Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Phoenix Wright Discussion

There is a particular scene in the game that is darker and a bit more gory than what was in the previous games.

BTW, if you ever have another question like this, it also helps to check out the rating on the official ESRB website. I believe they give a descriptive reason why they gave such a rating. Without spoilers of course.

Does the phoenix wright series have a timeline?

if so then show it without spoiling me. Just put the names of the games in chronological order.  

I'm not looking it up because I don't trust the internet and I could be spoiled

With certain exceptions of some cases, almost every case in the games are in chronological order. If you do get a case that doesn't come after the previous case, it won't take much to figure out where on the timeline it lies. The series itself are in chronological order. So basically:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Justice for All

Trials and Tribulations

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Duel Destinies

Spirit of Justice

With certain exceptions of some cases, almost every case in the games are in chronological order. If you do get a case that doesn't come after the previous case, it won't take much to figure out where on the timeline it lies. The series itself are in chronological order. So basically:

Justice for All

Trials and Tribulations

Duel Destinies

Spirit of Justice

We can go a little further than that with the spinoffs!  Now don't worry: you don't need to play the spinoffs to understand the main series.  I'm just providing this list in case you're interested in playing them in the future.

Sadly, many of the spinoffs haven't been released over here to begin with.

Spinoff: Dai Gyakuten Saiban (Japan-only)

Spinoff: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Unreleased, probably going to be Japan-only)

Justice for All

Trials and Tribulations

Spinoff: Ace Attorney Investigations

Spinoff: Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (Japan-only, but has a fan-patch)

Duel Destinies

Spirit of Justice

Another spinoff, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, isn't part of the canon timeline, but I'd play it at least after playing Trials and Tribulations, if not later, since it makes a lot of references to the first three games.

Edited by Blackdrazon

hey guys, did you know that spirit of justice got a 8:00 anime? 

I find this really interesting. 

also, is the phoenix wright X professor layton game more of a phoenix wright game, or more of a professor layton game? 

Edited by Zeldablade7

hey guys, did you know that spirit of justice got a 8:00 anime? 

I find this really interesting. 

also, is the phoenix wright X professor layton game more of a phoenix wright game, or more of a professor layton game? 

That's a prologue. Nothing too special, but it does give us a bit of an insight to why Wright went to Ku'rain and a few other things.

Here's the English version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gsGg-MPX0

As for Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, it's a bit of both. It has the puzzle solving of the Layton series along with the court battle elements of the Ace Attorney series.

That's a prologue. Nothing too special, but it does give us a bit of an insight to why Wright went to Ku'rain and a few other things.

Here's the English version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gsGg-MPX0

As for Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, it's a bit of both. It has the puzzle solving of the Layton series along with the court battle elements of the Ace Attorney series.

guess I'll consider buying it then. 

Did you guys know that the writer of the phoenix wright trilogy games made a phoenix wright game that's exclusive to Japan? It released before spirit of justice released. When do you guys think the game will get localized? 

Here's a Did you know gaming for ace attorney!

Edited by Zeldablade7