Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Final Fantasy XV-Official Thread.

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been enjoying Final Fantasy XV?

• YES! IT'S AMAZING!
    • I like it, but I am not crazy about it.
    • It's okay. Nothing great nor bad about it.
    • Nope. I don't like it one bit.
    • I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon.
    • I won't be getting Final Fantasy XV.
    • Another option? State below.

Please keep all Final Fantasy 15 content to this thread in order to follow the spoiler policy implemented by the mods. 

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/102162-ffxv-spoiler-policy-discussion/

Spoiler Policy will last from now (November 26th) until January 31st/February the 1st.

This thread shall contain all news for the game, reviews, thoughts and general questions. You can also get hyped and excited for it with the rest of us who have to wait until Tuesday!  

Feel free to have a general chat about what you're doing whilst waiting, what edition you got and how excited you are xD.

When discussing the game and what you think from what you have played-state where you are at roughly without giving too much away or state the chapter you are on, then put your thoughts in a spoiler tag. This assures that the spoiler policy is being followed.

Don't know how to use a spoiler tag? Do this but remove the spaces between the brackets and the 'spoiler' and '/spoiler' parts.

[ spoiler] Spoiler [ /spoiler]

Make sure you've closed your spoiler tag properly, you wouldn't want to post about the ending of the game and have everyone see it now would you :D?

Spoiler

Anyhow, going to marathon Brotherhood and watch Kingsglaive tonight! My country hasn't broken the street date but my amazon order says 'It's on it's way' which is a good sign. If I'm lucky it might come tomorrow but I doubt it xDD

Places to avoid

Youtube comment sections-I'd play it safe and avoid ALL of them. When Star Wars 7 came out, you'd click on a video about any old thing and then view the comments-BAM someone posts spoilers. It's best to avoid all of them.

Delete your YT watch history and then pause it, Youtube will stop recommending you videos so you'll only see videos from people you've subbed too. Been doing it for a week now and I haven't seen a single spoiler.

Twitter-twitter is arguably the worst place to see spoilers because your followers may retweet some or respond to some etc. Stay off that network and same for Facebook.

Gamefaqs-Spoiler beehive. No go zone since someone already posted the ending on there like 1 week ago.

The FF reddit has really good spoiler policies so you can visit that if you like.

What should I do if someone posts a spoiler without using a tag?

Contact a mod, as far as I know-MythrilMagician, Shun and Wakeless are actually going to play the game so try and message a mod who has no interest in it (I think Felixx and Lea are probably your best bet there). It would be unfair on the those mods who are going to play it if they have to see the spoilers. The report button is also your best friend.

So...can we discuss the game's story here or is that too spoilery...even with a spoiler tag?

So...can we discuss the game's story here or is that too spoilery...even with a spoiler tag?

You can discuss anything about the game so long as you use spoiler tabs so as not to reveal too much about the game to others. State which chapter you are on before your spoiler tabs so everyone knows what content you will be discussing so they can choose to avoid it or not.

You can discuss anything about the game so long as you use spoiler tabs so as not to reveal too much about the game to others. State which chapter you are on before your spoiler tabs so everyone knows what content you will be discussing so they can choose to avoid it or not.

I'm not on any chapter tho...I haven't played the game yet...I'm guilty, I spoiled myself :) I just wanna discuss the story in general

I've gouged out my eyes for fear of spoilers. I'm not reading any responses, I just wanted to drop by to show you guys the appreciation I have for this music!

Shimomura is a goddamn genius

My favorites so far:

Clouded Sun's FFXV hype will never die.

Edited by Clouded Sun

You can discuss the story but do not spoil anything without using a spoiler tag, state what you want to talk about for example

"I want to talk about Luna"

and then spoiler tag what you want to say if what you want to say contains spoilers. A spoiler is anything you didn't know before playing the actual game (this includes things that were spoiled for you by others).

