Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Final Fantasy XV-Official Thread.

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been enjoying Final Fantasy XV?

• YES! IT'S AMAZING!
    • I like it, but I am not crazy about it.
    • It's okay. Nothing great nor bad about it.
    • Nope. I don't like it one bit.
    • I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon.
    • I won't be getting Final Fantasy XV.
    • Another option? State below.

Actually the boss isn't a big deal. You need just to press buttons :).

But still a great battle.

I was referring to the events, not the boss xD

The boss was easy, though I was like lv 60 when I fought it

Also

I beat the Adamantoise.

I was referring to the events, not the boss xD

The boss was easy, though I was like lv 60 when I fought it

Also

I beat the Adamantoise.

That's awesome how long took it you? I'm preparing now for the last chapter.

''First up, their short-term goals include improving chapter 13''

THANK YOU SO MUCH I HATED THAT CHAPTER!

I hope we find out what happened to the other characters to that didn't get mentioned near the end of the game, I hope they flesh out the last chapters and put more into Luna because she was just a plot device that could've been really cool, how about explaining things more in the lore and flesh the ending out a bit more just a few scenes more is enough for me.

Time for a story review! This will contain spoilers for the entire game, so read at your own risk. I'll happily do a combat review also and then merge them both, but I only beat the game at about 30 hrs, I didn't explore the world fully either, so I need more time with the battle system.

Having played FF3, FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8. FF9, FF10, FF12, FF13, 13-2 and now this one, there is a lot to talk about. 

The story is amazing, but it has quite a few flaws. It definitely creates an awesome sense of escalation towards the last 6 chapters, the train scene, Luna's death, the ending scene and the final boss fight (which I will talk about now) were very memorable. However, this game needed another 10-15 hours of story content. Certain chapters could beat beaten in less than an hour. There was a chapter (can't remember which one) that happened in like 20-30 minutes.

These are the locations/chapters that needed extra content

Altissia-at least 1-2 more hours. You can beat the chapter very quickly.

THAT AWFUL CHAPTER 13. I LOATHE IT. The Ravus death reveal was great, Ardyn knocking you down from the tower after climbing up is lovable but the FORAS IS GARBAGE AND SHOULD BE A MEME. FORAS=TRASH. I HATE that damn thing. The stealth section was great, but I disliked the fact you can't even sprint, it felt like a cheap way to increase chapter length. Chapter was way too long and not needed, I just rushed past everything to try and get to Ardyn.

Also, I want more of chapter 15 to explore. In FF6 when Kefka destroys the world I believe you can actually explore the ruined world, FF15 should have had that-not all of it, but you should have been able to at least go out and grind there or see some locations. We should have been able to fight Iedolas Aldercapt or at least see how Ardyn killed him and how the empire crumbled. WE NEEDED to see that, but we didn't and it frankly sucks. They could have done this

Noct Iggy Gladdy and Cor go to rescue Prompto in Nibelheim, and we end up fighting Ravus and actually seeing Iedolas dying by Ardyn's hand, fight some huge magitek armour and then Ardyn does his thing.

What the hell happened to Noct during that 10 yr timeskip? Where's Iris best girl Amicita?

I love the interactions between the characters and I love Noct's development, he's definitely in my top 3 FF protagonists, there really is a sense of brotherhood and unity between the 4, which is arguably the strongest bond between a group in any FF game I've played. I love Gladio (despite that he is kind of an asshole at times), Prompto's quirkiness but reveal as an MT was heartfelt, Ignis grew on me too and blind Ignis gives me feels... I loved the conflict between the main characters, it felt dark and the gameplay went along with that.

Ardyn is hands down the best FF villain. This man kills your wife to be, assists in the death of your dad, THIS MAN LITERALLY HUNG LUNA AND REGIS FROM THE THRONE ROOM and just SMILES. He's insane and a nod to Kefka's insanity mixed with Sephiorth's ruthlessness. I love Ardyn to death. His boss fight is controversial but I honestly LOVED it. It's just what I wanted, there was not one grounded sword fight in the game (from what I played) and Ardyn's fight was exactly what I wanted, a grounded sword fight in the ruins of your homeland. Some may complain that the brothers didn't come, but I don't think they needed to be there. I'm tired of the final boss fight of FF games being the villain turn into an almighty demigod overlord God monster and being so overpowered it barely makes any sense that you can kill them. 

