Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue available for pre-order on PlayStation Store US for $59.99 with a pre-order bonus PSN theme

Update: As of March 21, 2017, the PlayStation Store is offering a discounted price for the digital version of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. The price is now $41.99, 30% off the original price of $59.99.

The original article follows.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is now available for pre-order on PlayStation Store US for $59.99, with a file size of 28.7 GB. The game comes with a pre-order bonus of an exclusive PSN theme, which is the same theme that comes with pre-ordering the game from the PlayStation Store Japan. The game will be available on January 24, 2017, at midnight Pacific time.

The PSN icon for the game can be seen below. (You may notice an editing error where Riku's arm can be seen behind Sora's left arm.)

Posted Image

A picture of the pre-order bonus PS4 theme can be seen below.

Posted Image

The description reads as follows:

DIGITAL PRE-ORDER DETAILS:

Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:

- KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Pre-Order Theme

The KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE digital edition includes an exclusive PSN℠ theme.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is a compilation of 3 magical KINGDOM HEARTS experiences featuring:

KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD

KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD is a full-HD remastered version of KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream Drop Distance, brought to PlayStation® for the first time. Sora and Riku take on the Mark of Mastery exam in preparation for their coming showdown with Master Xehanort.

KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)

A new HD movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers, connecting the earliest parts of the series’ history, showcased in the mobile title KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ.

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –

A completely new playable episode played from the perspective of Aqua from KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep that links to the story of KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Play on 01-24-2017, Midnight Pacific Time.

CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.

The KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE digital edition features 3 magical experiences:

KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD: A full-HD remaster. Sora and Riku take on the Mark of Mastery exam in preparation for their coming showdown with Master Xehanort.

KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie): A new HD movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers from the series’ origins

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A fragmentary passage – : A brand new episode that links to KINGDOM HEARTS III.

1 player

DUALSHOCK®4

Software subject to license (us.playstation.com/softwarelicense). Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service and applicable privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service & playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy). One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account.

© Disney.

Developed by SQUARE ENIX.

SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. Unreal, Unreal Engine, the circle-U logo and the Powered by Unreal Engine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States and elsewhere. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2008 Scaleform Corporation. All rights reserved. Uses Simplygon®, Copyright©-2016 Donya ® Labs AB. Uses IKinema® RunTime-Indie. IKinema® is a trademark or registered trademark of IKinema Limited in the European Union, the United States of America and elsewhere. IKinema® RunTime-Indie, Copyright 2016, IKinema Limited. All rights reserved. The ratings icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.

This news comes only a day after the game was made available for pre-order in the PlayStation Store Japan.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will be the first game in the Kingdom Hearts series to be fully available digitally.

Will you be pre-ordering Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue? If so, will you pre-order a digital copy or a physical copy? Let us know below!

Click here to view the article

I'm pre-ordering the physical one because I love the case even though I would love play the game right away at 11 my time but I want the case, it just sucks I'm gonna have to wait until 10 for Gamestop to open to get it because they won't do a midnight release I'm sure. But it is cool that they are releasing it digitally in other places besides Japan and again I just hope that isn't the picture we get when we select the game on the PS Home screen, nothing bad with it but would have like it to have a little more flair

Plus I don't think that theme along justifies a digital buy, also you don't get that sweet pin if you buy the digital version

Edited by TheKingdomkid

I already payed in full and have the game pre-ordered physically at my local GameStop. But hey, I may just have to buy this game two times to get that exclusive theme. I don't know if I will do that though, as that would waste money that I could use to buy 1.5 + 2.5 (PS4)

Note that if you do get 2.8 through digital download, you will have to wait until 12:00 AM Pacific Time for it to be ready to play. (Of course it will take time to download.) Also, you will have to make sure you have enough space for 30GB of data. (Bad Internet connection could make you wait for a while)

I'm going to order the physical copy. Now, I'm waiting for a Collector's Edition to be announced before ordering (plus I'm low on funds and hopefully will get some Christmas money to order it).

Physical. I want to put it with the rest. I have all of them stacked neatly on a bookshelf. Pre-ordered from Amazon and paid extra from two-day shipping. Sure I might have to wait for about a day or so, but I can deal. Though I do wish they had had 1 day shipping option for the game. 

I wish the theme would come with the Limited Edition physical copy, but what would be the point of grabbing it digitally other than playing it as soon as it comes out?

It all just depends on who wants the pin or who wants the theme, I guess. :P
For me, i'll be getting a physical copy. But like Leamax, i'm going to wait and see if a Collector's Edition is announced.

You can get both - you can get the theme right now by pre-ordering. you can cancel the digital pre-orde after you download the theme.

Thank you for the info! 0/* Excuse me, then, while I go grab that theme. 

Edit: Aw, wait. :( They don't actually do refunds or cancellations though. (Thanks to BlankShell's reply.)

"Cancellations and refunds are not available except where required by law." I totally forgot.

Edited by - Existic -

You can get both - you can get the theme right now by pre-ordering. you can cancel the digital pre-orde after you download the theme.

only digital, but you can get the physical AND the theme - just read what i wrote above :)

Thank you for the info! 0/* Excuse me, then, while I go grab that theme. 

Uh, PlayStation doesn't usually allow refunds on digital pre-orders, unless they've changed their policy recently that I didn't see... it's right there in the quoted description that they don't.

(Plus, it's kind of a shitty way to game the system even if it were true)

Edited by BlankShell

only digital, but you can get the physical AND the theme - just read what i wrote above :)

Ok. When it comes on EU PSN I will see if I will do it. If we can download the theme after the game comes out I will surely buy a physical copy.

Guys, you can see an outline of Riku's arm at around Sora's right elbow. That obvious oversight means that I am definitely sticking with physical.

Uh, PlayStation doesn't usually allow refunds on digital pre-orders, unless they've changed their policy recently that I didn't see... it's right there in the quoted description that they don't.

(Plus, it's kind of a shitty way to game the system even if it were true)

Ok. When it comes on EU PSN I will see if I will do it. If we can download the theme after the game comes out I will surely buy a physical copy.

Yes Blankshell is right, I'm very sorry for providing the wrong information! The description itself says no cancellations or refunds. I will delete my comment.

@Dimitris- the cancellations and refund policy may be different from the EU PSN, but I can't say for sure.

hi, i just pre-ordered the game, and didn't get to download the theme, i can't find anything to help me get to download the theme. have anyone had the same problem or know someone who can help me? any help or info is appreciated 

Yes Blankshell is right, I'm very sorry for providing the wrong information! The description itself says no cancellations or refunds. I will delete my comment.

@Dimitris- the cancellations and refund policy may be different from the EU PSN, but I can't say for sure.

Nope it's not.

God just 30 days and the wait is over.