Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

2 Big Questions about this Port

1. Will they make the mirage arena online? 

2.What's the box art going to look like? Some people have said it'll just be the logo but that seems like a placeholder, 2.8 also had the logo as the cover on Amazon for a long time. I think the box art will be half and half, 1 side is the art for 1.5 and the other is the art for 2.5, but this means it'll have to be quite squished. Or could they make a new art entirely? Maybe a mixture of 1.5 and 2.5? 

:D

1. Maybe. They wanted to add that in 2.5 I think, but had not enough time in the end. So maybe they implement it in the PS4 port now (after all the bugs are fixed)

2. I don't think it'll be a new art cover. Too many people for one cover xD So maybe half-half, or really just the logos.

2.What's the box art going to look like? Some people have said it'll just be the logo but that seems like a placeholder, 2.8 also had the logo as the cover on Amazon for a long time. I think the box art will be half and half, 1 side is the art for 1.5 and the other is the art for 2.5, but this means it'll have to be quite squished. Or could they make a new art entirely? Maybe a mixture of 1.5 and 2.5? 

1. As the PS4 is a pretty powerful platform, I think it will. Maybe it can be a PS4 Pro exclusive thing or something, I don't really know. 

2. It has to be a mixture of 1.5 and 2.5 of some sort. I don't know how Square Enix would pull it off, but if it does, they're usually spot on with their art work. 

Come to think of it though, they might tease ONE more hidden message in this artwork relating to Kingdom Hearts 3 (since we've already had two hidden messages in the PS3 versions anyway). 

1. Really depends.

2. Really depends.

Okay, lol, actual answers.

1. Well, actually it does really depend. In particular it depends on how long they have been working on this port and how much effort they put into changing things. The best bet we can make is that they polished up the graphics a tiny bit, improved the frame rate of all the titles, and fixed (hopefully) most of the bugs that the PS3 versions had. Any content-specific changes like the return of an online Mirage Arena, new cutscenes, or even minor things like giving everyone a cape in Birth By Sleep or making Zero/One a Keyblade card in Re:Chain of Memories, well, we'll have to wait and see. I'm personally hoping for some new content, but at this point I guess it isn't too necessary. It'd just be the icing on the cake...extra icing...for those of us who really like extra icing....and cake.

2. Who knows, I see it going either two ways. Either A, it'll be a basic combination of the two covers made to look cohesive with each other with the sunset to night transition, or B, it'll be an entirely new piece of artwork that may or may not continue the trend of the HD remixes' covers of time transition and Sora rising and stuff. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

1. I don't see it happening since they'll basically be ports with just enhancements (60 FPS and Pro Mode). I'm not saying it's impossible for them to implement, but that costs money, man power, and time. I would rather have them use all that for KH3 tbh than an online mode on 7 year old software.

2. There will definitely be cover art, not just the symbols. However I'm unsure if it'll be completely new box art, or just a mash up of both 1.5 and 2.5.

1. doubt it

2. The current art is not final. There will be an actual cover art

1. As the PS4 is a pretty powerful platform, I think it will. Maybe it can be a PS4 Pro exclusive thing or something, I don't really know. 

2. It has to be a mixture of 1.5 and 2.5 of some sort. I don't know how Square Enix would pull it off, but if it does, they're usually spot on with their art work. 

Come to think of it though, they might tease ONE more hidden message in this artwork relating to Kingdom Hearts 3 (since we've already had two hidden messages in the PS3 versions anyway).

PS4 Pro exclusive? That makes no sense. The Pro version will just be the exact same game, but in 4K. Plus, it wouldn't be a wise business move.

I can see the cover being similar to the Ico and Shadow of colossus collection. Or maybe like the DB Tenkaichi HD collection... or even a rehash of the Re:CoM+KHII artwork... you know, the one they used in the KH2.5 limited edition...

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Online Arena in BBS either, just a port, with bug fixes, improved resolution and higher frames... allegedly...

1: No I'm 100% sure that they won't do that

2: Hmm like you said, I think the half of 1.5 and a half of 2.5

Although maybe a brand new one that will add a piece of the Box Art Puzzle.

These are interesting questions, Shinobi!

Personally, in terms of the Mirage Arena, I'm a bit on the middle side of things.  I think it'll remain the same as on the PS3, but at the same time, the PS4 version may be online! We'll have to wait and see!

As for new cover art, I'm pretty sure Nomura will come up with something for us to drool over, so that's going to be awesome! :D

With the annoncement of the remastered Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix for the PS4 it has caused some mixed reactions throughout the Kingdom Hearts community. However I think I can safely say that the majority of the community would be curious to find out what the design for the box art will look like. We already know the design of the logo. 

post-62353-0-07109500-1477924951_thumb.png

However, what exactly the design is for the cover is completely up for interpretation however feel there is 2 different directions they could take

1. Merge 1.5's and 2.5's covers together somehow or

2. Create a completely new artwork

Personally I believe (and hope) for number 2. Seeing a brand new design by Tetsuya Nomura always fills me with hype and joy for the next instalment. If I am right i would also like to ask you guys what you think the cover art will look like and will it follow the similar connections that Tetsuya Nomura pointed out with 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8. For example what time of day will the sky be at and what position will Sora be in (personally i feel it will be this: 1.5 Sora sitting, 2.5 Sora standing, 2.8 Sora walking, 1.5 + 2.5 Sora running and Kingdom Hearts 3 Sora Flying.

post-62353-0-45169000-1477926297_thumb.jpg

post-62353-0-21870600-1477926320_thumb.png

post-62353-0-48314600-1477926355_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think?