• Donald Trump
    • Hilary Clinton
  2. 2. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • I'd rather not say
    • I'm not voting for either of them.
    • I'm voting for a 3rd party

Some people protest this way BC it's their way of not contributing to the problem. I won't fault them for exercising their way of protesting. They have their right to protest or vote as they please whether you agree with it or not. Personally I voted, but I get where they are coming from.

You're not contributing to the problem if you vote blank. Voting blank shows you care, not voting shows you don't. I dislike both candidates but I can still manage to find out which of them I prefer over the other by actually doing some research and finding out if there is anything any of them says that actually sounds reasonable. And if some people can't do that, if some still can't find any likable traits in any of them, then still vote blank to show that you give a crap about your own country. People have fought to acquire the right to vote, so in respect to your forefathers and your own country show that you care, get off your ass and just vote!

You're not contributing to the problem if you vote blank. Voting blank shows you care, not voting shows you don't. I dislike both candidates but I can still manage to find out which of them I prefer over the other by actually doing some research and finding out if there is anything any of them says that actually sounds reasonable. And if some people can't do that, if some still can't find any likable traits in any of them, then still vote blank to show that you give a crap about your own country. People have fought to acquire the right to vote, so in respect to your forefathers and your own country show that you care, get off your ass and just vote!

I do not think you understand the concept of boycotting as a way of protesting. It's their right whether you agree or not. Some people do not even believe in the voting system anymore bc they feel it's rigged. ( Look at the DNC scandal and Debbie Wasserman ) Do some research and understand other people's perspectives on this before you label them.

Voting blank shows that you care about the voting system but don't support any of the candidates. They have no way to find out if those who didn't vote supported Hillary or Trump or neither. Voting blank is the real protest against two shitty options. Not voting is lazy.

I understand the sentiment, but it relies on the condition you support our voting process. Our voting process is a huge part of the problem and is not truly reflective of the will of the people. The electoral college essentially renders the majority voice null if the candidate does not have the right electoral votes. Essentially it teaches Americans that their votes don't matter if they aren't in swing states. It also coerces us into picking the lesser of two evils instead of the most qualified candidates.

I do not think you understand the concept of boycotting as a way of protesting. It's their right whether you agree or not. Some people do not even believe in the voting system anymore bc they feel it's rigged. Do some research and understand other people's perspectives on this before you label them.

I understand the concept of boycotting. I just don't agree with it in terms of voting. I'm also well aware of the fact that you can't force people to vote. After all it's a right, not an obligation. But it's a right a lot of people through time has been denied. What I advice people to do is to check their rights and see where they can help. If you have a privilege others don't have, you owe it to your people to help where you can. And even if the voting pools are proven to be rigged, then you're diffidently not contributing to any problems because you never had a say in any of the matters any ways. But until that is proven you gotta believe that voting makes a difference. That you can voice your opinion.

I understand the concept of boycotting. I just don't agree with it in terms of voting. I'm also well aware of the fact that you can't force people to vote. After all it's a right, not an obligation. But it's a right a lot of people through time has been denied. What I advice people to do is to check their rights and see where they can help. If you have a privilege others don't have, you owe it to your people to help where you can. And even if the voting pools are proven to be rigged, then you're diffidently not contributing to any problems because you never had a say in any of the matters any ways. But until that is proven you gotta believe that voting makes a difference. That you can voice your opinion.

You called them lazy. I only pointed out why that's not true if you understood why they were doing it. I'm allowing people to have a right to their choice and opinion while understanding they have their reasons too. If you feel the voting system is flawed or rigged and you don't even support the choices, boycotting makes sense to them. It's their right. A person can't go around telling people what to do with their votes and opinions on the platform of freedoms they have. It's super ironic. They are practicing their freedoms.

Honestly, I feel like this election is about a lot more than political views. I feel so many people are misinformed because some people decide to hate others for no reason at all and decide to take the focas off of important issues, and instead make mountains out of molehills.

A person can't go around telling people what to do with their votes and opinions on the platform of freedoms they have. It's super ironic. They are practicing their freedoms.

It's not ironic (that is if you're referring to me). I'm only trying convince people to think differently, as that is my right. Maybe I came off as a bit harsh in my first few comments. Apologies. But I still dislike it when people don't vote. Of course they are free to do so. I get where they're coming from. I only which to try and change that view. That's all I've tried to accomplish with these few comments. To try and make a change I believe is correct.

Honestly, I feel like this election is about a lot more than political views. I feel so many people are misinformed because some people decide to hate others for no reason at all and decide to take the focas off of important issues, and instead make mountains out of molehills.

I think the media in all parts of the world has been misinforming so many people about what these two are really like. 

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

It's not ironic (that is if you're referring to me). I'm only trying convince people to think differently, as that is my right. Maybe I came off as a bit harsh in my first few comments. Apologies. But I still dislike it when people don't vote. Of course they are free to do so. I get where they're coming from. I only which to try and change that view. That's all I've tried to accomplish with these few comments. To try and make a change I believe is correct.

