Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Final Fantasy XV-Official Thread.

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been enjoying Final Fantasy XV?

• YES! IT'S AMAZING!
    • I like it, but I am not crazy about it.
    • It's okay. Nothing great nor bad about it.
    • Nope. I don't like it one bit.
    • I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon.
    • I won't be getting Final Fantasy XV.
    • Another option? State below.

Final Fantasy XV's (useless) character development tool is confirmed working

You mean the leveling up system?

It felt kinda uptose and besides Ignis maybe you can blow through most if not all of the game without using it

That,and the game is pretty easy.

I love FFXV but man is it one of the easiest  Final Fantasy games I've played.I haven't gotten a single game over yet even in post-game.

Luna got did. Arydn was a good guy till he was screwed over by the Gods and someone named Izuina for doing his job. Also don't ask about character development cause its all off screen or in a loading screen. No joke, not to mention a bunch of characters have off screen important, huge character development   but you only get to see it if you buy the dlc.

Edited by Joker

You mean the leveling up system?

It felt kinda uptose and besides Ignis maybe you can blow through most if not all of the game without using it

That,and the game is pretty easy.

I love FFXV but man is it one of the easiest  Final Fantasy games I've played.I haven't gotten a single game over yet even in post-game.

No the character creator, like in MMOs.

I posted a picture but it didn't go well with the mods. If you search it up, you'll see a barebones prototype.

No the character creator, like in MMOs.

I posted a picture but it didn't go well with the mods. If you search it up, you'll see a barebones prototype.

I saw it on finalfantasy.net 

It looks like the most generic character creation mode that you could ever find on any western RPG ever

And again,and this is something addressed on my status,why do those character creation modes are very limited with the age of my created character?

It's either middle aged buff dude or old buff dude......no option for say.........make someone a teenager(cuz I'm sure a rated T franchise would have some teenage fans)

Some say cuz pedophilia which is bullshit when some of those games let you create a little girl that's not even 15 sometimes like in some korean MMOs

Or how about someone that's not entirely muscular cuz I don't need to be Mr Buffy McBuff dude to carry a gun or a normal sized sword

I saw it on finalfantasy.net

It looks like the most generic character creation mode that you could ever find on any western RPG ever

And again,and this is something addressed on my status,why do those character creation modes are very limited with the age of my created character?

It's either middle aged buff dude or old buff dude......no option for say.........make someone a teenager(cuz I'm sure a rated T franchise would have some teenage fans)

Some say cuz pedophilia which is bullshit when some of those games let you create a little girl that's not even 15 sometimes like in some korean MMOs

Or how about someone that's not entirely muscular cuz I don't need to be Mr Buffy McBuff dude to carry a gun or a normal sized sword

It's only a prototype. It's nowhere near complete.

Good news for PC gamers: FFXV is confirmed to have been tested on dual Nvidia GTX 1080s by multiple sources.

The PC Version looks stunning on the two 1080s, but alas this was only a "technical experiment". Square would need to tweak the game so that these settings were either optional or completely downgrade it.

I hope Square creates settings for FFXV so those with these high end systems can experience FFXV in its glory. However, there was no confirmation as to what resolution the game was run at, the average frame rate, or if iit will ever be a thing on PC.

Glad to see it become more and more probable.

Edited by Clouded Sun

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/02/tabata-talks-final-fantasy-xv-story-imbalances-latter-half-game-linear/

“It was for the players to experience the story through Noctis’ eyes,” he told the magazine. “The world and the events that Noctis sees are merely things that are seen through his eyes. We didn’t want to create a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story in this game. Instead, we placed importance on the main characters and for the player and Noctis to share the same experience when we tell the story.”-Hajime Tabata

Ummm,what the firetruck are you talking about dude?There are dozens of scenes in the game that weren't seen from Noctis's eyes like the conversations between Ardyn and Ravus and the one between Ravus and Luna

..........I actually like this game for one thing but my god it's frustrating when you see them not learning from mistakes at all if they don't acknowledges the myriad of problems the game had which was pointed out by many people.Intentional my ass this is a pure PR stunt and a failed one at that.

