Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

Shinji Hashimoto discusses Kingdom Hearts at Lucca Comics & Games; Improvements in graphics in Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX for PS4; No "2.9"...

Kingdom Hearts series producer and Final Fantasy series brand manager Shinji Hashimoto was in attendance at a conference at Lucca Comics & Games 2016 in Italy last month. During this conference, Hashimoto was able to discuss and answer questions relating to the upcoming Kingdom Hearts releases.

The translations below have been provided by Aquaberry.

Hashimoto noted that the cinematic movie Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, present in the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue collection, will fill up a missing space in the Kingdom Hearts timeline and that it will be comprehensible even to those who have not played Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ for smartphone.

He commented on Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-, saying that its story will connect directly to the story that will be presented in Kingdom Hearts III. He also said that the duration of the game will partly depend upon the player's abilities. While it may seem a short game, it has a substantial amount of playable content.

He also noted that there will be no "Kingdom Hearts 2.9" after Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue as "it will proceed directly to [Kingdom Hearts] 3."

Hashimoto discussed Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, saying that the idea for the compilation was due to fans all around the world commenting on the complexity of the plot of the Kingdom Hearts series. The PlayStation 4 release will address this issue by enabling the fans to own the entire collection on the same console. Furthermore, he indicated that the PS4 re-release will contain some differences from the PS3 releases; it will have much better graphics.

Hashimoto was also asked to comment on the legitimacy of the story surrounding the conception of Kingdom Hearts in an accidental meeting in an elevator with a Disney employee who worked in the same building. Hashimoto answered that this is a matter he has been asked about many times. He clarified that while Square were working in the same building as Disney, it was the latter that approached with a proposal for a collaboration that later became the Kingdom Hearts series.

As reported previously, Hashimoto confirmed that Kingdom Hearts HD Dream Drop Distance will be fully translated in Italian and Spanish; this is a novel development as Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance for Nintendo 3DS was not fully localised in these languages. The game, originally intended for two screens, will certainly be playable in one screen on the PS4.

Hashimoto also reminded fans that the Sora DLC for World of Final Fantasy will be available for only a limited time only this winter.

Lastly, Hashimoto reflected on his contentment towards the evolution of the Kingdom Hearts series, saying that he is happy about the success of the series reflected by fans across the world.

A full video of the conference can be viewed below, thanks to GamerClick.it.

What are your expectations from Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue? Are you excited to play Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX on PS4? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

Hashimoto discussed Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, saying that the idea for the compilation was due to fans commenting on the complexity of the plot of the Kingdom Hearts series. The PS4 release will address this issue by enabling the fans to own the entire collection on the same console. Furthermore, he indicated that the PS4 re-release will contain some differences from the PS3 releases, with a major improvement in graphics.

I really hope this means improved functionality.

Peace!

Edited by Yuya Sakaki

I'm 90% sure it's a scrapped line from before the release

I really don't think so. It sounds nothing like Hayden did back then. Compare it to any line in the original game, the voice itself is entirely different.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

I really don't thik so. It sounds nothing like Hayden did back then. Compare it to any line in the original game, the voice itself is entirely different.

Maybe that's why they scrapped it :P

I thought it sounded like young Hayden, but like I said, i'm not 100% sure

Maybe that's why they scrapped it :P

I thought it sounded like young Hayden, but like I said, i'm not 100% sure

That's the thing, it doesn't sound like young Hayden, it sounds like current Hayden trying to sound yonger, but when she was younger it her voice had a different quality that it now lacks.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

I really don't see a reason for a 2.9 now that both 1.5 and 2.5 will be on the PS4 as well as 2.8.  And I hope there are more improvements from the PS3 version to the PS4 one besides improved graphics,but I am a little curious as to what the rest of the differences are if they are not just improvements to graphics and load times and such. 

There: No 2.9

Are you happy?

Are the idiots going to stop posting ridiculous memes related to the names and comment on youtube about how KH3 is "held back" by Square and they "only release crappy spin-offz"?

Will people finally get that KH3 is a thing and will come out?

Kingdom Hearts series producer and Final Fantasy series brand manager Shinji Hashimoto was in attendance at a conference at Lucca Comics & Games 2016 in Italy last month. During this conference, Hashimoto was able to discuss and answer questions relating to the upcoming Kingdom Hearts releases.

Hashimoto noted that the cinematic movie Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, present in the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue collection, will fill up a missing space in the Kingdom Hearts timeline and that it will be comprehensible even to those who have not played Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ for smartphone.

But Hashimoto-san, didn't Yasue-san say to the Xbox Kingdom Hearts fans that they don't need to experience previous Kingdom Hearts games to understand Kingdom Hearts III? I see a double-standard here...  :wink:

But Hashimoto-san, didn't Yasue-san say to the Xbox Kingdom Hearts fans that they don't need to experience previous Kingdom Hearts games to understand Kingdom Hearts III? I see a double-standard here...  :wink:

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD

Anyway, no 2.9? Eh, fair enough, I guess I'll just use it as a nickname for 1.5+2.5 then, lol kidding (well, half-kidding xD ).

In any case, I hope aside from reduced loading times, upscaled graphics, and higher framerates, they also correct some of the graphical errors that popped up in a few places. In particular, I want them to fix the bane of my existence that I'm sure I've ranted about 20 times over to all of you by now, Ventus' incorrect Dive Into the Heart design swap (the one where after he first connects with Sora, instead of having the pillar where he is depicted with no Keyblade, he is given his final pillar design, effectively ruining the symbolism of his character growth). That pissed me off so much, I still can't believe that somebody was dumb enough to have made that mistake in the first place. Hopefully they've taken this opportunity to go back and correct those kinds of errors, I mean with this essentially being a port to the PS4, the presentation should be the main showcase here.