Final Fantasy XV Director Says They're Preparing Square-Enix CEO Cameo Fight For DLC:

On the eve of Final Fantasy XV’s release we got to see a hilarious cameo of Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda as a boss fight that was exclusive for the “Mystery Disc” made for event. It looks like fans will get what they hoped for, as director Hajime Tabata said during a live stream that they’re preparing to make it available via DLC.

During the stream that took place on the night before the release of Final Fantasy XV, we got to see Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda bust out with flips, shoot laser beams, and more in a hilarious cameo fight with Noctis.

They jokingly asked viewers if they’d purchase the fight for 500 yen, but it looks like it’ll become a reality now, as director Hajime Tabata revealed in a Famitsu live stream today that they’re preparing to release the fight as a download.

When asked if Matsuda-san might get upset about it, Tabata responded by saying Matsuda looked pretty happy and was a good sport about it, so there shouldn’t be any issues there.

Additionally, Tabata also talked about the free “Holiday Pack” DLC, which is expected to have some kind of New Game+ added to it, along with a function that will let you restrict the level cap, and more.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/01/final-fantasy-xv-director-says-theyre-preparing-square-enix-ceo-cameo-fight-dlc/

TEST

making sure tag works before actually writing it

MAJOR FINAL BOSS ENDING SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK IF WANTING TO AVIOD I WARNED YOU STAY AWAY IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED LIKE A SPOILER.

DONT CLICK FOR MAJOR SPOILER

Sorry for the big text now

If you've watched kingsgalve and all the trailers

Then you will know that Arydn Izuina is the final boss and main villain.in a sense Arydn actually did win he got exactly what he wanted in the end, the Lusic blood line is gone and the whole thing is over and he can at last rest as Noctis killed in in the after life  

SPOILERS UP THERE IN THAT TAG WARNING YA KNOW PEOPLE

SPOILERS UP THERE IN THAT TAG, DONT CLICK IF NOT WANTING TO BE SPOILED

Edited by Joker

Final Fantasy XV Director Says They're Preparing Square-Enix CEO Cameo Fight For DLC:

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/01/final-fantasy-xv-director-says-theyre-preparing-square-enix-ceo-cameo-fight-dlc/

Hmmm... I wish they added the targeting that was in the Progress Reports to firearms. That was really important.

The game has topped 5 million shipments worldwide!!!!

Oh and the holiday pack DLC will include a new game plus feature, level caps and a Christmas theme for one of the towns

Yes! It's  a success! And Week 1 isn't over - let's hope for 6 or 7 million!

The games quite nice and theres one thing id love to talk about in Chapter 13

SPOLIERS DOWN HERE

im really worried how people will handle it, mostly you Barry you proalby wont read this since spoilers but ill redirect it to you once you get to this part. I love everything ive read about In the game but this, this worries me for those like you who love the game so much right now 

SPOILERS UP HERE

Edited by Joker

MAJOR SPOILER DONT CLICK BARRY OR ELSE YOU WILL BE SPOILED

So then Ayrdn, who else was a bit disappointed that he didn't have a monster like form and it was just a 1v1 fight I mean I love it and the new version of Somnus named Somus Ultima playing the background is amazing I would of liked a monster of Daemon form but im glad with what we got.  

Edited by Joker

I need help with Costlemark Tower.

I really need help with this place. I've been tryign fo rhours and I just can;t get to the boss room. i looked up some walktrhoughs but they weren't very clear, so it'd be really siper helpful if you guys could help me out.

I know theres a certain fath you have to take to open the boss room, but I'm havign trouple figuring it out. It's really help if you used a format that used compass directions since I have to rely on the mini map, and how many times in a row I have to down or up, starting with which corner I need to activate

For example,

Nort West

Down, Down,

East

Up

South

Down, Down

North

Up

West

etc.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help be solve this nightmare.

Edited by Shun Cookiesaki

So I am 8 hours into FF15 and I still don't know how Noctis uses magic or how do the characters know each other? why are the other characters important enough to be send with you? Can somebody explain me like what does the Empire want?

