Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

Film Ghost in the Shell (2017) - Official Trailer

Surprisingly enough, the Japanese are completely cool with Scarlett Johansen playing the lead role. So if they don't mind, it's fair to say that we can't solely nitpick on this movie for "whitewashing".

Surprisingly enough, the Japanese are completely cool with Scarlett Johansen playing the lead role. So if they don't mind, it's fair to say that we can't solely nitpick on this movie for "whitewashing".

I mean, we still can, but no one can use the "it's offensive to Japanese people" argument. But there are other arguments regarding whitewashing.

I mean, we still can, but no one can use the "it's offensive to Japanese people" argument. But there are other arguments regarding whitewashing.

There's no denying that. There's plenty of Asian/Asian American female actors that could take the lead role. I suppose Scarlett was chosen because she's an experienced cyborg. She does a fantastic job in voicing the A.I. in her.

It's not like Japan or China don't "Asianwash."  En masse.  Look no further than Attack on Titan or Fullmetal Alchemist.  And those, right out the gate, you can smell the bullshit off of them.  This?  Not so much!

Trailer looks solid.  I only have two complaints:

1- Aramaki shooting a guy.  Aramaki doesn't go out into the field.  He's a bureaucrat, and the best damn one there is.  He needs to stick to his thing.

2-Batou's eyes are really tiny.  It's a little jarring.

For someone who knows a bit of the original source material this trailer is kinda confusing to me. I mean why are the holograms as big as the city? why those stupid eyes? is this movie R?

The music was horrible I can't concetrate but I'm interested in the movie but I will only see it if it's keeps close to the source material.