Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wayward Wind

KHBbS Quite possibly the best KH game (so far)

Favorite KH game!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite KH game!

• Kingdom hearts: Birth by sleep
    • Kingdom hearts: 1 (and final mix)
    • Kingdom hearts: CoM (and re: CoM)
    • Kingdom hearts: 358/2 days
    • Kingdom hearts: 2 (and final mix)

Hey guys, imo BBS is my favorite KH game out of all of them out so far. I've beat all KH games (exept the original CoM) and out of all of them i think BBS could take the top spot :P. its not just the story line that i like about it but the combat and the wide selection of attacks and spells.

so guys, whats your favorite KH game and why.

I love Birth by Sleep, because unlike the other worlds, this one presented brand new worlds, and brand new song tracks because to be quite honest I was sick and tired of the old ones.

I must say that Birth By Sleep is most likely the best Kingdom Hearts game so far!

I only say so far because who knows? Maybe an even more awesome Kingdom Hearts game is waiting for us in the future! :O

But what I like about this game is that there are a wider variety of worlds, including the Mirage Arena, and where there are 3 characters that you can play as, it's a better tolerable thing than just playing as Sora, or Roxas all the time. xD (But I have nothing against Sora or Roxas).

The only thing that I did not like, this was supposed to be the longest game in Kingdom Hearts history, right?

Well it's not looking like it is because it seems that you spend less time in each world (depending on how long you spend powering up, and collecting stickers/treasures/attacks/ect.) But the actual story of each world is considerably short.

I must say that Birth By Sleep is most likely the best Kingdom Hearts game so far!

I only say so far because who knows? Maybe an even more awesome Kingdom Hearts game is waiting for us in the future! :O

But what I like about this game is that there are a wider variety of worlds, including the Mirage Arena, and where there are 3 characters that you can play as, it's a better tolerable thing than just playing as Sora, or Roxas all the time. xD (But I have nothing against Sora or Roxas).

The only thing that I did not like, this was supposed to be the longest game in Kingdom Hearts history, right?

Well it's not looking like it is because it seems that you spend less time in each world (depending on how long you spend powering up, and collecting stickers/treasures/attacks/ect.) But the actual story of each world is considerably short.

Well, the other games took me around 30 hours to finish the story*. Birth by Sleep hit a solid 43.

*Estimate for KH1+2 since I've been known to leave the PS2 on all night because I couldn't find a save point, bringing each game to around 50-55 hours before the end.

On top of that, you can still play Birth by Sleep after you beat it. That in itself gives it the possibility for more gaming, since the secret bosses kick ass.

By far, it's Birth by Sleep for me. Overall, the plot was just as good as former KH titles, but the EPIC battle system is why I have it rated the highest. SO AWESOME =D

And this is something unexpected, because KH1 is very dear to my heart, but BBS was more fun to play.

I don't really have one.

Kingdom Hearts I and II are probably the best so far.

You don't need to put up the remakes, since the final mixes and re com are just remakes.

And the finals mixes are Japan only, with Re Com Japan and North America only.

Id have to say birth by sleep. The basically fixed everything that was wrong with the KH series. They also tossed in an awesome plot, a great battle system, and interesting characters.

Some of the major boss fights (such as Vanitas) were fun instead of annoying.

BBS is my favorite because of the plot and all the worlds look cooler. Also, I think that all worlds had more plots and the cutscenes were so much better in quality and importance. Looking at Kh2 cutscenes they were good, but these looked so much more real if you know what I mean. They were a lot more interesting. The gameplay was a huge step-up. I never saw use for magic in any KH game I played except for cure until BBS. Shot-locks are awesome and actually do something, my only complaint is that magic does no real damage to anything unless it consumes two spots out of eight. I also like the way that commands recharge and take time to do because it makes you think more about what commands you want to use, like a better version of the 358/2 Days deck.

BBS sucked on many many levels. Critical mode was so damn easy after level 40. They included too many 'gay keyblades'. The keyblades themselves lacked special abilities. The worlds, oh man... they were so lifeless! You couldn't interact with barely anything. The deep space world was just highly annoying. There was no reaction commands to make the battles look cooler. In the title menu, the game lacked the classic 'confirm' , 'cancel' , scroll' and 'load' sound effects that kh one and two had.

No Donald and goofy as help battle characters. No limit moves with world characters. No playable mickey. Vanitas' face was a giveaway when you heard his voice. Terra was weak compared to kh2fm. No dual wielding. Aqua's battle style severely annoyed me. Lod should've been more developed. No capes, the armor looked so childish. It looked so badass back in 2006. They are too colorful and not rusty enough.

