Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
catmaster0116

Sora's JP VA Miyu Irino to go on Hiatus 2017

Well, I decided to post this in the general media section since it concerns fans of anime and video games too since Irino-san also voices many characters for other series apart for Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

The following article was copied and pasted from here

"

news_xlarge_irinomiyu_art201611.jpg

Voice actor Miyu Irino announced on his online diary on Wednesday that he is taking a short hiatus from his career after his solo live concerts in January. He explained that he will be studying abroad, which he has been considering doing for a long time.

Irino added he has been interested in overseas living and entertainment for several years, and has been discussing this with his agency. However, he was told, "Not now, not now," and so has not moved forward with his plans until now.

Eventually, Irino said that he needed to decide to go anyway. He explained that if he is to go at all, he must go as soon as possible. He wants to meet many people, and know more about languages, theater, and other things he does not know yet. He likened his upcoming journey, in which he will go beyond genres and boundaries, to the title of his new album, "Dare to Dream". The album also shipped on Wednesday.

Irino thinks he will come back home sooner than his fans expect, and reassured them that he will definitely return.

Irino was born in 1988, and gained notice at a young age when he played the male lead Haku in Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away in 2001. Irino's many roles include Todomatsu in Mr. Osomatsu, Sora in the Kingdom Hearts games, Yuichiro Hyakuya in Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign, Akito Hyuga in Code Geass: Akito the Exiled, and Takao in The Garden of Words. He also performed in films and stage productions and sang in songs for Eyeshield 21, Kamigami no Asobi - Ludere deorum, Karneval, Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G, Mr. Osomatsu, and You and Me. He formally started his career as a musical artist in 2009.

The Mr. Osomatsu television special "Osomatsu-san Ouma de Kobanashi" (Mr. Osomatsu: A Horse Anecdote) will air on December 12.

Square Enix has not announced when it will release the next Kingdom Hearts game, Kingdom Hearts III.

"

What do you guys think?

If Irino-san goes on hiatus 2017, it will definitely push the release date further which lends evidence to some of our members who have hypothesised that KH3 wont be done and released until 2018.

Speaking of which didn't Shimomura-san also recently state that she hadn't even started working on KH3's music?

They are not gonna delay an entire video game because of one voice actor. If the game was supposed to be released in 2017 it will be. Doubt it will be though, but still, that has nothing to do with the voice actor.

They are not gonna delay an entire video game because of one voice actor. If the game was supposed to be released in 2017 it will be. Doubt it will be though, but still, that has nothing to do with the voice actor.

Well, seeing as Irino has been voicing Sora for the JP release since KH1. I think his role in voicing the main character is quite important. It would be like Osment not voicing Sora or McCartney not doing Roxas. Of course if that were to really happen, I'm sure big companies would easily find a replacement.

The only solution that I can think of is that perhaps the lines for KH3 have already been recorded. That way it won't matter if absences are taken by the voice actors in 2017 since the lines are already done.

Eitherway I agree with you in that KH3 is supposed to be release in 2017. But as you said, knowing S.E - any delays that come about would probably be due to other factors and probably not VAs.

Oh come on, you never know, maybe they voiced the English cast by now and they'll just release the English version first before the Japanese vers-Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I instantly stopped believing in whatever I was about to argue, never mind. :P

Actually that might not be a bad idea xD

But having such a beloved series released internationally before the mother country undoubtedly make Japanese fans salty and then Square Enix would have to release a Japanese version with extras which ends up making international fans Salty ~ just like the Final Mixes initially right? (its a good thing the final mixes ended up being released interantionally on the HD Re:Mixes games)

Heres hoping they'll get it finished on time and do a simultaneous release for all the language versions

Edited by catmaster0116

Eitherway I agree with you in that KH3 is supposed to be release in 2017. But as you said, knowing S.E - any delays that come about would probably be due to other factors and probably not VAs.

Actually I doubt that. I just meant that if they wanted to release it by 2017 something like this wouldn't stop them. But I don't think it will be released in 2017... I mean, we haven't even gotten a single story trailer yet. FFXV started getting these almost two years before it got released.

I think if we start getting more news after 2.8 releases, then it's possible KH3 will release in spring 2018 or fall 2018.

They wouldn't delay an entire game (especially a big budget AAA game) that comes out in many regions just because a VA of one region is going on a hiatus, especially considering the business perspective of it.  Obviously we have no idea when the game will release and what sort of VA work has been done, but I would definitely imagine that he would have talked to Square before announcing this (I am sure there is some contractual agreement with them).  Either they have set up a plan to make sure he does his VA work (whether it be before or after his hiatus) or they decided that his hiatus interrupts the development schedule and are looking elsewhere.  Replacing a VA is a very common practice and a lot of the time they are able to find someone who can imitate a voice very well (I personally had no idea they had switched Ansem the Wise's VA til someone brought it up).

Rest assured this has no impact on the development of KH3