Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

The Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover cinematic in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is 80 minutes long

UPDATE: Amazon Germany have updated the information on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, removing the 80 minutes detail. The official running time of x Back Cover is still to be announced.

The original article follows:

On its pre-order listing for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Amazon Germany has revealed in its description for the game that the cinematic feature Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover is 80 minutes long.

This would make Back Cover the shortest cinematic in the series thus far, with the cinematics for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days at 2 hours & 50 minutes long and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded at approximately 3 hours long.

What do you think about the length of Back Cover? Let us know in the comments!

Click here to view the article

I just hope its presented as a movie format type thing, cause that's what im seeing it as. There better not be scnees of the fortellers about to fight Luxu or the keylblade war or something and theres a fade to black as if going to game play, I want battle cutscenes and make at least some of them a bit more intesting and longer than Sora vs Roxas in recoded 2.5

I betting there's a trophy in all of this right? 

Just like 358/2 Days and Re:Coded?

I would assume yes. If they will give KH3D a trophy list, then I can see Back cover getting one too. I don't know about BbS0.2 though...

Well hopefully this means that it will be set up in a cinematic style, as in it will run like an actual movie with cohesive cuts and transitions and a consistent pace, rather than a series of cutscenes that play one after the other. Hopefully this also means that it's not going to work like Days and Re:Coded and things like particular events or battles are just going to be cut out entirely to suggest that they happen in gameplay, which would be extremely bad because they never happened in gameplay in the first place, certainly not from the Foretellers' perspectives. Basically I'm hoping that Back Cover works exactly like how Kingsglaive works, in that it is actually treated like a movie rather than a series of pretty cutscenes bound together. So in other words we shouldn't be seeing any of those loading sections with the little heart in the corner, except for possibly loading up the beginning of the movie. I really hope they treated this right.

Well hopefully this means that it will be set up in a cinematic style, as in it will run like an actual movie with cohesive cuts and transitions and a consistent pace, rather than a series of cutscenes that play one after the other. Hopefully this also means that it's not going to work like Days and Re:Coded and things like particular events or battles are just going to be cut out entirely to suggest that they happen in gameplay, which would be extremely bad because they never happened in gameplay in the first place, certainly not from the Foretellers' perspectives. Basically I'm hoping that Back Cover works exactly like how Kingsglaive works, in that it is actually treated like a movie rather than a series of pretty cutscenes bound together. So in other words we shouldn't be seeing any of those loading sections with the little heart in the corner, except for possibly loading up the beginning of the movie. I really hope they treated this right.

Well, we definitely know we get to see Aced and Invi fight. Maybe Aced and Gula too. 

Ah, this is interesting news, human, thank you for enlightening us!

So then, Back Cover's to last an hour and twenty minutes, eh? That's pretty fine by me, so long as everything plays out naturally and doesn't feel rushed or cramped up! As long as we get our juicy story, I'll be happy!

The wait is almost over!

Well, we've known about the one hour length months before E3 2016. If true, guess a bit more was added or something. Nomura was pretty accurate/specifically stating the length of Days and Re:Coded.

So it may be shorter than the 358/2 Days and re:Coded cinematics but I think it will be a lot more worthwhile. Coded was awful = 3 hours of cutscenes for 15 minutes (maybe?) of important story. Days was a little better with maybe 30-45 minutes of important stuff out of the 2:50. Based on what they've shown, I expect Back cover will likely be 60-70 minutes of really important stuff and a little filler left over. 

I'm totally okay with 80 minutes. :)

I considered Days and Coded really exhausting to watch because of the length although I enjoyed many passages in both movies. :)

It will definitely be a literal movie unlike Re:Coded and Days, though I was pretty usre of this ever since we first saw shots of it. It is much more cinematic in nature(specially since they can play around with the lighting much more and it probably being pre-rendered also helps). And it helps that it seems to be much more action packed too! I can't see them leaving out Ava vs Luxu and stuff we didn't see in X. Also will be much less tiring to watch than those other two, they don't really work as movies.

All I ask for is for the movie to be better than Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV. That movie was a borefest.