Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Jake

New Kingdom Hearts series memorial stained glass clock to be showcased on January 9, 2017 at Shinjuku Station in Japan for series 15th anniversary

Square Enix has just updated their Japanese Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue website with a link to a new memorial site for the Kingdom Hearts series 15th Anniversary containing details on a new Kingdom Hearts series memorial stained glass clock. This stained glass clock will be showcased at Shinjuku Station in Japan from January 9th, 2017 until January 15th, 2017 as part of the series' 15th anniversary. It will also feature a large video screen featuring moments from the Kingdom Hearts and a mural honoring characters and moments from the series.

The website features the tagline "The story starts moving again."

Pictures, such as Kingdom Hearts characters from the past 15 years were also exhibited. Check it out below. This will be exhibited as a mural painting.

Posted Image

004005006007008009010011012013014015017019709dd42adisplayexampleswallC1rTAT UsAE81JhC1rdOqAUAAA805HC1rdP9wUkAE6WrwC1rdRRlUUAA4iC3C1rdSqEUsAAr4LqC1reEoWVIAA3MimC1re F VEAA3sYkC1re F VEAEbZXmC1re F9UQAAQpBC1re F9UQAE CBxC1rfmv6UoAACN0fC1rfn2lVIAEcEb5C1rfo5mVEAA2Iv5C1rfp7NUUAARXYtC1rVocDUAAAOoSC1rYVwrUsAA516eC1rj h9UQAAlrnnC1rkXe5VEAAXULKC1rkXe6VIAAdXZvC1rkXe9UsAAMVQmC1rll55VEAQr1xMC1rll57UUAAVQljC1rll57VEAAM4yVC1rll58UoAAqD PC1rkXRvUcAAG6GuNomura 2NomuraC1sGxQdVQAA234pC1sGxQlUoAAMAoPC1sGxQnUoAEeb1YC1sGfXjUoAA8pPfC1sGfY1UcAAs0cpC1sGfY5UsAE6P6gNomura 3Nomura 3Nomura 4L 5872f6050cd9d

There is also a Twitter campaign related to the memorial clock. The campaign invites people to take pictures in person with the memorial clock or to use one of the prepared stained glass images given on the official site with the hashtag #キングダムハーツ15周年.

All promotional images including the poster for the Twitter campaign can be found below thanks to 4Gamer.

UPDATE 1: The Kingdom Hearts Memorial Clock is now set up and open to the public! The website has also been updated to include a virtual version of the clock featuring all the games in the Kingdom Hearts series with short video clips and images. They've also added a link to easily participate in the previously mentioned Twitter campaign if you cannot make it to the Memorial Clock in person. A video and image of the Memorial Clock have been provided thanks to Twitter user @pi_su05 and more images of the display have been provided thanks to Twitter users @mti_k_h, @Soichiro_Sun, @Jixon_Livermore, and @adachi813! Thank you to Churro and KH Destiny for the tips!

UPDATE 2: There are a few comments by series director Tetsuya Nomura that have appeared on the video screens at the Exhibit! Images are thanks to Twitter users @ArikaMiz and @sonzaisinaimono and English translations have been provided by Catherine Mueller (nichiei.translations@gmail.com).

For the game player, the Final Fantasy characters are their childhood friends, but that's not the same for the Kingdom Hearts characters we introduced. They're original in their birth and ages, and we introduced them with a different goal in mind. I think that the individuality of these characters and meeting them is one adventure to look forward to.

--Kingdom Hearts Series Director, Nomura Tetsuya

We received a feeling of exhilaration with a simple creation. We've been working on this concept for a long time. Even for people who aren't good at games, just by touching it, you can run around as you please, and you can bring forth flashy, beautiful effects like falling branches. The battles tend to be brutal, but I think the item that will help you avoid feeling that is the Keyblade.

Even if you try to live a just life these days, just by that you'll wear yourself out. The feeling of leaving the road you should travel on is a strangely sweet one. I think that's the kind of existence they have.

I say that “Sora is a normal boy,” but there are surely people who feel uneasy about that statement. He holds many hearts inside of him and continues adventures through a dream-like world--how is that “normal”? By putting it simply, surely everyone lives while feeling the emotions in someone else's heart, and they should all be on their own adventure. With that in mind, Sora is just like any other boy. From here on, just like everyone else, Sora will have many experiences, and as he experiences empathy he surely will grow, but I think he will remain a normal boy in everyone's hearts.

UPDATE 3: Famitsu has reported that the Kingdom Hearts Memorial Clock exhibit has 5 themes: "Sora's memories", "Ones who doesn't exist", "Keyblade", "Final Fantasy", and "The World of Kingdom Hearts".

UPDATE 4: The Kingdom Hearts Memorial Clock Twitter campaign winners have received their memorial clocks on March 31st! View images of them below, provided by @Yamato_exe1126, @carie810, @peto_margherita, @sakuny_heart, and @Noir_plus on Twitter:

carie810carie810(2)peto_margheritasakuny heartsakuny heart(2)sakuny heart(3)sakuny heart(4)sakuny heart(5)sakuny heart(6)yamato_exe1126yamato exe1126(2)yamato exe1126(3)yamato exe1126(4)yamato exe1126(5)peto margherita(2)IMG 8389IMG 8390IMG 8391

Click here to view the article

That's two Chain of Memories ones, two DDD ones, two Days ones, one for coded, one for khux/khx, and two BBS ones. Are they actually acknowledging the games that aren't KH1 and KH2 in this stuff now?? I'm glad. And wow Xion's and Aqua's are so pretty.

Rob loves how Aqua is in the middle in the character chart with Sora next to her. Rob loves Aqua's stained glass. Rob loves how Sora's stained glass points to Aqua. Rob loves how Aqua is the most most focused in the countdown screen.

Year of Aqua is here!

PS: Love how the stained glasses show the whole series in a circle.

It's happening... Kingdom Hearts III... it's happening...

Just looking at this makes me want to cry happy tears 

; ______________________________ ;

I just still can't believe it's been 15 years since KH1 

Look how close we became in all those years!!! <333

These stained glass exhibit is just so beautiful and I really can't wait what's to come in the future!!

The fact that a huge part of Sora's arc is learning empathy is. So good. KH2 REALLY stepped out on that one by not having Sora question himself on Nobodies even after Axel dies for him/Roxas, but DDD managed to come back to that in an amazing way, and I can't wait to see Sora keep growing like that. I feel like it has to be a huge part of his arc in KH3, considering following his heart brought him to darkness in DDD but Data-Ansem says he needs to follow his heart in order to save the people who need him.

All that is to say, I liked Nomura's little comments.