestly. I mean it's already well known that Japanese game companies kind of have this stigma against Microsoft, being their only contending American counterpart, and whether it's the cause of it or not, Xbox system sales just don't do so well in Japan as they do in other parts of the globe, so there isn't even much incentive for Japan-based game companies to invest in that, at least on their turf. Now clearly it's not that much of an issue as games still get made for Xbox from Japan and game companies for the most part will still support whatever console they are making the game for, but some companies seem to play favorites more than others. Square has had an extensive history with producing games for Nintendo and Sony systems, and it wasn't really until the more recent decade that they began making bigger titles available on Microsoft systems as well. I don't know if fans were asking for FF XIII to be brought to the 360 or if there was a growing group of Xbox users that were jealous of all the awesome Square games that everybody else got that finally decided to be vocal about it, but the fact is that it did ultimately get put on that system as well as PS3, and in many respects it had a right to be.

And that's kind of what I feel, that a game deserves to be on any system that can properly support it. Really brand and system loyalty only matters when it comes to convenience, like if a certain series has been consistently released on mostly the same system multiple times, it makes sense for the latest or most important installment to also be on said system. So while you can argue that Kingdom Hearts has never been a truly Sony-exclusive experience, it's certainly found it's home on more Sony systems more often than it has on Nintendo systems, and certainly more than Microsoft systems. So it kind of seemed like a logical decision to have KH3 on the PS4, the PS2 having been what hosted the last two important numbered titles and the PSP hosting the spinoff title that was practically the same status as a numbered title anyway, and the HD remixes on the PS3 because KH3 would be on the PS4 later on anyway.

Now had things had stayed that way, I doubt this would be as much of an issue as it is now. At most we would just be continuing the old conversation of "will they ever bring the KH experience to Xbox users? Sony and Nintendo fans get it so lucky". But then, when KH3's formal reveal came around, not only did they reveal it for the PS4, but to the shock of many, the XBone as well. I have to admit, that really came out of nowhere for me. From a company that had a history of not putting this series on the Xbox, to suddenly see that they would be extending this experience to a group of gamers who potentially have never even heard of it before felt really bizarre, especially since 1.5 didn't show any signs of being on Xbox 360 at the time either. Despite how off it felt though, I figured that it would be for a sales boost just like they did with more recent FF titles, and I also figured that if they kept going with HD remasters, they would eventually get to the point where they can just give collections to both Sony and Microsoft users, in anticipation for KH3 releasing for both.

But so far, we have been getting a noticeable lack of Microsoft related news in ANYTHING Kingdom Hearts related these past few years. I mean think about it, 1.5 and 2.5 never made it to 360, nor did they ever bring that up (in fact, no one even seemed to question that in interviews either, the hell?), 2.8 is acting as a prologue to KH3 and yet it's only available on the PS4, then we get the 1.5+2.5 collection for PS4 today, also not showing any clear signs of an XBone accessibility, and whenever we do get any footage of KH3, notice anything particular about the button configuration? It's only ever been PS4 controls!

Guys, it's pretty clear that from the start that this was always going to be a PS4 game. The marketing keeps pushing all related content towards the Sony market, the gameplay footage only ever shows PS4 gameplay, and for some reason no one even bothers to ask or bring up the fact that a noticeable lack of consideration is being given to the other community of players that they are supposed to market towards. So this begs the question, why even bother marketing KH3 for the XBone as well? There really seems to be no mobilization behind it. There's nothing that caters to Xbox users, all this content only seems to be available for Sony users, and all material seems to highlight the Playstation experience, it really feels like announcing it for XBone was just an afterthought, one that was never looked back at since that announcement. 

I'll admit to having some loyalty towards Playstation, it was my first system ever and my primary gaming experience as a child, it's only natural, but believe me when I say that there is no bias coming from me when I say that they should have just kept this simple and made it a purely PS4 exclusive experience. Because really, as far as they're concerned that's what it already was, they just see the XBone as an extra stocking for Santa to leave goodies in, one that's only going to be filled up half way because most of the good stuff got put into the first one already. At the very least they would be cutting the pretenses and wouldn't look like they were being neglectful and disregarding an entire group of gamers who suddenly mattered (or rather should have mattered) to them. But for some reason, someone in the business side of Square thought it would be a good idea to announce it for XBone as well, but then never spoke up again when it came to discussing marketing for the other KH titles announced and released in the meantime. So now, despite kind of already ignoring potential Microsoft users for 15 years already, Square looks even more dismissive by pretty much inviting in a new userbase only to forget that they were ever there and accidentally close the door on them after looking at whatever Sony's base is doing.

The point here is either have KH3 for both PS4 and XBone users and provide promotional content (remixes, trailers, demos, etc.) for both in an equal manner, or just never bother in the first place and just keep it on PS4. Maybe they might surprise everyone and announce that there will be later released versions of the Remixes for XBone, but at this point it kind of feels like it'd be too late, they are literally missing every train they could possibly catch here. I swear when KH3 comes out, I will have almost forgotten that it was ever announced for XBone in the first place, just like Square seems to have done.