Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Final Fantasy XV-Official Thread.

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been enjoying Final Fantasy XV?

• YES! IT'S AMAZING!
    • I like it, but I am not crazy about it.
    • It's okay. Nothing great nor bad about it.
    • Nope. I don't like it one bit.
    • I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon.
    • I won't be getting Final Fantasy XV.
    • Another option? State below.

I appreciate the concern about me for the spoilers :D

Though if only me, Myth and Wakeless are online, feel free to message me. I know that Myth is much more excited for this game than I do.

For the game itself- storywise, Ardyn looks pretty cool. I love villains who joke around. Though I do hope there are lot of references-it will make it feel more lke an FF for me.

Gameplay wise, I played the judgement demo,and it was fun, though I had no idea what I was doing. I really hope there will be a magic variety.

From seeing the Versus trailer at 7 years old, to having the game come out tomorrow at 16 years and 11 months old. Wow.  

CdtOWw5.png

Here are the review scores so far. It's doing great! Not as good as FF13 did critically which I will leave after this, but the only opinion that matters is your own at the end of the day.

FF13

1UP.com A-

CVG 9.2/10

Edge 5/10

Eurogamer 8/10

Famitsu 39/40

Game Informer 9.25/10

GameSpot 8.5/10

GameSpy 4.5/5 

IGN 8.9/10

OPM (UK) 9/10

Play 7.9/10

The review itself matters much more than the score, anyway.

Though if only me, Myth and Wakeless are online, feel free to message me. I know that Myth is much more excited for this game than I do.

For the game itself- storywise, Ardyn looks pretty cool. I love villains who joke around. Though I do hope there are lot of references-it will make it feel more lke an FF for me.

Gameplay wise, I played the judgement demo,and it was fun, though I had no idea what I was doing. I really hope there will be a magic variety.

The review itself matters much more than the score, anyway.

You finally showed up cookie man! xD.  And yeah agreed.

Same with me actually. I'm playing the game and I'm pumped for it, I'd like to avoid spoilers where I can, but if I run into any it's not a big deal, so yeah feel free to contact me if need be too. :) 

The delay was implemented to put the day 1 one patch that the game had on September 30th into the original game.

Over half the world has no internet, 4.2 billion people. The people who don't have internet can miss out on multiplayer since that is completely unnecessary for the full experience whilst the patch was needed to fix issues. In addition, I don't think the timing of the movie and anime went to waste that much since the hype is more alive than ever, not to mention Brotherhood is getting 1 more episode (either today or tomorrow) and they released a new demo on the 11th. 

Overall I think the delay was a very good idea, the frame rate is far more stable than earlier builds according to most people. If they can make a game as good looking as that run at a stable 30fps on an Xbox One for 90% of the time, then that's impressive.

I do see where you are coming from, but 2 months wasn't that bad and it all worked out in the end.

Same here, looking at those scores for FF13 I was shocked, I expected more 4's 5's and 6's since most people hated the game. 

Expanding on the soda/elixir thing. Showing proof of purchasing the game at a Target store, you will receive 1 bottle of Wiz's Energising Elixir. It's orange and cream soda.

During the last livestream before the game they showed off the Mystery Disc demo which is basically one giant party in Altissia-skip to 2 hours 50 minutes-Noctis is beating fat Prompto with a hammer........ What happened to serious Sasuke Noctis who wanted to kill everyone xD xD xD

At about 2 hours 57 you can see all the fanart done by fans, inside the real game which just blows my mind. They really do care about the fans xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUW4nBmI3rk

I mean the 2 month delay for a day one patch was kind of harsh, usually those things can take hours to download but not days, at max I could see it taking a month to put the patch in the game but not two. If they had already had a day one patch planed then should that have been put into the development schedule before they had a release date? plus if internet was a concern then why make DLC at all and just keep the game as is. It just seems like the reason they gave was a bit unbelievable given the time frame they needed, still the delay wasn't as bad as other games but the reason made it a bit meh. I hope this game doesn't get "another patch" because that would really leave a sour taste in people's mouth. 

I cannot wait to play this!  I've been so psyched after waiting for this game for aeons and being such an avid fan of the series.  Unfortunately I won't be playing Final Fantasy XV upon release because I still need to get myself a PS4, but I look forward to hearing how everyone else is enjoying it and hope it lives up to everyone's expectations!