That last scene with Ardyn definitely gives LIFESTREAM vibes from FF7's ending with Cloud and Sephiroth. I loved the Ifrit fight and the cutscenes with Bahamut were hella awesome, definitely my favourite version of him.

Noct's sacrifice gave FFX vibes and was a nod to that. It was delivered very emotionally and reminded me of the first trailer of him sitting on the throne. Something I loved about the writing, it was BALLSY writing which is what I LOVE, Kill off the main character, kill off his wife to be, have the world be shattered and ruined, kill off his dad. This actually added to the sense of escalation, the game gives you a reason to hate Ardyn instead of some pansy crap villain like Seymour or Barthandelus who just do nothing. Ardyn is the best villain we've had since Sephiroth. The twists and turns hit hard, I never saw any of this stuff coming, it wasn't straightforward writing and Nojima took a few chances rather than playing it safe. It just needed more fleshing out. 

As for the last few cutscenes-they were god damn beautiful, visually and story wise. There are some wow moments in this game, but there also some lows.

Overall, the story of FF15 is really solid and intriguing, it has some AWESOME plot twists, great main characters and an phenomenal villain who carries a lot of the story, but it;s too short and needed 5 to 10 more hours to put it up in the top 3 FF stories. Is it top 5 FF stories? Possibly.

For now, the story of FF15 gets an 8.5 /10. It doesn't deserve less than an 8.5 imo and I may bump it up to a 9 if I end up replaying the story in the future. Thanks for reading! :)

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

You know, I couldn't help but think of Luna's previous version, Stella. I find it a bit of a shame they had to scrap Stella and reform her as Luna. Then I realized if they make a XV-2, then why not put Stella in? Make her Luna's long lost sister.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

You know/ I couldn't help but think of Luna's previous version, Stella. I find it a bit of a shame they had to scrap Stella and reform her as Luna. Then I realized if they make a XV-2, then why not put Stella in? Make her Luna's long lost sister.

I disagree with that xD. Would be pretty weird, maybe an easter egg would be cool though.

It would really just feel like appealing to whatever the fans want. Stella is Luna now, it would just feel like they did it to do it. In addition, Stella wouldn't have the same role anymore - making her appear even more slapped on.

X-2 happened, say what you will about the adventure, but it was no less weird that Yuna and Tidus both had twins in another reality. After playing the original, I just scratched my head at it for a bit.

It would really just feel like appealing to whatever the fans want. Stella is Luna now, it would just feel like they did it to do it. In addition, Stella wouldn't have the same role anymore - making her appear even more slapped on.

X-2 happened, say what you will about the adventure, but it was no less weird that Yuna and Tidus both had twins in another reality. After playing the original, I just scratched my head at it for a bit.

Oh okay. I think I understand.

Speaking of Stella, I was thinking about FFXV's original counterpart FFVSXIII. I found this when looking around some.

The voice actor is obviously different here for Noctis. I wondered, what if they kept everything the same from FFVSXIII and made that? What would the story, gameplay, etc, be like?

Oh okay. I think I understand.

Speaking of Stella, I was thinking about FFXV's original counterpart FFVSXIII. I found this when looking around some.

The voice actor is obviously different here for Noctis. I wondered, what if they kept everything the same from FFVSXIII and made that? What would the story, gameplay, etc, be like?

The voicing for this scene was fanmade, that's why it's different. I don't think we saw the actual voices till about January (When English Jump Festa came out.)

I liked Stella, no doubt. I've watched this scene so many times hoping I'd get to see what led up to it. Even with Luna. Even so, I wonder what would've happen if Noct had been in Insomnia.

The voicing for this scene was fanmade, that's why it's different. I don't think we saw the actual voices till about January (When English Jump Festa came out.)

I liked Stella, no doubt. I've watched this scene so many times hoping I'd get to see what led up to it. Even with Luna. Even so, I wonder what would've happen if Noct had been in Insomnia.

Fanmade? Oops, sorry about that. But anyway, is there an actual english version of this cutscene? If so, could you provide a link?