I don't even disagree with you about the importance of voting. I voted myself. I'm just explaining the way our process works and how we have so many different perspectives on how this is going down in this election. I have observed many friends on facebook boycotting the election bc Bernie got screwed ( DNC Scandal) and they won't support the other candidates they don't believe in.They donated to campaigns and attended rallies. They tried to have their voice heard until their voice was snuffed. It creates bitterness and a lack of faith in the system. ( This is just one example of what I mean. )

I think the media in all parts of the world has been misinforming so many people about what these 2 are really like.

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, some of these things are nonexistent. I don't believe anything negative I hear about people that I know are hated for no reason.

Voted for Hillary, and she's going to win.

I'm sorry that people feel like their vote doesn't count. It always does, even if it doesn't feel like it. But if you're taking some weird principled stand, A. Now is not the time, and B. Then you really shouldn't be able to complain about the result one way or another. You have a voice, and that voice is a vote. Use it.

The argument of voting for neither because neither of them is your first choice is a poor one. Vote for the one who you dislike the least, lest one whom offends you more wins. Our generations apathy doesnt need any more help, and the idea that the outcome will be the same either way is foolish.

Voting for someone you don't believe in or support just to prevent another candidate who you also don't believe in is just as bad. It's called selling out.  Write in's are better options than voting for someone you don't support or believe in. There are actually four candidates, not 2, and even then they aren't very good choices either tbh.

Jill Stein is crazy.

Gary Johnson can't even answer questions he is asked.

I am not voting because I have no preference at this point.  Personally I am not fond of either candidate so I do not see the point in my voting and supporting someone whose views I don't share.  I'm definitely not voting because I'm lazy.  If there was someone I liked I would certainly vote for them.  I don't think there's anything wrong with however a person chooses to go about elections, but everyone has their own personal reasons for doing what they feel is right, and to judge them because of it would be very unfair.

The argument of voting for neither because neither of them is your first choice is a poor one. Vote for the one who you dislike the least, lest one whom offends you more wins. Our generations apathy doesnt need any more help, and the idea that the outcome will be the same either way is foolish.

I can see where you're coming from, but I also see how this could cause potential problems.  If a person dislikes both then it's still hard to swallow supporting one that you dislike, because if they're elected you're still helping them win.  I know others who are doing the same exact thing, because they can't stand the thought of one of the candidates winning.  I can understand where you are coming from, however, and this is only my opinion.  I think you should certainly do what you feel is right. :)

You know, I really think Michelle Obama should've ran for President instead of Hillary.......... Don't ask.

But regardless, I voted. I don't think Trump is qualified to enter the oval office, he needs to stop being such a narcissitic manbaby. But I also think Hillary needs a lot of adjusting too.

I feel like this election is so different because decency is a huge factor. With other elections, it was simply a difference of political views. This time around it feels like a vote is direct reflection of your character.

Don't think i'm going to vote for anybody, mostly because i'm not interested in it. Even if I had to choose between those two, I just wouldn't have enough knowledge to pick who I want to pick 

Never underestimate the power of spite: it's how Australia found itself with Tony Abbott (the "suppository of wisdom") in the Prime Minister's seat. Also, some comments on Torrentfreak I find interesting:

Cwyy7loUcAAx7Z1.jpg

Voting for someone you don't believe in or support just to prevent another candidate who you also don't believe in is just as bad. It's called selling out.  Write in's are better options than voting for someone you don't support or believe in. There are actually four candidates, not 2, and even then they aren't very good choices either tbh.

Jill Stein is crazy.

Gary Johnson can't even answer questions he is asked.

Actually it's called tactical voting round here, because the way our parliamentary system works. If you like in a safe conservative seat, your best bet is to vote lib dem, because that's the only way the seat will swing. There's very little point voting for who you want unless it's the monster raving loony party (who actually do have some seats)

I'm labour, but I realise that I'll have to vote lib dem in the general election because unless you're Bristol you don't just swing from Tory to labour

Actually it's called tactical voting round here, because the way our parliamentary system works. If you like in a safe conservative seat, your best bet is to vote lib dem, because that's the only way the seat will swing. There's very little point voting for who you want unless it's the monster raving loony party (who actually do have some seats)

I'm labour, but I realise that I'll have to vote lib dem in the general election because unless you're Bristol you don't just swing from Tory to labour

Well I don't know about the UK but well...you can see what works in America lmao. 

*sigh*

Okay.  Trump is president.  It's not so bad people.  First off, Canada's borders are open, provided you can maintain a steady career and income.  If not, there's always plenty of booze and drugs.  Now, me personally (as a medical expert...or at least close to one with a master's), I can't condone harmful crap like stimulants or pain-killers.  Even alcohol, I say drink with careful moderation.  Personally, I prefer a glass of Macallan 12 year, though I've been accused of having expensive tastes in scotch.

That said, psychedelics with minimal physiological effects, like LSD or shrooms, come with my highest recommendation.  Poses no dangers to your body, they aren't remotely addictive, no adverse side-effects, and are powerful enough to make everything feel like oblivion.  I imagine they'll both be in high demand come tomorrow!