Mirage arena was no fun at all. So tortuous. All the characters should've had different worlds. Disney town was lamei they should've stuck with the castle. Rant over.

I'd name a game, and then it'd get surpassed by Kingdom Hearts 3D in the near future, so it's no use. I have really high hopes for that game. It better be the Birth by Sleep of KH on the Nintendo platforms.

In my opinion Kingdom Hearts 2(:Final Mix),meaning both of them, is the best. You can take my opinion seriously as I've played every single game.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep(:Final Mix) (I'm including Birth by Sleep:Final Mix too) was absolutely excellent and I want to put in my batting order of the games before I explain why Kingdom Hearts 2(:Final Mix) is better:

1-Kingdom Hearts 2(:Final Mix)

2-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep(:Final Mix)

3-Kingdom Hearts 1(:Final Mix)

4-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

5-Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories

6-Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded

7-Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

8-Kingdom Hearts Coded

Now to address the top two. Kingdom Hearts 2 was astounding. It featured harder bosses, occasional R.P.* character changes, better level system, better (and more in-depth) synthesis, more cutscenes, nicer layout,much better level designs, graphics and character design. The menus were also better it had many more mini-games and a much harder Hades Paradox Cup than Kingdom Hearts 1. Birth by Sleep, on the other side, had a less well thought out plot was rather boring having to start from Level 1 again 3 times, had sufficiently less polygons, bad graphics, easier walkthroughs of levels, no synthesis at all, less strategy in boss battles, constant button spamming of []-(square)-and some cases of rather pathetic voice actors (Snow White being a prime example) compared to Kingdom Hearts 1.

Now if we look at the addition to features in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. It included a complete remake of Chain of Memories (RE), which I rank third of the side-stories, it had data versions (harder versions) of all of the Organization XIII members which you could fight, better weather effects, new Keyblades, a new form, a boss fight with Roxas which was previously a cutscene (it includes the cutscene as well but with thunder as well as rain :D), a mushroom XIII side-quest, a Terra boss fight, new synthesis materials and recipes, new Gummi ship mini-game, a fourth difficulty rating, more abilities and equipment, two new areas, a lot of new cutscenes (with strong references to Birth by Sleep, all of the extra features in the US version of Kingdom Hearts 2 and a longer final level.

Now if we look at the new things added in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep:Final Mix. It had three extra secret bosses, included all of the extra features in the US version of Birth by Sleep, had a secret level (and a Monstro level again) and another secret ending (in addition to Blank points), which has caused much controversy and more mini-games. That is it. Much less compared to Kingdom Hearts 2:Final Mix.

Now back to the point of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. It was veered of more in the direction of Final Fantasy with melding and the new meaning of "abilities" which is fine but the Keyblade combos were lacking a bit and were similar to that in Kingdom hearts 1 which were a bit "lack-luster". I didn't like the new voice of mickey either I wished they could have dubbed Wayne Allwine (R.I.P.). I also missed having companions along the journey which, you may think this is weird, give a sense of self-assurance. I also missed Gummy missions and tournaments in the Coliseum. But I have to be fair, the weapon combinations were fantastic though I missed quick-play menu commands. So if I draw up my pedantic charts they would look like this:

All Games:

1-Kingdom Hearts 2:FM

2-Kingdom Hearts 2

3-Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix

4-Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

5-Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix

6-Kingdom Hearts 1

7-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

8-Kingdom Hearts RE:Chain of Memories

9-Kingdom Hearts RE:Coded

10-Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

11-Kingdom Hearts Coded

The Side-story Games:

1-Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: Final <ix

2-Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

3-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

4-Kingdom Hearts RE:Chain of Memories

5-Kingdom Hearts RE:Coded

6-Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

7-Kingdom Hearts Coded

The Main-story Games:

1-Kingdom Hearts 2:Final Mix

2-Kingdom Hearts 2

3-Kingdom Hearts 1:Final Mix

4-Kingdom Hearts 1

That's 11 games in total. 7 Side-stories. 4-Main-stories. A ratio of 7-4

By 2017 I hope it will be:

That's 17 games in total. 10 Side-stories. 6-Main-stories A ratio of 5-3(a reduced ratio :D)

The three extra Side-stories I hope would be:

-KH3D

-KHBBS:V2

-KHBBS:V2-FM

The two extra Main-stories I hope would be:

-Kingdom Hearts 3

-Kingdom Hearts 3:Final Mix.

*Role Playing.