Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Film "Spider-Man: Homecoming" 1st Official Trailer

Well, this definetly feels like MCU is putting their own spin on things. That's a very good thing. The last thing we need is another drawn out origin story for Spidey even though we've already gone through that entire process twice already.

Speaking of: I'm not familiar with current Spider-Man comics, so maybe this is just throwing me off because of that, but this doesn't look like the same Spider-Man set up I'm used to. I know a few classic Spider-Man characters are in the movie due to the cast list (Marisa Tomei as Aunt May for example) but still, the whole dynamic still seems different. Still, it's a refreshing different. Plus, I am perfectly fine with Tony Stark being in this film over someone like, I dunno, Flash Thompson. xD

On that same note: Micheal Keaton as Vulture. When I found out he'd be in this role, I was a little skeptical, mostly because I just prefer my Vultures to look like the comic: a bald old guy with a sharp nose. Still, given Keaton's small appearance here, adding onto his past experience as both Batman and Birdman (which is somewhat ironic), it looks like he has the makings of turning in a good performance.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

When I first saw the trailer, I was like : "Spiderman : Homecoming ? More like IronMan 4 ! ".But it grew on me after I watched it 2 more times. It feels so different from the original movies and that's pretty good. You can't always trust the Youtube comments but people seem to like it.I think it's gonna be amazing !

Edited by Nick Sideris

i dig it. i always intended to see Marvel's Spider Man movie and this trailer really only cemented that plan. loved their use of "Time to Pretend" too.

also i completely forgot Michael Keaton was in this. i remember hearing about him and some casting rumors but i guess i just forgot it was ever confirmed lol

looks good to me. i'll definitely go see it. hopefully it doesn't feel like "just another typical Marvel movie." 

I am so excited. I love each and every Spidey movie that's come out so far, from Toby all the way to Andrew. I actually love how progressively geekier each one seems to get, and this one certainly seems to mix the geek in with the nerd rather nicely. I'm a tiny bit thrown off with having Peter be so young in high school, since I've been pretty used to the late high school/early college formula for a while now, but the Spectacular Spider-Man show started him off in early high school and I loved how they balanced that, so I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things (HA!) just fine. The only concern I have is the friend Peter has...just who is he? Is he supposed to be Harry? Quite the interesting choice I must say...but then again maybe they're trying something a bit new and just giving Peter an original friend, like how agent Coulson was a MCU original character before spiking in popularity. In any case I can't wait to see how MCU's Spidey starts making his name...or I guess at this point starts emboldening it. It'll certainly be interesting seeing him try to rise through the ranks in a world already populated by well-known heroes.

And, as always, I still pray that someday JK Simmons will still get to come back as J. Jonah Jameson. There can only be one...and so far there has. Don't worry JK, it's never impossible to jump between ships. X3"

Well, this definetly feels like MCU is putting their own spin on things. That's a very good thing. The last thing we need is another drawn out origin story for Spidey even though we've already gone through that entire process twice already.

Speaking of: I'm not familiar with current Spider-Man comics, so maybe this is just throwing me off because of that, but this doesn't look like the same Spider-Man set up I'm used to. I know a few classic Spider-Man characters are in the movie due to the cast list (Marisa Tomei as Aunt May for example) but still, the whole dynamic still seems different. Still, it's a refreshing different. Plus, I am perfectly fine with Tony Stark being in this film over someone like, I dunno, Flash Thompson. xD

On that same note: Micheal Keaton as Vulture. When I found out he'd be in this role, I was a little skeptical, mostly because I just prefer my Vultures to look like the comic: a bald old guy with a sharp nose. Still, given Keaton's small appearance here, adding onto his past experience as both Batman and Birdman (which is somewhat ironic), it looks like he has the makings of turning in a good performance.

Flash will be in it though, played by Tony Revolori :P

Oh my good lord, when I saw this trailer this morning, I frickin freaked! I know I've said this a thousand times, but Spider-Man has been my favorite superhero since I was a kid! Spider-Man is what immersed me into the wider Marvel Universe, and he's always been a hero who's been close to my heart all these years! I grew up reading the comics my brother owned of him, I saw the Sam Raimi trilogy, I watched the cartoons, I even had a costume! And I also loved Marc Webb's films! Overall, I've grown up with Spider-Man, and when the Marvel Cinematic Universe was conceived, it was always a fantasy of mine that Spider-Man could one day interact with the Avengers!  So you can imagine that when Sony and Marvel struck the deal they struck, I was stupendously happy! Finally, my fantasy was to become a reality!

And now, looking upon this trailer, I'm so taken back, this just feels so surreal! I still can't believe that Spidey is in the MCU! He was terrific in Civil War, and I can't wait to see how Homecoming will fare, which, judging by the trailer, looks to be an amazing film! Marvel Studios is known for cranking out success after success, and it looks like Homecoming will build upon the already successful MCU! I can't wait to see what fun new twists we'll get!

My favorite parts of the trailer were that joke Spidey made to the thugs about the Avengers, Tony and Peter talking to each other, Spidey with the web wings, and him holding a giant ass boat together with his webbing! GAHHH, NEXT YEAR'S GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!

Homecoming still feels so far, but I'll happily wait for its release! :D