Some additional things that would be nice would be if they could manage to either give everyone fully functional capes in BbS or at least give the Mirage Arena it's online multiplayer mode back (or even just a local one), maybe even one or two new scenes somewhere, and maybe make something acknowledging Re:Coded in one of the games, like make a Zero/One card in Re:Chain of Memories like the Days cards. Though honestly I don't see these being too necessary for the re-release, they would just be nice things to see since they have the opportunity to do all this again.

OH, wait! Since 2.8 got rid of the mitten-fingers maybe they can do the same thing for Birth By Sleep Final Mix!? Maybe!? PLEASE!? I just want to see fully articulated digits dang it!

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

So I guess those screenshots they released alongside the announcement weren't real, then? They look identical to the original 1.5 and 2.5. I'm hoping he's being genuine when he says there's a huge improvement graphically. 

So I guess those screenshots they released alongside the announcement weren't real, then? They look identical to the original 1.5 and 2.5. I'm hoping he's being genuine when he says there's a huge improvement graphically. 

There's only so much anti-aliasing and texture cleaning you can do to PS2 graphics before it goes into "remake" territory. There's no need for a "huge graphical improvement" (unless of course, Visual Works is remaking all the CG intro's are being remade with PS4 CG but even that's a bit of a stretch to say the least).

In any case, I hope aside from reduced loading times, upscaled graphics, and higher framerates, they also correct some of the graphical errors that popped up in a few places. In particular, I want them to fix the bane of my existence that I'm sure I've ranted about 20 times over to all of you by now, Ventus' incorrect Dive Into the Heart design swap (the one where after he first connects with Sora, instead of having the pillar where he is depicted with no Keyblade, he is given his final pillar design, effectively ruining the symbolism of his character growth). That pissed me off so much, I still can't believe that somebody was dumb enough to have made that mistake in the first place. Hopefully they've taken this opportunity to go back and correct those kinds of errors, I mean with this essentially being a port to the PS4, the presentation should be the main showcase here.

I'm still peeved of that Cinderella's Station of Awakening is depicted as a Brunette. All they literally have to do is change a colour segment of the Station of Awakening. It's just so awkward it hurts.

Station_Cinderella_KH.png

Edited by Guest

I really hope this means improved functionality.

Peace!

It better mean ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!! THIS IS YOUR THIRD TIME RELEASING THIS GAME SE, DON'T MESS IT UP AGAIN!!!!

The answer is simple really, SE = PS elitists (or to solve in the problem in a different way Xbox = Xmoney)

Thank you for this article, human!  It's provided me with interesting information and what you humans call "hype worthy" material!

So it seems that 0.2 will have a length that depends on the human player's ability to go through it, eh? Interesting! It seems that both this and the re-releases of the ReMixes will have lots of goodies for those who get them for the PS4! And no 2.9 after, right? That means that Kingdom Hearts III is a home run shot at this point!

Ooh, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Back Cover! As an interdimensional Dream Demon, I like to learn about the history of the different universes I visit, and I want to see how animal hoodie people caused a genocide of Keyblade Wielders! That'll be fun to see! B)

But yes, this was all very interesting news, thank you, human!

There: No 2.9

Are you happy?

Are the idiots going to stop posting ridiculous memes related to the names and comment on youtube about how KH3 is "held back" by Square and they "only release crappy spin-offz"?

Will people finally get that KH3 is a thing and will come out?

When the release date is confirmed and the game comes out!!! 

Huge graphical upgrade?What exactly could they do,visually the games already looked great.

Though i guess they could update Aqua's model from blank points,it was pretty bad,no improvements from psp.

Remake the whole thing in Unreal 4 with the Kingdom Shader? Kiddin'g obvously but that really seems liek the only way they could possibly improve graphics any further for such old games.

There's only so much anti-aliasing and texture cleaning you can do to PS2 graphics before it goes into "remake" territory. There's no need for a "huge graphical improvement" (unless of course, Visual Works is remaking all the CG intro's are being remade with PS4 CG but even that's a bit of a stretch to say the least).

I'm still peeved of that Cinderella's Station of Awakening is depicted as a Brunette. All they literally have to do is change a colour segment of the Station of Awakening. It's just so awkward it hurts.

Station_Cinderella_KH.png

Not just that, they made Belle a readhead too

596px-Station_Belle_KH.png

Edited by Isamu Kuno

OH, wait! Since 2.8 got rid of the mitten-fingers maybe they can do the same thing for Birth By Sleep Final Mix!? Maybe!? PLEASE!? I just want to see fully articulated digits dang it!

LMAO MITTEN FINGERS

I wouldn't 100% keep my hopes up and rely on saying "huge". The translator for the interview did say "much better" graphics, but this could mean anything. Things get lost in translations too, unfortunately. But it is confirmed that graphics will be improved :)

I'd wish for them to use fish face less in some scenes, but I know it won't happen. That's more remake territory.

Still... We can all dream, right? :)

Actually, in BSS Final Mix, apparently, Sora and Riku had new textured models. Apparently, they were originally fish-faced models. Hopefully, they can give Isa a textured face. His fish-face clashing with Young Lea's regular face is such an eyesore.

The answer is simple really, SE = PS elitists (or to solve in the problem in a different way Xbox = Xmoney)

I don't blame Square Enix Business Division 3 being PlayStation elitist when the Xbox One sold less units than the Sega Dreamcast in Japan.

The new Kairi line was scrapped from the original English and final mix versions before they recorded it, which is why it's not Hayden. It was from the endgame cinematic when Kairi is back on Destiny Islands. Only the Japanese version had it.

I'm most interested in hearing about the graphical upgrades. Nothing else really concerns me.