Also, are you sure this is fanmade? It looks like their speech matches their lip motions.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

Yep, it's fanmade. I'm gonna try to find the actual source video (it might've gotten taken down)

The lip sync was intentional. I remember watching this back in 2013. There's no English or Japanese dub of the cutscene. It was always silent (except for snippets in some 2011 trailers I believe)

It was a couple that uploaded the video.

EDIT: Scooping it up on Reddit confirms what I was saying. The second tree of comments says so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/34qea2/final_fantasy_xv_noctis_meets_stella_english_dub/

Edited by Clouded Sun

Hi everyone!

i have been playing FFXV, which i absolutely love so far! But i can not figure out how to use the summon that you obtain through platinum demo, and was wondering if anyone knew when and how you can summon it?

Thanks ;)

If you're talking about Carbuncle, he unfortunately can only be summoned in Easy mode. He typically comes automatically to restore your health when you're running low.

So I got FFXV

Pretty fun overall

My biggest issues with it right now are the camera, the fact driving in the car is a huge part of the playtime(though I expected that, and the FF music help...sadly it is missing some crucial music. Chocobos do help as well) and that the ENG version removed the FF references (like the back attack, which is called blindside for some mysterious reasons) and use American units instead of having the options to switch between them and units that most of the world use(the JPN version use meters).

What did inspire Final Fantasy 15? what movies and games what inspired the story? I get a bit of a star wars feeling from the ''evil'' empire

FF6.

Tabata and Nomura looked to the past to help discover what the core concept of Final Fantasy was and to figure out what a modern Final Fantasy game should be. “Looking back through all the old games, VI was the one that really grabbed me and made me think ‘wow’.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/the-secret-history-of-final-fantasy-15-revealed-as-director-hajime-tabata-bares-all

The magitek technology used in XV was present in FF6, this is also more apparent once you realise (spoilers to do with the main villain, you should already know who he/she is xDD)

That Arydn is a huge nod to Kefka. They crack jokes, act quite silly and taunt the player a lot. 

The Last Of Us, 

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/04/final-fantasy-15-draws-storytelling-inspiration-from-the-last-of-us

When Tabata was younger he took trips around Europe and that's where some of the towns and cities draw inspiration from. Altissia is literally Venice xD. This may just be a myth though since I couldn't find a text based interview.

As for your Star Wars idea

“There are a lot of stories I like but many of them are the sort of things based on real life events so docu-dramas or historical films, things like that and the non-fiction type stuff.” Tabata-san explains. “One exception is Lord of the Rings. I don’t normally like those kind of fantastical stories, but that’s amazing, I really love that. I like Star Wars a lot as well."

So when I asked him the all-important question – “what is your favourite Final Fantasy game?” He is of course, beaming.

“Previously I would have said FF-I and FF-VII were my favourite to play but while making Final Fantasy XV, some of the ones I’m referring to the most and the ones I’m drawing the most inspiration from and getting a lot out of are FF-III, FF-IV, FF-V and FF-VI.” Tabata-san says with a big grin on his face. “The more I look at them, the more I think – wow! They’re probably some of the lesser-known Final Fantasy games but I think there’s some really great stuff in them and they’re a really good help for making FF-XV.”

Keep in mind that Tabata didn't write the scenario for the game, that was Nojima. Anyhow, the game has nods to FF7 too with certain scenes (spoilers for the story)

Luna being killed by Arydn, when was the last time a villain killed a main character in Final Fantasy after 7? 

So I got FFXV

Pretty fun overall

My biggest issues with it right now are the camera, the fact driving in the car is a huge part of the playtime(though I expected that, and the FF music help...sadly it is missing some crucial music. Chocobos do help as well) and that the ENG version removed the FF references (like the back attack, which is called blindside for some mysterious reasons) and use American units instead of having the options to switch between them and units that most of the world use(the JPN version use meters).

When you fight in the Duscae region, you will be inside trees 24/7. 

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

You know, since FFXV is out and the long journey of development is over, one question jumped out at me: now what? I would like to think they who developed FFXV now help develop KH3, but there is nothing to back that claim. What now for a FF number title? Is it on to FFXVI?

Edited by KingdomHearts3