Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Joy Liberatore

How excited are you for Cars 3?

81 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you for Cars 3?

• Extremely excited! Is it 2017 yet???
    • Pretty excited. It looks like it'll be cool!
    • Eh, it looks okay. Better than I thought.
    • Not excited. I'll just wait until it's on DVD and Netflix.
    • Absolutely not. I'm not a fan of Cars.
    • Got another answer? Tell us in the comments!

Never been a huge fan of the Cars franchise, but whoa. Looks like it'll be taking a much more serious route than I thought. Should be interesting! I wonder if the story will be a "recovery" story about McQueen getting over his injuries... Might open up some interesting topics of discussion for animated films!

I was surprised when I watched this teaser trailer on YouTube, because, after reading the comments, it seemed like a majority of people were actually looking forward to the movie after seeing this teaser.  A lot of them even pointed out how they weren't interested in this movie until they saw this teaser.  I was just surprised, because I was expecting to see pretty much nothing but hate in the comments.  Maybe this movie will end up doing better than everyone thought.

You know it! Ever the devil's advocate, I've always had a fondness for the Cars franchise, same as I do with any Pixar movie. In fact, to be honest, I've never quite understood why people hate Cars so much in the first place. Whenever I ask, they usually just say "it's stupid" and that's it, as if that were some sort of compelling argument or something. I mean what was there to be so triggered about? I'll admit, Cars 2 wasn't that good of a movie, mostly since a lot of the plot is just picking on poor Matter's simplicity, but the first movie still felt like what I expected and wanted to see out of a Pixar movie, right from the get-go. I will say though, this teaser definitely took me by surprise. Like, whoa, I wonder where they could be going with this change in tone. However, as excited as some non-fans might be of it's seeming shift in tone compared to the first two movies, I still hope that it doesn't steer too far from the tone of the first movie. Yeah give us some high stakes investment like in Toy Story 3 (I guess that's just going to be the nature of Pixar's 3's now), but don't loose sight of the spirit that started it all. If anything, add too it, give it more layers, more significance, if Lightning has to rediscover something, show it in a new yet familiar way, if changes have to happen, show how it impacts those characters, give weight so that the humor feels welcome. I'm certain they'll do a good job with this movie, just as they did with the first one. I'm not expecting something like Inside Out or Finding Nemo here, I'm just hoping for the best of what made Cars enjoyable for me and others who appreciated it and for it to be made even better.

It's not that I wouldn't see it or anything but Toy Story 4 was coming next year and now it's coming 2019...I mean it makes sense and all but replacing it with Cars? I'm not quite so sure though judging by the short teaser that we got I'm guessing Lightning will get hurt and play the Doc Hudson role of the movie. Some others say it's going the "dark" route which I would be shocked but would be interesting since the people who grew up with Cars originally are older now

Meh, I don't really care.  The first movie was okay; nothing to brag about.  I never saw the second one, but I heard that it was awful.  At this point, I think Pixar just wants to milk all the money off the toys that will surely come from the movie.

Incredibles 2 is all I'm looking forward to next when it comes to Pixar. Not too keen the Nemo series, but Finding Dory was pretty good. I never got into the Cars movies and never will, no offense to those close to the series.

The first Cars movie was really meh for me and I'm surprised it got a sequel in the first place.A sequel that's way worse mind you.

So yeah,not excited in the slightest.Cars now is like Disney's own Ice Age.........they just won't let it die

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

or Disney's Shrek

Shrek nowadays lives in memes and his franchise kinda died(unless I'm out of touch and there is a new Shrek movie in the works).......Ice Age on the Other hand is a series that should've never gone beyond the second movie yet the sixth movie just came out this year

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

The first Cars movie was really meh for me and I'm surprised it got a sequel in the first place.A sequel that's way worse mind you.

So yeah,not excited in the slightest.Cars now is like Disney's own Ice Age.........they just won't let it die

or Disney's Shrek

Or Disney's FFXIII... I'm sorry; I just had to! Even though its a game, but still