Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Final Fantasy XV-Official Thread.

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been enjoying Final Fantasy XV?

• YES! IT'S AMAZING!
    • I like it, but I am not crazy about it.
    • It's okay. Nothing great nor bad about it.
    • Nope. I don't like it one bit.
    • I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon.
    • I won't be getting Final Fantasy XV.
    • Another option? State below.

They could have easily made a little book in the game that you can acces in the menu of the game written by Ignis!

It's there freaking fault to not put the information in the game, some people don't have acces to the videos or interviews and would be left confused through the story. I really have a hard to get invested in the characters because of this and don't want to put the game on pause so I have to go to my computer and look up on the internet and probably get spoiled.

The anime was announced in March, 9 months ago and the first episode was available then. The remaining episodes gradually released over the span of the months following the Uncovered event. The movie was also announced in March and came out in August. I don't think it's really Square's fault, you've had plenty of time to watch an hour of anime and a 2 hr movie. 

It was unexpected, but Hironobu Sakaguchi has said that XV is bringing the spirit of the franchise back! He also talked about FF7 remake a little bit, it seems he doesn't care much which is to be expected. 

One person who has really found something to like about the game is the original creator of the Final Fantasy series, Hironobu Sakaguchi. The video game legend recently gave an interview with Glixel where he talked about how he felt Final Fantasy 15 really captured the spirit of the franchise he started.

“I have been looking at Final Fantasy XV, and although I’ve never known or worked with Tabata-san, by looking at his production I feel that he has adopted the spirit that I had when I first created the series. I feel that, in the hands of talented people, the original feel of the series is being brought back.”

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/sakaguchi-believes-final-fantasy-15-is-able-to-capture-spirit-of-franchise-final-fantasy-7-remake-is-quite-challenging#67dXBltvc2ShycHR.99

Anyhow, I haven't talked about the game in a while. I'm 15 hours in (early chapter 3) and slowly taking my time to do sidequests and earn gil, get better weapons and just enjoy the combat system. I won't be crossing spoiler territory so don't worry!

In short, this game is just phenomenal and it's everything I wanted it to be and expected it to be. I was experimenting with the combat and phasing through attacks (holding square) is a very strategic manuever that can get you out of a pinch. I love the teamwork attacks and I feel the game is at it's best when the four of you are fighting against one enemy. If you don't bother to phase through attacks and dodge or block you'll die very quickly. Similar to Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2, the enemies stagger/get stunned. However, it's much more deep in this game because it's a PS4 game of course. AI is clever, I tried warp striking behind an Alba so it used it's hind legs to kick me back as I warped towards it. Try attacking an Alba's legs for too long, it'll start stomping and damage you! Keep attacking one enemy for too long and it will retaliate violently. Team techniques aren't so easy to pull off , it's not like you can just select them and watch the animation-with Gladio's attacks they may end up missing depending on how fast the enemy is moving. You've also got to time the button press that follows it (Noctis follow up attack, circle on PS4) well, otherwise you'll do insufficient damage. The combo attacks feel very fast and fluid especially with lighter weapons, which is to be expected.  Warp striking should be used cautiously and with precision, if you enter stasis the flow of combat ceases and you may find it difficult to escape tight spots. Although the game is deep, it's also rewarding-I like the grading system after the battles and having performance/skill level determine your experience points (at least I think so anyway). Battles are thrilling and not an endless grind of the square button, they keep you on your toes but they also feel good. 

I love the dialogue shared between the 4 characters, if the weather changes Prompto will point it out, if we eat toast for breakfast Noctis will say that toast doesn't satisfy his appetite, if Noctis is dirty Prompto will tell him it's bath time, if I come back to the same camp I rested at the night before-my equipment is still there. There are a few hiccups, I was trying to go to my hunt destination and twice in 2 minutes Ignis told me to visit the hunt destination as I drove to it. There are some frame rate drops but usually in very demanding places-I ended up fighting 6 Magitek soldiers+a Magitek armour, 2 arachne and an Iron Giant+tarantulas, it was a nightmare.... 

The camera can become quite daunting, there are too many damn bushes and trees in this game... When you're fighting many enemies at once the camera will follow Noctis around a lot and you may end up with a bush or a tree covering your screen. I feel the Duscae region just happens to be the victim of this since it is a foresty area, hopefully this won't happen again! xDD Also, Prompto and Ignis die a lot and Phoenix Downs are so damn expensive. I feel like the Final Fantasy series has also abandoned the concept of gaining gil after battles since this was also non existent in FF13 which is quite frustrating since I'm dead broke at the moment.

Prompto's pictures are great and a reminder of your journeys throughout Eos! I loved the-( minor minor spoiler)

emotional talk on top of the the motel, it was so damn touching :( 

Anyhow, I love this damn game and it's a 9.5/10 from me already. I'll happily post a full review soon once I finish the story.

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

The anime was announced in March, 9 months ago and the first episode was available then. The remaining episodes gradually released over the span of the months following the Uncovered event. The movie was also announced in March and came out in August. I don't think it's really Square's fault, you've had plenty of time to watch an hour of anime and a 2 hr movie. 

You shouldn't buy or watch the show based on the game. How am I gonna give this game to a friend ''What you don't understand it you should've watched the movie and anime'' seriously that is stupid and you don't get the full expierence. They should've put the anime episodes in the menu of the game when you reached a level or something.