I can name dozens of JRPGs that even when they're focusing on events from the eyes of the MC they still managed to flesh out the world and supporting characters

Square Enix still has their heads far up their own asses and they always get away with it cuz as long as sales are high and investors are pleased no need to give a shit about critical reception from fans and critics right?Oh so it's intentional that Ravus mattered firetruckall to the plot and Luna being so bland with barely any scenes with Noctis to convey their connection......all intentional huh

And what's even more mind boggling is that his statement here contradicts all the previous statement he and his staff did about adding scenes to flesh out characters like Ravus or the issues that they themselves pointed out

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/02/tabata-talks-final-fantasy-xv-story-imbalances-latter-half-game-linear/

Ummm,what the firetruck are you talking about dude?There are dozens of scenes in the game that weren't seen from Noctis's eyes like the conversations between Ardyn and Ravus and the one between Ravus and Luna

..........I actually like this game for one thing but my god it's frustrating when you see them not learning from mistakes at all if they don't acknowledges the myriad of problems the game had which was pointed out by many people.Intentional my ass this is a pure PR stunt and a failed one at that.

I can name dozens of JRPGs that even when they're focusing on events from the eyes of the MC they still managed to flesh out the world and supporting characters

Square Enix still has their heads far up their own asses and they always get away with it cuz as long as sales are high and investors are pleased no need to give a shit about critical reception from fans and critics right?Oh so it's intentional that Ravus mattered firetruckall to the plot and Luna being so bland with barely any scenes with Noctis to convey their connection......all intentional huh

And what's even more mind boggling is that his statement here contradicts all the previous statement he and his staff did about adding scenes to flesh out characters like Ravus or the issues that they themselves pointed out

He's damage controlling so badly, lost respect for him.

He's damage controlling so badly, lost respect for him.

This is almost Xehanort level of damage control of "HAHA IT WAS MY PLAN ALL ALONG"

I thought he'd be more respectable than the others in Square since at first he seemed to "acknowledge" the game's shortcomings but ho boy as soon as dem press and interviews came in he went full 180 and claimed it's all part of the plan

Why?He didn't need to say this.This does nothing but damage his reputation even further

Since when was Final Fantasy about a single individual?Sure there is a defined main character most of the time but the story was always seen from the eyes of all your party members(at least the main ones that stays to the end).Remember how FF6 and FF9 kept changing perspective between characters and how well done that was?Heck here it wasn't just about Noctis cuz the four guys were with him the whole time.Now I feel Gladio's DLC is a rip-off cuz now it feels it should've been in the game instead of the BS their doing,same with Prompto......I didn't need to pay extra money just to see what's Celes is doing elsewhere in FF6 or pay to see Steiner's struggle to protect Alexandria in FF9

IS THERE STILL ANYONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO DIRECT A FINAL FANTASY GAME AT THIS POINT

This is almost Xehanort level of damage control of "HAHA IT WAS MY PLAN ALL ALONG"

I thought he'd be more respectable than the others in Square since at first he seemed to "acknowledge" the game's shortcomings but ho boy as soon as dem press and interviews came in he went full 180 and claimed it's all part of the plan

Why?He didn't need to say this.This does nothing but damage his reputation even further

Since when was Final Fantasy about a single individual?Sure there is a defined main character most of the time but the story was always seen from the eyes of all your party members(at least the main ones that stays to the end).Remember how FF6 and FF9 kept changing perspective between characters and how well done that was?Heck here it wasn't just about Noctis cuz the four guys were with him the whole time.Now I feel Gladio's DLC is a rip-off cuz now it feels it should've been in the game instead of the BS their doing,same with Prompto......I didn't need to pay extra money just to see what's Celes is doing elsewhere in FF6 or pay to see Steiner's struggle to protect Alexandria in FF9

IS THERE STILL ANYONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO DIRECT A FINAL FANTASY GAME AT THIS POINT

I will admit, Tabata's statement regarding this does frustrate me to an extent, because this is just making things worse, and seeing how things were treated, even though I think he wasn't allowed to say anything, I can't help but feel irked by it. With that being said, I still like the game and waiting to play the story updates and the DLC, but I find it ridiculous. Also, I would like to know what you think of this interesting theory?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5t367b/pitioss_ruins_revelations/

If it iss true, and if it was shown as actual scenes, I think I would've liked the game a lot more, because it would makes sense regarding Ardyn and Ifrit.

Edited by KHLegendIII

You guys can't parse a translation like it's a carefully prepared statement. It's the translator that decides the wording. Tabata speaks from the cuff, in Japanese, and someone else translates it to English.

