Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

What did you take away from the Beauty & the Beast trailer?

What did you take away from the Beauty & the Beast trailer?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What did you take away from the Beauty & the Beast trailer?

• Emma Watson, woo!
    • Love how the characters look!
    • The nostalgic music~
    • The castle looks great.
    • It looks weird..
    • No singing teased?
    • That's one pretty Beast.
    • I like that atmosphere.
    • This is gonna be bad, isn't it?
    • Something else? Share below!

I loved absolutely everything I saw in the trailer.  The only thing that I might have had second thoughts on when I first saw the trailer were the enchanted objects, specifically Lumiere, but after watching the trailer a second time, I loved them too.

Really, if there was anything that I don't understand, it is the fact that people keep complaining about how the Beast looks.  The two complaints about him that I have heard the most are that the CGI for him looks bad and that he looks too much like a goat-man.  In my opinion, I don't think the CGI looks bad at all, and I don't think it matters what the Beast looks like as long as he looks like a monstrous animal.  Maybe it is also because I am usually a little more open to different interpretations of characters and stories that I don't care about the way Beast looks all that much.  The good thing is that the appearance of characters seem to be the only things that people have been complaining about so far (that I could find), which means everything else must look good to them.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

That's because they used motion capture.

Right, but I'm just saying that he looks less intimidating than he does in the animated one. I don't HATE the design, just feel like he should've looked similar to the animated one.

I loved absolutely everything I saw in the trailer.  The only thing that I might have had second thoughts on when I first saw the trailer were the enchanted objects, specifically Lumiere, but after watching the trailer a second time, I loved them too.

Really, if there was anything that I don't understand, it is the fact that people keep complaining about how the Beast looks.  The two complaints about him that I have heard the most that the CGI for him looks bad and that he looks too much like a goat-man.  In my opinion, I don't think the CGI looks bad at all, and I don't think it matters what the Beast looks like as long as he looks like a monstrous animal.  Maybe it is also because I am usually a little more open to different interpretations of characters and stories that I don't care about the way Beast looks all that much.  The good thing is that the appearance of characters seem to be the only things that people have been complaining about so far (that I could find), which means everything else must look good to them.

I do like everything about the trailer, and I'm fine with the Beast's new design. Just thought he looked slightly less intimidating.

I'm really looking forward to it! It does looks like it's gonna be a shot for shot remake of the animated film for the most part which may be good or bad depending on your point of view. But on the plus side, it looks like it might fix what few problems the animated movie had. (Specifically how the Beast would have been 11 given the fact that the curse would last until he's 21 and they've been cursed for 10 years.)

The music sounds amazing, the new orchestration for the prolouge music especially. From what I understand there will be musical numbers from the original, mixed with new stuff.

The only nit-picks I have right now, the servants don't look as appealing as the original, and (at least to me) Lumiere's accent sounds even more fake than the original's.

Overall, can't wait for March!

beauty-beast-2017-movie-images.jpg

I'm usually not one for romance of any kind, since I specialize in destroying universes, but I will admit that seeing these two in a realistic dimension will be appealing to this eye of mine!

Transcendent though, he's going nuts for how dark, mysterious and magical the film seems to be! That, and the Beast looks amazing, and Ms. Watson looks divine! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

beauty-beast-2017-movie-images.jpg

I'm usually not one for romance of any kind, since I specialize in destroying universes, but I will admit that seeing these two in a realistic dimension will be appealing to this eye of mine!

Transcendent though, he's going nuts for how dark, mysterious and magical the film seems to be! That, and the Beast looks amazing, and Ms. Watson looks divine! :3

OMG, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I'M SMILING AT YOUR COMMENT RIGHT NOW! *O*

The beast's design was probably the thing I was most iffy on, but this sells it a lot better. I'm also still convinced that Cogsworth and Lumiere should have the other's voice actor, but anyway.

I got to say, the character designs, they look a bit odd compared to the animated classic, but honestly, seeing the scenes recreated in the trailer, hearing that music, and just the overall presentation feels really good. As soon as I get used to the character designs, this movie is going to be a masterpiece! The original version was already so good, so it will be interesting to see how things are expanded here.