So I am 8 hours into FF15 and I still don't know how Noctis uses magic or how do the characters know each other? why are the other characters important enough to be send with you? Can somebody explain me like what does the Empire want?

Magic is used by gathering it from certain hotspots and then crafting the magic flasks. Noctis can do this because he has royal blood in him since he is the heir to the throne of Lucis (this is basic knowledge, not spoiler territory), but anyone can throw the flasks. 

To answer the question of 'How do the characters know each other?' watch Brotherhood Final Fantasy 15 on the Final Fantasy XV youtube channel. There are 5 episodes explaining these relationships, the first 3 are 12 minutes whilst episode 4 is 17 minutes and the last episode is 12 minutes long also.

That should also answer your third question. 

Your fourth question can be answered by me telling you or you watching Kingsglaive Final Fantasy 15. If you don't want to watch it, then I'll tell you, it's not spoilery of any nature but I'm placing it in the tag in case you want to watch Kingsglaive yourself. This should be basic knowledge already to most fans.

There are 4 main kingdoms in the XV universe: Solheim, Lucis, Tenebrae and Accordo. Each kingdom owned a crystal that gave them magic-allowing them to develop their kingdoms. However-Accordo Solheim and Tenebrae used up all the magic from their crystals and started using more technology. Lucis has the last crystal, so to take the crystal the Nibelheim empire was formed. Watch this video for more, 3:40.

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

Magic is used by gathering it from certain hotspots and then crafting the magic flasks. Noctis can do this because he has royal blood in him since he is the heir to the throne of Lucis (this is basic knowledge, not spoiler territory), but anyone can throw the flasks. 

To answer the question of 'How do the characters know each other?' watch Brotherhood Final Fantasy 15 on the Final Fantasy XV youtube channel. There are 5 episodes explaining these relationships, the first 3 are 12 minutes whilst episode 4 is 17 minutes and the last episode is 12 minutes long also.

That should also answer your third question. 

Your fourth question can be answered by me telling you or you watching Kingsglaive Final Fantasy 15. If you don't want to watch it, then I'll tell you, it's not spoilery of any nature but I'm placing it in the tag in case you want to watch Kingsglaive yourself. This should be basic knowledge already to most fans.

There are 4 main kingdoms in the XV universe: Solheim, Lucis, Tenebrae and Accordo. Each kingdom owned a crystal that gave them magic-allowing them to develop their kingdoms. However-Accordo Solheim and Tenebrae used up all the magic from their crystals and started using more technology. Lucis has the last crystal, so to take the crystal the Nibelheim empire was formed. Watch this video for more, 3:40.

Why in Gods name do I have to watch a show based on a game to know the relationships to begin with? or a movie? why are there hardly any metions of this in the main game itself I have ignored all news for this game which wasn't easy because every game site loved to talk about it.

Why in Gods name do I have to watch a show based on a game to know the relationships to begin with? or a movie? why are there hardly any metions of this in the main game itself I have ignored all news for this game which wasn't easy because every game site loved to talk about it.

Because it's beneficial to the plot rather than cramming in flashbacks. You don't have to watch it. It's a good anime anyway and it's only 70 minutes of your time, maybe even less. Anyhow, you took it upon yourself to ignore all news so it's not Square's fault.

Because it's beneficial to the plot rather than cramming in flashbacks. You don't have to watch it. It's a good anime anyway and it's only 70 minutes of your time, maybe even less. Anyhow, you took it upon yourself to ignore all news so it's not Square's fault.

They could have easily made a little book in the game that you can acces in the menu of the game written by Ignis!

It's there freaking fault to not put the information in the game, some people don't have acces to the videos or interviews and would be left confused through the story. I really have a hard to get invested in the characters because of this and don't want to put the game on pause so I have to go to my computer and look up on the internet and probably get spoiled.