• Donald Trump
    • Hilary Clinton
  2. 2. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • I'd rather not say
    • I'm not voting for either of them.
    • I'm voting for a 3rd party

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. This is basically what happened to Australia when it voted in Tony Abbott, but with much greater fallout (since the US has its hands in everything and we're just an isolated nation in the southwest Pacific). See the Torrentfreak image in my previous post for my basic opinion on the subject.

Edited by Ultima Spark

I'm from Australia so over here we have a lot of 'Coalition/Liberals VS Labour"

I understand that Trump as won but I also noticed he is coming with a Republic point of view while Clinton is a Democrat.

Can someone please explain to me why its so bad/good if Trump OR Clinton wins?

I noted we have KH13 members here praising Trump's victory while other members are claiming that the newly elected president would be end of the world...and I'm really really lost...

so an explanation would be nice :D

First: I really don't like either candidate. Both parties should be ashamed of themselves. Yes the people voted, but the Democrats have been riding the Hillary train for a while, and the Republicans let Trump bully his way through the primaries.

There are many harsh remarks being said now, but one in particular is rubbing me the wrong way. Multiple people are saying things like "Well, minorities and women's rights have been sent back a century", "I (an African American) am scared to leave my house now", and "If you voted for Trump today, make sure to explain to your lgbt+, female, black, latino/a, Muslim friends why they don't matter to you".

Is Donald Trump racist? I don't for sure because I can't know his heart, but a lot of his words suggest that he is. Why do people think that's going to be his entire administration. He'll deport illegal immigrants. GOOD! They're ILLEGAL and it isn't fair to all those poor people waiting to get in the LEGAL way. He'll overturn marriage equality. GOOD! That SHOULD be decided on the local level. If it's truly right, then every state should vote in favor of it anyway, right?

For the past two elections, the majority voted for Obama. Now the majority voted Trump. What happened? Why were we so "progressive" before, and now we're ignorant racists? I seriously doubt Obama voters who voted for Trump were like "Well that black feller didn't work out, time to HATE". There are many issues with a Trump presidency, but I don't think race is one of them.

First: I really don't like either candidate. Both parties should be ashamed of themselves. Yes the people voted, but the Democrats have been riding the Hillary train for a while, and the Republicans let Trump bully his way through the primaries.

There are many harsh remarks being said now, but one in particular is rubbing me the wrong way. Multiple people are saying things like "Well, minorities and women's rights have been sent back a century", "I (an African American) am scared to leave my house now", and "If you voted for Trump today, make sure to explain to your lgbt+, female, black, latino/a, Muslim friends why they don't matter to you".

Is Donald Trump racist? I don't for sure because I can't know his heart, but a lot of his words suggest that he is. Why do people think that's going to be his entire administration. He'll deport illegal immigrants. GOOD! They're ILLEGAL and it isn't fair to all those poor people waiting to get in the LEGAL way. He'll overturn marriage equality. GOOD! That SHOULD be decided on the local level. If it's truly right, then every state should vote in favor of it anyway, right?

For the past two elections, the majority voted for Obama. Now the majority voted Trump. What happened? Why were we so "progressive" before, and now we're ignorant racists? I seriously doubt Obama voters who voted for Trump were like "Well that black feller didn't work out, time to HATE". There are many issues with a Trump presidency, but I don't think race is one of them.

I think most of the pro-Trump votes were done simply out of spite toward a political establishment/elite they felt failed them. And while I sympathise with that motive to an extent, I doubt Trump would bother attempting to fix that; he ran for this position primarily to fulfill his ego, and spite votes almost always end up biting one in the ass down the line (see: Australia and Tony Abbott). I'd like to say this might be the shock needed for the US to realise they plunged into the abyss long ago and need to fix their entire political system urgently, but...

Edited by Ultima Spark

Thank you Lord Trump won! I am so happy.

At the possible expense of the rest of the world (if there's one constant in society, it's American hubris...). Yes it was basically shit vs. shit, but I at least had marginally more "faith" that Clinton would've been able to swallow her pride for just long enough when the chips were down, but I don't trust Trump at all to not "push the nuclear button" when things go bad. 

So sad. All I can see is America suddenly becoming much more nationalist, possibly affecting global relations. What annoys me even more is that he doesn't believe in global warming, so he's going to reduce renewable energy with nonrenewable energy (a big reason why the swing states voted for him, because they produce a big amount of coal in the US). This will absolutely horrible for our planet in general; I live in Los Angeles, and the effects of air pollution are easily visible to the naked eye. Along with this, I don't think he realizes that stopping immigration will negatively affect the US economy.

What disturbs me the most, however, is that people actually support his views. Some, not all, of his supporters, are now not afraid of showing their true colors, which I guess could be a good thing. However, the fact that the majority of the US supports his homophobic, racist, and sexist ideals honestly makes me scared. And I can't help but ask myself if Trump was elected in response to Obama being the first black president, and the idea of a woman in office was just too much for some people. No doubt, this is definitely going to widen the gap between the US population.

Mike Pence isn't better. He believes that if a woman has a miscarriage it's her fault, and that gay people should be subject to electroshock therapy.

Greater? To me, this is going backwards. If this is really our future, good luck America.