Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Which is your favorite Star Wars movie?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Star Wars movie?

• The Phantom Menace (I)
    • Attack of the Clones (II)
    • Revenge of the Sith (III)
    • A New Hope (IV)
    • The Empire Strikes Back (V)
    • Return of the Jedi (VI)
    • The Force Awakens (VII)
    • Rogue One
    • I don't like Star Wars.
    • Something else? Share below!

I don't like Star Wars, unless it's the Lego video games, and so none of them are my favorite. And don't try and say that I am wrong for not liking Star Wars, I just have a lot of reasons why I don't like it like how a lot of you would say that you dislike what I like. Let's just be civilized and understand not everyone has to like the same things as you.

Haven't seen Rouge One yet *cries* Why dammit whyyyyyyy but I have to give it to Empire Strikes Back. You can't go wrong with that one. The darker tone, the battle on Hoth, the introduction of Yoda, Luke getting his hand cut off, the classic father twist, Han going on ice, and so many other things I could pick out.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Haven't seen Rouge One yet *cries* Why dammit whyyyyyyy but I have to give it Empire Strikes Back. You can't go wrong with that one. It's darker, it's impactful, it has the battle on Hoth, the introduction of Yoda, Luke getting his hand cut off, the classic father twist, Han going on ice, and so many other moments I could pick out.

It's got so many iconic characters and scenes that it's easily one of the most well-known movies on the planet. It's a classic.

The Empire Strikes Back is not only my favorite Star Wars movie, but my favorite movie of all time. Everything about it is absolutely incredible all these years later. I've seen it too many times to count, but it still keeps me on the edge of my seat from Luke's journey through Hoth all the way up to the escape from Cloud City. It brought so many memorable lines ("Do or do not. There is no try," being one of my absolute favorites), a lot of fast-paced and exciting moments (The Battle of Hoth, Luke's training on Dagobah, the rest of the group's escape from the Empire, and one more that I really have to give its own focus instead of putting it with everything else), and was a real emotional ride.

And of course, Luke's encounter with Vader is still quite possibly my absolute favorite moment in the entire history of film. The setting, the tone, the way their battle and conversation are conducted, and the now-immortal quote "No, I am your father" all go together to make an absolutely perfect conclusion to the movie. I get chills every time I see it.

... And in case anyone couldn't tell, I could really keep gushing about this movie, but this isn't the time nor place (too bad my whole Star Wars series review idea didn't really take off and work out...). Star Wars is something I'm really passionate about, and it's a really big part of my life, and Empire Strikes Back really is the pinnacle of it all for me. I love all seven movies (or eight now with Rogue One... this is going to be fun to adjust to), but Empire is hands-down my favorite.

Holiday Special

I can never escape from this nightmare. ;_;

I don't like Star Wars, unless it's the Lego video games, and so none of them are my favorite. And don't try and say that I am wrong for not liking Star Wars, I just have a lot of reasons why I don't like it like how a lot of you would say that you dislike what I like. Let's just be civilized and understand not everyone has to like the same things as you.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

The Empire Strikes back followed closely by Revenge of the Sith. Overall it is one of my favorite film franchises, and dare I say it, I really hope it finds a way into KH.

*immediately gets on bus to no where*

TPM all day, every day. Though TFA is a close second and I also adore ANH. Rogue One's cool. The others are... Kinda boring.

Why is The Clone Wars movie not an option, though? Had a theatrical release and all.

TPM all day, every day. Though TFA is a close second and I also adore ANH. Rogue One's cool. The others are... Kinda boring.

You think Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and even Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith are boring but your favorite is War Negotiations: The Movie.

Your lack of faith is not disturbing, but it is still deeply confusing...

You think Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and even Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith are boring but your favorite is War Negotiations: The Movie.

Your lack of faith is not disturbing, but it is still deeply confusing...

My favorite thing about SW is character interactions, it's why I fell in love with The Clone Wars as a kid, and why Rebels is my favorite thing to ever come out of the franchise.

Luke spends the entirety of ESB away from Han and Leia, who also get separated by the end of it, and the two of them don't really interact with anyone besides Lando, even if I adore him (because the OT treats Chewie as window dressing instead of a character). RotJ isn't much better about the characters interacting (though Luke and Vader are so, so good there). AotC and RotS suffer the same issue, more or less.

TPM, ANH and TFA all have plenty of character relationships and I adore all of them (esp Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, Padmé and Anakin, Luke and Han, Rey and Finn, Rey and Han and Han and Chewie), Rogue One is all about its core group, plus Jyn and both her father and Saw. It's different, and I appreciate it so much more. TPM and TFA are mostly tied, but I'm feeling TPM more recently.

...and that was way deeper of an explanation than anyone wanted.

My favorite thing about SW is character interactions, it's why I fell in love with The Clone Wars as a kid, and why Rebels is my favorite thing to ever come out of the franchise.

Luke spends the entirety of ESB away from Han and Leia, who also get separated by the end of it, and the two of them don't really interact with anyone besides Lando, even if I adore him (because the OT treats Chewie as window dressing instead of a character). RotJ isn't much better about the characters interacting (though Luke and Vader are so, so good there). AotC and RotS suffer the same issue, more or less.

TPM, ANH and TFA all have plenty of character relationships and I adore all of them (esp Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, Padmé and Anakin, Luke and Han, Rey and Finn, Rey and Han and Han and Chewie), Rogue One is all about its core group, plus Jyn and both her father and Saw. It's different, and I appreciate it so much more. TPM and TFA are mostly tied, but I'm feeling TPM more recently.

...and that was way deeper of an explanation than anyone wanted.

Okay, but you know what might be more important than having every character talking to each other in every scene possible?

Being a good movie.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is my all time favorite Star Wars film in the franchise!!! One of my reasons why I love the so much was because it's the Star Wars film of how and why Anakin Skywalker officially fall into the dark side. It's the episode where Anakin dies and he is reborn as Darth Vader, it's also how Anakin falls and Darth Vader rises. And it's the episode where we see the brotherhood relationship between Anakin and Obi Wan fall as well. The fight scene between Anakin and Obi Wan in Episode III still gets me because I see those two build a strong relationship in Episode I and Episode II but then that relationship falls apart and it still makes me sad, especially since I know what happens to Obi Wan in Episode IV. In my opinion, Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars in the series.

Empire strikes back all the way, any other opinion is invalidated especially if it's TFA or as I like to call A New Hope 2, return of the empire tagline "third times the charm"