Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheKingdomkid

Tetsuya Nomura sends Holiday Greetings to all the Kingdom Hearts fans

What a nice video! It was a little weird that he didn't mention KH3, he should've said something. Before anyone on their high horse attacks me with "He doesn't have to do anything!" and "You are so ungrateful", I was just stating an opinion on the absence on the BIGGEST thing happening with the series.

He mentioned 2.8, 1.5+2.5 PS4, the concerts, and the anniversary. Those are all nice, but KH3 is the main thing going on right now. I don't think there is anything wrong with a fan wondering about KH3's absence in this video.

He didn't need to give us any information. This video would've actually been a bad place to drop new info, and should be saved for better moments. Just a "...and KH3 is coming along smoothly, and we are currently deciding when to release new information. Please be patient just a little longer (wink at camera)". All the info was repeated anyway, so YES, it is weird he didn't mention KH3.

All the same, Merry Christmas Nomura!!!

I think people are completely going overboard with their appreciation for this video. He took 3 random minutes he would have spent poking in his nose maybe to make this almost onetake video and people are reacting as if he did a 3 hour making of for 2.8 or something. I gotta admit, its cool seeing him on camera again after two years of complete absence, but jeez people, stop talking about him being offended by some stupid comments or social media. He couldnt give less craps about some idiots posting shit online. The minority is the loudest. As someone who has been working in the industry for many years he is someone who should know this.

Those are all nice, but KH3 is the main thing going on right now. I don't think there is anything wrong with a fan wondering about KH3's absence in this video.

No KH3 is not the main thing going on right now, its the exact opposite. The main thing now is 2.8, 1.5+2.5 and the 15th anniversary. KH3 will be the next big thing earliest E3 next year if not end of 2017 and come out none earlier than mid 2018. People gotta stop thinking KH3 is in anyones heads at square enix right now. Its a project that is being worked on at the moment, nothing that is remotely close being finished to market. We can be happy they even mention it from time to time, FF7 remake is getting no news at all.
Edited by sneakie1

No KH3 is not the main thing going on right now, its the exact opposite. The main thing now is 2.8, 1.5+2.5 and the 15th anniversary. KH3 will be the next big thing earliest E3 next year if not end of 2017 and come out none earlier than mid 2018. People gotta stop thinking KH3 is in anyones heads at square enix right now. Its a project that is being worked on at the moment, nothing that is remotely close being finished to market. We can be happy they even mention it from time to time, FF7 remake is getting no news at all.

I respectively disagree with the first part of this statement. While KH3 may not be the next thing on the docket, it is the next BIG thing. If you take KH3 out of the equation, who really cares about any of the other stuff.

1.5+2.5 PS4 is a re-release of remasters from the previous generation based on games from even older machines. Big woo. It only matters because KH3 will also be on PS4. I'd be willing to give you 2.8 as the next main thing, but KH3D is old, and I would argue Back Cover and 0.2 are only exciting BECAUSE of their relation to KH3.

As much as I would like KH3 to come out in 2017, that's not realistic at this point. But I definitely think the existence of KH3 is the driving force behind all of these other things. So Nomura should've given it a mention.

As much as I would like KH3 to come out in 2017, that's not realistic at this point. But I definitely think the existence of KH3 is the driving force behind all of these other things. So Nomura should've given it a mention.

I think he has something up his sleeve and is just waiting for the 15th anniversary to release it. He doesnt want to take any attention away from 2.8 and 1.5+2.5, its not what matters more to fans, its whats closer to releasing and getting money in. What if he said something along the lines of "KH3 is being worked on and its moving with good pace". That wouldnt give me anything, I actually like how he is all quiet with his games unlike stupid tabata releasing half of FFXV before it releases and everything is spoiled. 

As I am generally of the opinion that a game called "Kingdom Hearts III" only exists because fans wouldn't shut up about wanting it, I don't really see KH3 as a bigger game than 2.8, honestly. There will be more content, but it's not inherently a bigger thing in SE's mind just because the fandom wanted the game for seven years before it was announced. 2.8 is the first time we'll get new content outside of handhelds in a decade. It's definitely a big thing.