Edited by Lulcielid

You guys can't parse a translation like it's a carefully prepared statement. It's the translator that decides the wording. Tabata speaks from the cuff, in Japanese, and someone else translates it to English.

It's the job of the translator to accurately convey the text and we have the right to say our interpretations based on what we got

This isn't a conspiracy where someone would risk their job just to mistranslate someone's words on purpose.

What you're basically saying is :He's someone from square enix therefore he can't be wrong

Cuz I have the feeling if it wasn't a Square Enix guy people wouldn't have defended him.This white knighting is the reason the series's quality has dropped to the ground cuz people just don't have the courage to admit that there is something wrong with their favorite brand thinking it might make them less "true-fans" or some nonsense

A true fan would want the series to get better and learn from it's mistake not just set there and say "It's final fantasy,therefore it's automatically good and can't be criticized"

FF9 did best at that, you got to see almost everything that happened. You played as Steiner, Garnet, Vivi etc. Even FF7 let you control Cid and see the reactor incident through playable flashbacks. 

Be honest, even FF13 didn't offscreen anything really. FF13 split the party up and let you experience the game through more than 1 player's view.

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

FF9 did best at that, you got to see almost everything that happened. You played as Steiner, Garnet, Vivi etc. Even FF7 let you control Cid and see the reactor incident through playable flashbacks. 

Be honest, even FF13 didn't offscreen anything really. FF13 split the party up and let you experience the game through more than 1 player's view.

Well I give XIII that if the story and writing wasn't complete garbage (in my opinion...more power to you if you enjoy it and I respect that)

13 was more enjoyable than 15. Probably because I like ATB more than the horrid combat physics that 15 has.

Eh I think XV is waaaay better than XIII by virtue of better characters at least

As for the battle system.........Would've been fine if it didn't encourage you to use auto attack.Sure you can choose manually but it;s much slower and once you cast the scan spell Libra on an enemy auto attack will pick the weaknesses for you.That and the fact that A\they purposefully halt your level progression until the next chapter so you can never grind and B\Every boss is the same strategy.Ravager until he staggers,switch to commando to deal massive damage,heal with medic if you need to,rather rense repeat for every single boss............not to mention the absurd amount of HP that even normal enemies had which made battles a chore to go through

And while I didn't like XV's leveling up system,at least it wasn't the big fat lie that is the crystarium 

Again,my opinion so feel free to disagree since I'm just telling my personal experience

The combats messy? Never really experienced that in my 140 hours of gameplay so far. Then again the combat seems to something you either hate or love no in-between

wow you've put more hours in than I have and I've had the game since day one. The combat just doesn't feel good, Noctis is sluggish and his combos don't feel continuous and flow when switching weapons. There is no strategy involved either, just spam potions if your low on health. Enemies hardly retaliate and combat is level based. A real level one run can never be done either, your attacks will never do enough damage. They took Final Fantasy's system of taking damage and dealing it and combined it with this sluggish combat. It's not right and this is why I feel FF should have never abandoned its roots.

Eh the whole spamming potion thing never bugged me. I also personally prefer level based combat but that's just me. As for Noctis's combos they seem to feel fine, Im not looking for a full on hack and slash. From what ive nocited between people who hate XV to those like I love/hate it for the opposite reasons. The story tho theres no defending that. I do have hope that the updates and character dlc will fix some of my issues.

So I have been reading about FFXV's calendar use. It's interesting; the Gregorian calendar is used in it, but there are different years. The months and days we use are used in FFXV's calendar, but while we have eras labeled as ancient, medieval, renaissance, and modern, the calendar in FFXV has two eras: ancient and modern. These are labeled respectively as A.E and M.E. The link below gives the full timeline of the history of Eos in FFXV as well as the description of what the calendar is.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV/Timeline

So Noctis turns 20 on August 20 M.E 755 and the events we see in the game happen in May M.E 756. Noctis is 30 when he fights Ardyn in M.E 766 and saves the world. Where am I going with this? I have been wondering, if M.E 756 is when the events seen in FFXV first happen and M.E 766 is when they end, then couldn't M.E 756 be 2006 and M.E 766 be 2016? I am just trying to understand how the years match up and be converted from the A.E/M.E system to the Gregorian system.

Edited by KingdomHearts3