Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Tetsuya Nomura confirms Riku's new outfit in Kingdom Hearts III from KHX 3rd anniversary artwork; King Mickey also receives a new outfit in Kingdom...

In an interview with Dengeki Online, Tetsuya Nomura, director of the Kingdom Hearts series, was able to discuss a bit about Kingdom Hearts III alongside Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. In the interview, Riku's new outfit for Kingdom Hearts III was touched upon a bit. Tetsuya Nomura confirms to Dengeki Online that Riku's new outfit has been completed, and that it's indeed based off of the Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] 3rd anniversary artwork from July of 2016. Nomura also confirms that King Mickey also receives a new outfit for Kingdom Hearts III.

The direct quote for the interview can be found below with translations thanks to Catherine Mueller (nichiei.translations@gmail.com).

--There was also a scene with Riku and the King in new clothes, and I'm looking forward to their debut in [KHIII].

The costume design is already done, and it's really nice. Just between you and me, the outfit that Riku is wearing in the [KH X] three-year anniversary illustration was used as the base.

Posted Image

Click here to view the article

Love the idea of adding customization for Kingdom Hearts 3. It could be really great. Also, I love how Riku, Kairi and King Mickey will recieve new outfites for the third installment. Makes me even more excited for more KH3 news next year. :D

So I'm guessing then that Kairi will also have a different outfit and will probably be based on the one that she is wearing in this artwork as well which is cool.  Also Mickey getting a new outfit is nice as well and customization also being a possibility in KH3 is cool!

So I'm guessing then that Kairi will also have a different outfit and will probably be based on the one that she is wearing in this artwork as well which is cool. Also Mickey getting a new outfit is nice as well and customization also being a possibility in KH3 is cool!

I'm not too crazy about Kairi's TBH. It looks way too similar to her KH2 outfit, the others at least have easily discernable differences. I could immediatly pick out the differences between Riku's outfits, but for Kairi I can really only see the them when they're side-by-side. It'd be fine if they just added some light pinkish-purple, both to call back to her original KH outfit and to set it apart from her KH2 one.

That's awesome! But what about Kairi? I think she'll have a new outfit as well. Donald, Goofy, and Lea should get new outfit's too since Kingdom Hearts 3 is a brand new chapter. Can't wait see Riku and Mickey's new outfits in a more clear way!

That's awesome! But what about Kairi? I think she'll have a new outfit as well. Donald, Goofy, and Lea should get new outfit's too since Kingdom Hearts 3 is a brand new chapter. Can't wait see Riku and Mickey's new outfits in a more clear way!

I'm fine with Donald and Goofy staying the way they are now, they never get new outfits anyway, except in certain scenes or when visiting special worlds. Mickey on the other has had a different outfit in almost every game. I agree on Lea though, like Riku, he no longer belongs to the darkness, so he should ditch the coat. Only Keyblade weilders (and occasiionally FFVII chars) get cool new clothes!

I'm not too crazy about Kairi's TBH. It looks way too similar to her KH2 outfit, the others at least have easily discernable differences. I could immediatly pick out the differences between Riku's outfits, but for Kairi I can really only see the them when they're side-by-side. It'd be fine if they just added some light pinkish-purple, both to call back to her original KH outfit and to set it apart from her KH2 one.

You can't Jude it yet since we have only seen a small part of it, it could be completely different below the torso.

What about Roland and going, they have been wearing the same thing for since the first game.

inb4 Customization is bad because it breaks canon and takes away from the characters

It's great that we have a glimpse of Riku's outfit now, and I wonder how Mickey's gonna look like. One thing is for sure, though: I can't wait to see emotional cutscenes be destroyed by someone giving Sora a ridiculous outfit.

Wait, you're telling me that those aren't the actual outfits for Kairi and Riku?

Well, in that case, I hope Kairi's new outfit is colored purple. Also hoping the ears stay on her hood.

Wait, you're telling me that those aren't the actual outfits for Kairi and Riku?

Well, in that case, I hope Kairi's new outfit is colored purple. Also hoping the ears stay on her hood.

So pretty much that outfit in the 3rd anniversary confirmes Riku´s new outfit or it´s simliar to that one?

no those are the actual outfits for kh3  the art was just teaser of it weill see riku in o.2 and kairi in kh3

Guess he's still working on Kairi's outfit as well, but that's great to hear that he's finishing Riku, and that Mickey is getting a new outfit as well. You can really tell it's a huge numbered title when everyone is getting new outfits...except for Donald and Goofy, lol.

no all he costumes designs are finished

Thanks for this awesome news, Jake! It brought a big smile to my face! :D

I'm so psyched! I'm really glad that the X Art design for Riku is his Kingdom Hearts III attire, and the fact that Mickey's gonna get new duds as well makes me even more excited! Hopefully, Kairi's attire in the X Art is also her legit design! And we can assume that Ventus there gets a new outfit as well!  Gahh, I'm so happy!

See, fellas? Even though it's a tiny detail, this is still something Kingdom Hearts III related that Nomura divulged to us before the end of the new year, and I for one, thank him! Can't wait for more information going into 2017! :D