Maybe I'll luck out and get this for Christmas?

I wanted to add that you can also message me.  I won't be playing the game for quite a while, so chances are I'll forget whatever I'm spoiled with by the time I finally get to playing the game. :P

I cannot wait to play this!  I've been so psyched after waiting for this game for aeons and being such an avid fan of the series.  Unfortunately I won't be playing Final Fantasy XV upon release because I still need to get myself a PS4, but I look forward to hearing how everyone else is enjoying it and hope it lives up to everyone's expectations!

Maybe I'll luck out and get this for Christmas?

I wanted to add that you can also message me.  I won't be playing the game for quite a while, so chances are I'll forget whatever I'm spoiled with by the time I finally get to playing the game. :P

I liked your old avatar better!I associated it with your profile.

Just got back home from GameStop and now I am installing the update file. Boy oh boy am I am excited to finally play this game after 10 years of waiting.

Edited by Tails

I do like Tabata as a director though. His games might have some flaws(type-0's free time system and CC's quests repeat themselves with random encounters) but he does care about the fans.

Just got back home from GameStop and now I am installing the update file. Boy oh boy am I am excited to finally play this game after 20 years of waiting.

Just got back home from GameStop and now I am installing the update file. Boy oh boy am I am excited to finally play this game after 20 years of waiting.

Did you time travel for 10 years or something?

I do like Tabata as a director though. His games might have some flaws(type-0's free time system and CC's quests repeat themselves with random encounters) but he does care about the fans.

Did you time travel for 10 years or something?

Oops, sorry that was a mis-type. I meant to say 10 years xD. I edited the post.

I won't get FF XV . I am not really following the series .

That's cool man xD. You should really try it out though and this game was made for people who never played the series before. But all aboard the KH3 hype train in 2017! xDD

ANYHOW

THis game is amaaazing, I don't think I've had so much fun in YEARS. I'm on chapter 2. Favourite weapons are the daggers.

I just beat Arachne in the royal tomb

I got my FFXV today and I just took the plastic wrap off an hour or so ago and found that the case was cracked at both of the bottom corners. :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  I'm going to see if I can get a replacement case tomorrow. I know it's just a case (and the game disc isn't damaged at all), but it's the fact that I literally just got it today.

I got my FFXV today and I just took the plastic wrap off an hour or so ago and found that the case was cracked at both of the bottom corners. :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  I'm going to see if I can get a replacement case tomorrow. I know it's just a case (and the game disc isn't damaged at all), but it's the fact that I literally just got it today.

Damn that sucks, you can complain to amazon or whoever sent you the package-you may get a free upgrade or something. Fortunately the disc is okay :)

I got the Limited Edition FFXV PS4!

The actual PS4? That's sick!

Anyhow, I'm on chapter 2, just did a hunting quest and ate some fries 

About to attack the nibelheim base with Cor

Damn that sucks, you can complain to amazon or whoever sent you the package-you may get a free upgrade or something. Fortunately the disc is okay :)

I preordered it and picked it up from the Gamestop store. Yeah it's good that the disc is undamaged, but I'm still a little ticked off about the case.

Edited by Keyblade101

The content never stops! Want to know what Noctis, Ignis, Gladio and Prompto were doing during Kingsglaive? Now you can read a light novel about it, it's roughly 48 pages and it's mainly just brief dialogue, nothing heavy. Yes it is canon and not fan made.

http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/ff15/main_site/public/novella/FFXV_Novel_ENG.pdf

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/11/final-fantasy-xv-prologue-novel-parting-ways-released/

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

I really wish this was in the game, have a bunch of cutscenes leading up to the start. Im fine with how the final game is but I defiantly would of preferred this or at least show something of Noctis when he was leaving the city

I really wish this was in the game, have a bunch of cutscenes leading up to the start. Im fine with how the final game is but I defiantly would of preferred this or at least show something of Noctis when he was leaving the city

the intro sequence showed noct leaving and saying goodbye to Regis.

Just caught my first fish! 

End of chapter 2

Just beat Loqi! I'm surprised I could take him down since he was lv 22, but I had Cor with me.

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen