Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Firaga

Film "Power Rangers" Alpha 5 Concept Art

A while back, we found out that Zordon's trusty robot assistant Alpha 5 will be in the movie and will also be voiced by Bill Hader.

Now, after getting confirmation of Alpha 5 will sound like, we have confirmation of what Alpha 5 will look like.

This design is obviously a big contrast to how he looks in the original show, but that's to be expected. One thing to take way is that he still keeps the original color scheme of gold/grey/red. 

Personally, I believe Alpha 5 probably won't play a big part in the movie as he is only meant to be Zordon's assistant and nothing more, so the design is nothing really for me to take away from other than, well, it exists. I do however appreciate how it keeps in line with the new "futuristic/symbiotic" theme that seems to be taking hold of the whole PR aesthetic in the film.

I'm personally not a fan of the design, I can't recall what it reminds me of, but the pot belly/elongated limbs/fish head just rubs me the wrong way, I'm just hoping that the character isn't a sarcastic smartass, because he also has that Marvin from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy look going on aswell. Honestly it's hard to even guess his size, the picture makes me think he is 4 feet tall, due to the proportions of the body, but that's a non issue.

kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-

I really have no words, that being is beyond hideous. I am disgraced that it bears the name "Alpha 5".

Eh, I don't know if I'm fine with the huge bug-eyes, but the rest of the design looks pretty cool and consistent with the whole techno-organic theme they're going for with the Rangers. Since Alpha's role will probably be pretty limited as far as being an assistant to Zordon goes, I guess it's a change I can live with, as long as they don't make those eyes too freaky.

kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-

I really have no words, that being is beyond hideous. I am disgraced that it bears the name "Alpha 5".

Uh, dude, it's just Alpha, I don't think this is really warranting of any flamewar memes or anything. I think that reaction would be more justified if they had done something crazy like made Billy half-riho/half alien or something. It's literally just a more alien body with snail eyes, it's not that big of a deal. Kind of overreacting here.

Why are we acting like Alpha 5 is some bastion of purity?

He was an annoying sidekick. ._.

I'm going to have to agree, plus I mean I think it says "concept art" for a reason, that this was the test, the bait if you will to make necessary changes for the final product based on reactions to this design

Why are we acting like Alpha 5 is some bastion of purity?

He was an annoying sidekick. ._.

It's one thing to be annoying. It's another thing altogether to be annoying and hideous.

Eh, I don't know if I'm fine with the huge bug-eyes, but the rest of the design looks pretty cool and consistent with the whole techno-organic theme they're going for with the Rangers. Since Alpha's role will probably be pretty limited as far as being an assistant to Zordon goes, I guess it's a change I can live with, as long as they don't make those eyes too freaky.

Uh, dude, it's just Alpha, I don't think this is really warranting of any flamewar memes or anything. I think that reaction would be more justified if they had done something crazy like made Billy half-riho/half alien or something. It's literally just a more alien body with snail eyes, it's not that big of a deal. Kind of overreacting here.

It looks like a poor mans attempt at a cosplay reject, I understand the darker direction this Power Rangers movie is trying to go, but this is taking those darker elements in a more unwarranted direction.

I'm going to have to agree, plus I mean I think it says "concept art" for a reason, that this was the test, the bait if you will to make necessary changes for the final product based on reactions to this design

Concept art is usually telling of the final design. And even for concept art, it just looks abhorrent to look at!

Edited by Guest

It's one thing to be annoying. It's another thing altogether to be annoying and hideous.

It looks like a poor mans attempt at a cosplay reject, I understand the darker direction this Power Rangers movie is trying to go, but this is taking those darker elements in a more unwarranted direction.

Concept art is usually telling of the final design. And even for concept art, it just looks abhorrent to look at!

Dude it's really no big deal. I'd be more upset if they gave him a tail or a xenomorph head or something. Eyes and bodytype aside, it's still pretty faithful to the original design, I'm actually quite surprised they didn't alter it further.

I'll have you know I have friends in outer space who like like this Alpha 5 concept art.

Racist.

Dude it's really no big deal. I'd be more upset if they gave him a tail or a xenomorph head or something. Eyes and bodytype aside, it's still pretty faithful to the original design, I'm actually quite surprised they didn't alter it further.

It just looks so disgusting. Like, I'm all for creative liberty and freedom, but are you not concerned about how you how ugly this concept of Alpha 5 looks? (the artist is talented, the concept... not so much). 

An Alpha 5 with a tail would be far more forgiving than this atrocity.

It just looks so disgusting. Like, I'm all for creative liberty and freedom, but are you not concerned about how you how ugly this concept of Alpha 5 looks? (the artist is talented, the concept... not so much). 

An Alpha 5 with a tail would be far more forgiving than this atrocity.

It's all in the eye of the beholder man. I'm telling you, this really doesn't bug me all that much (ha! "bug" X3), I think you're kind of overreacting. But believe what you want to believe I guess. I just know that this is far from ruining the whole movie for me, I wouldn't even call it "disgusting". Now if they make Zordon a tube of floating guts instead of a floating head, THAT would be disgusting for me.