(while typing this the ending has been spoiled by a thumbnail... ugh)

So why does Notices get ''headaches''?

[ spoiler] Spoiler [ /spoiler]

Test

My reaction to getting spoilered over FF15 ending the game I had been wating almost ten years

You shouldn't buy or watch the show based on the game. How am I gonna give this game to a friend ''What you don't understand it you should've watched the movie and anime'' seriously that is stupid and you don't get the full expierence. They should've put the anime episodes in the menu of the game when you reached a level or something.

(while typing this the ending has been spoiled by a thumbnail... ugh)

So why does Notices get ''headaches''?

[ spoiler] Spoiler [ /spoiler]

Test

My reaction to getting spoilered over FF15 ending the game I had been wating almost ten years

The anime is free on their official YouTube channels, and both the anime and movie where made in such a way so as to not spoil anything in the game, you don't have to worry about that. They even put one of the most important and relevent scenes from Kingsglaive in the game itself as early as chapter 3, and Ignis explains what the empire was after.

Guys, I have to say, I've been enjoying the heck out of this game! I've poured 7 hours into it, and the things you can do in this game amount to insane! The exploration, the magic crafting, THE CHANGING OF COSTUMES, customizing your gear and the Regalia, gahhh, so much awesomeness!

And you know, the funny thing is, I'm just trying to get through the story for my first playthrough, but I'm finding myself constantly interrupted by sidequests! They're just too fun to pass up!  And don't even get me started on the combat! It's frackin fast, fluid and responsive, and it's sooo frickin good! It feels so satisfying performing Blindsides with the party members and using their awesome attacks like Tempest, Mark and Piercer! I'm really loving this game so far!

And you know, there's this one particular moment in the game where Noctis and Prompto talk to each other, and well, when I made the choice of listening to what Prompto had to say, I was touched by his story, and I love how his character was shed that light! It makes me look forward to getting to know them more! I find that they all have great chemistry! The story is great so far, and I love camping!!! :3

Yeah, this game's great! xD

I'm about 17 hours in now and decided to continue with the story. Chapter 4 is super short, I think I'm on 5 or 6 now I just defeated

The Titan and now I'm at the Chocobo Ranch. Umbra has just shown up!

Absolutely loving this game. The best game this year. I'm up to Chapter 9 and I am at level 52 with a little over 39hrs of gameplay. Earned half of the currently available trophies.

2/10 too much free time xD

Guys, I have to say, I've been enjoying the heck out of this game! I've poured 7 hours into it, and the things you can do in this game amount to insane! The exploration, the magic crafting, THE CHANGING OF COSTUMES, customizing your gear and the Regalia, gahhh, so much awesomeness!

And you know, the funny thing is, I'm just trying to get through the story for my first playthrough, but I'm finding myself constantly interrupted by sidequests! They're just too fun to pass up!  And don't even get me started on the combat! It's frackin fast, fluid and responsive, and it's sooo frickin good! It feels so satisfying performing Blindsides with the party members and using their awesome attacks like Tempest, Mark and Piercer! I'm really loving this game so far!

And you know, there's this one particular moment in the game where Noctis and Prompto talk to each other, and well, when I made the choice of listening to what Prompto had to say, I was touched by his story, and I love how his character was shed that light! It makes me look forward to getting to know them more! I find that they all have great chemistry! The story is great so far, and I love camping!!! :3

Yeah, this game's great! xD

I keep crashing the regalia! It's expensive so avoid doing that xD

I'm about 17 hours in now and decided to continue with the story. Chapter 4 is super short, I think I'm on 5 or 6 now I just defeated

The Titan and now I'm at the Chocobo Ranch. Umbra has just shown up!

2/10 too much free time xD

Free time cause on holidays xD

First year of uni finished owo

Free time cause on holidays xD

First year of uni finished owo

stop with the owo it's weebish xD

I just defeated (chapter 5 or 6)

aranea. I have a HUGE feeling that Ignis is a traitor.

I'm on chapter 7 now. I love the FF7 easter egg

Lmao, wait, you can crash the Regalia? I haven't had that happen to me yet, since control of the car is pretty automatic, which I appreciate! I'm a bad video game driver, so I drive as little as possible and let Ignis take the wheel most of the time. xD

stop with the owo it's weebish xD

I just defeated (chapter 5 or 6)

aranea. I have a HUGE feeling that Ignis is a traitor.

I'm on chapter 7 now. I love the FF7 easter egg

In regards to what you have in the spoiler, Chap 9 may change your mind, so prepare yourself.

Finished the game

Never has an ending made me feel so empty.

was the ending bad?

FF13 is the highest selling FF game in the UK-with 17000 in it's first week. FF15 is now the second with 115000 to 13000 physical copies. Only 21% of these bought the game on Xbox One,

Fixed the spoiler for you

You mean the part with all the moving blocks? All I did was just interact with every block that I could and then I eventually got out. It's only tricky because of the enemies really.

I tried for hours...

Really? I had very little trouble. Very odd.

Some videos might help out.

There is apparently a specific route you have to take. I guess you just lucked on to it. At points there are multiple blocks you can interact with, but you can only choose one. make the wrong choice and you end up in the Red Giant room where there are more enemies every time. I've heard some people sayign they'd had up to 5 Red Giants, one of those giani snake things and 20 or so Flans

Edited by Isamu Kuno