Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

So How Hard Is MF With Terra?

So how hard is the Mysterious Figure when you play as Terra against him? I've heard MF is a complete nightmare with Terra since he has no i-frames to help make the fight easier. The reason I ask is because...well...I plan to finish up with BBSFM on my lvl 1 run (I finished all the story bosses. I just have to defeat al the optional ones at lvl 1 now) and I heard MF is really hard with Terra. SO for those of you who have fought against him with Terra...how tough is he with him?

It's not so much Terra has no i-frames as it is him lacking the i-frames that Ven's Dodge Roll and Aqua's Cartwheel have, meaning he can get snagged in between Slides. With Ven and Aqua, you can spam Square to (almost?) never die since you'll (almost?) always have active i-frames (including the very start and end of those animations--of course, I'm not talking about Thunder Roll or Firewheel since those have no i-frames), something Terra doesn't have with his Slide. That automatically means you have a higher chance of dying as Terra, especially since MF is very aggressive.

Of course, you can time Slides to evade some attacks, but it isn't as mindless as Ven or Aqua. You just can't get away with "spam Square to not die" as easily (if at all).

Edited by dabestgamer

His dodges have to be better timed and executed but the key to beating MF with Terra lies in offense. If you take the offensive and Thunder Surge with every single chance available the battle can finish rather quickly. I don't how that strategy works in a LV1 run but that's how I beat MF with Terra.

I actually beat MF with Terra for the first time a week ago. It took me an entire 8 hrs to do it too lol. He just moves so slow compared to the others, and I found that some of his (MF) attacks are impossible to dodge unless you spam thunder surge or curaga. The stupid sphere laser things and the countdown attack got me constantly. It got to the point where I had to just attack rapidly and hope he didn't get a chance to use those attacks. That bad thing is I won completely by accident. I was a nervous wreck and he was invisible, I kept spamming thunder surge and he finally lost xD.

I did notice that apparently certain commands cause him to have different attack patterns. For instance, I had Ice slide attatched (just because), and when I did, he spammed the move where you have to mash the "x" button before time runs out. However, when I replaced ice slide with regular slide, he did the move where he jumps up and makes a flaming "x" more often.

How hard is Mysterious Figure with Terra? Haha, really?

*Laughs hard then goes into a corner and cradles myself, crying....*

Okay...it's not that it's impossible, but the fight is soooo hard using Terra! It was a total nightmare trying to beat the Mysterious Figure! But the key to defeating him with Terra is to time your Dodging slides really well, and finding the opportune moment to block some of his attacks! Then it's Thunder Surge all the way till he breaks! xD

Good luck, Tails, I truly wish you the best of luck!

it's a poorly designed boss so right off the bat it's got it's issues.

mainly for terra you just have to time your dodges better as opposed to spamming them relentlessly with Ven and Aqua. 

as for offensive strategies just stick with the surge abilities and then it becomes a game of "wait for the few moves that give you an opening."

So how hard is the Mysterious Figure when you play as Terra against him? I've heard MF is a complete nightmare with Terra since he has no i-frames to help make the fight easier. The reason I ask is because...well...I plan to finish up with BBSFM on my lvl 1 run (I finished all the story bosses. I just have to defeat al the optional ones at lvl 1 now) and I heard MF is really hard with Terra. SO for those of you who have fought against him with Terra...how tough is he with him?

It wasn't hard to me you just need to be more aggressive when fighting him. Also, take off Impact Slide or whatever it's called because you can spam normal slide more and it's faster too.

It wasn't hard to me you just need to be more aggressive when fighting him. Also, take off Impact Slide or whatever it's called because you can spam normal slide more and it's faster too.

Good call. Sonic Impact will just leave you more vulnerable to getting rekt.

Obviously Second Chance, Once More, Leaf Bracer, Reload Boost and Attack/Magic Hastes. Also if he gets funky with his attacks (namely when the clones go crazy on you), you might end up getting killed even with Once More, but then you just hope that doesn't happen.

Also, use Air Slide over Ice Slide. It lasts a bit longer or more i-frames or something like that.

Also just pray he doesn't just spam Tornado/Mega Flare/Meteor in the second phase, because it's annoying af when he does that and you just burn through all your Curagas x.x

Oh yeah, Heal Strike might be useful since you're invincible throughout it and LV1 buffs your finishers so it should still do some damage if you can hit him, plus it's another way to heal (on top of Cures and Renewal Barrier).

Also D-Links make him use Vanish faster.

Edited by Xiro