Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey there everyone, how's it going!? So then, here's Part 2 of my two part review of Final Fantasy XV! This video goes into the cons I have on the game! Enjoy! :D

Even with the flaws I mentioned, Final Fantasy XV is still an amazing game, and an ambitious one at that! So 7.9 out of 10 is my final rating!

So, what did you all think about the game? Did it meet your expectations or exceed them? Let me know! :D

Although Final Fantasy XV was my favorite entry in the series, I will definitely agree that the game failed to deliver in the story at all. I was proud of all the parts up to the train segment; as confused by the boys by Ardyn's scheming, as compassionate and sad for a certain member's struggle, and as enraged against the empire as ever. Then my expectations went south. I thought we'd infiltrate Niflheim, bust some robot heads, and figure out who Ardyn is once and for all. All the while the Plague of Stars had begun to affect time in game, and the nights became more and more dangerous. Instead, we just got a mass slew of things that were explained less in dialogue and cutscenes then in some papers you find in the game. Some parts were hit on the nail when it came to feeling, but were totally incohesive. There was literally only two required Nohrian bases in the entire story, and... Of course, Ravus. And, the fact that these damn chapters were way too short to begin with irked me as well. The end chapters didn't even last twenty minutes each.

Overall, everything up to the Altissia part was absolutely stunning. However, I'm willing to admit that FFXV's shortcomings in its final chapters.

Worst thing about the game is that it's just too short and too small. The map was meant to be bigger than witcher 3, GTA 5 and Skyrim, yet most of it is dead space. When you leave Lucis you are like "damn now this game is just getting started lets go!"

But that's literally it. In FF7 when you leave Midgar you see how big the map is and how much there is to explore, FF15 is underwhelming in terms of the story and where you go.

In 9, 10 and 8 you travel all around the world to accomplish your goals, FF15 is too short to create any impactful moments besides the ending.

Like wow, I can explore Duscae and Leide....That's it, you can't go to Tenebrae or outside of Altissia or hop off the train and go to different cities. It's extremely disappointing.

At least 13 feels like one big adventure, if you only did the story of 15 you could beat it in like 15 hours.

That point when you realize the sad reality that the game was only really in actual physical development for 3 years while the ideas where the stuff that was knocked around for all 10. Still a really great game, but man, they really sacrificed too much of the story and characters just to make it a fun open-world westernized road trip. Hope they can rectify most of this with DLC this year.

That point when you realize the sad reality that the game was only really in actual physical development for 3 years while the ideas where the stuff that was knocked around for all 10. Still a really great game, but man, they really sacrificed too much of the story and characters just to make it a fun open-world westernized road trip. Hope they can rectify most of this with DLC this year.

Not even 3, the e3 2013 trailer was using a different engine.

Ugghhh, seriously? Man, just give me a few new areas, a bajillion cutscnes, a 2nd final boss form, and a non-canon dlc level based on famous Versus XIII stuff and I'll be satisfied. Cause this game deserved a lot more time. I get the need to rush it's release after it had been lost in development hell for more than 7 years, but Miamoto really does speak words of wisdom with his whole "eventually good" quote. Yeah you should figure things out like story, characters, and concepts quicker than 7 years, but the dev team should be given whatever time they need to make the actual game play, look, and work well.

Yeah, took like six months of porting assets to just get started. So horrible.

Ugghhh, seriously? Man, just give me a few new areas, a bajillion cutscnes, a 2nd final boss form, and a non-canon dlc level based on famous Versus XIII stuff and I'll be satisfied. Cause this game deserved a lot more time. I get the need to rush it's release after it had been lost in development hell for more than 7 years, but Miamoto really does speak words of wisdom with his whole "eventually good" quote. Yeah you should figure things out like story, characters, and concepts quicker than 7 years, but the dev team should be given whatever time they need to make the actual game play, look, and work well.

The concept and story were all finished by like 2010 or 2011. Since they weren't all able to be used in game though, they had to rework it all. SE, Sakaguchi, and Tabata probably wanted the game not to be a series too, thanks to the flack XIII got, even though knowing Nomura it may have had a XV-2.

The gameplay was absolutely fantastic though. I'll give Tabata props for that.

The concept and story were all finished by like 2010 or 2011. Since they weren't all able to be used in game though, they had to rework it all. SE, Sakaguchi, and Tabata probably wanted the game not to be a series too, thanks to the flack XIII got, even though knowing Nomura it may have had a XV-2.

Sakaguchi? He left in 2004 lmao

Yes, it was running off of the Ebony Engine. If it had come out in 2017 or even 2018 the hype may have died out and people would start moaning like they do with KH3.

This game was always in a development hell, even when the game was rebranded the staff were tired and exhausted.

I like the game, but I'm glad this whole fiasco is over. I'd love to focus on Hiroyuki Ito's FF16 (hopefully) and Nomura's FF7 remake.

Having this game in 3 parts like they wanted to originally would have made the story way better.

Although Final Fantasy XV was my favorite entry in the series, I will definitely agree that the game failed to deliver in the story at all. I was proud of all the parts up to the train segment; as confused by the boys by Ardyn's scheming, as compassionate and sad for a certain member's struggle, and as enraged against the empire as ever. Then my expectations went south. I thought we'd infiltrate Niflheim, bust some robot heads, and figure out who Ardyn is once and for all. All the while the Plague of Stars had begun to affect time in game, and the nights became more and more dangerous. Instead, we just got a mass slew of things that were explained less in dialogue and cutscenes then in some papers you find in the game. Some parts were hit on the nail when it came to feeling, but were totally incohesive. There was literally only two required Nohrian bases in the entire story, and... Of course, Ravus. And, the fact that these damn chapters were way too short to begin with irked me as well. The end chapters didn't even last twenty minutes each.

Overall, everything up to the Altissia part was absolutely stunning. However, I'm willing to admit that FFXV's shortcomings in its final chapters.

Yeah, well, we got what we got, and while it's still an amazing game, a lot of the original story was sacrificed in order to meet a deadline, ya know? It's pretty sad that we didn't get to see the full scope of what this game could have been, but hopefully, these DLC story bits will help flesh out the story of the game a bit more, ya know? And even so, I think that DLC story bits shouldn't be a thing. The story should be in the main game in the first place!  But, for what it's worth, FFXV was indeed an amazing game, and it carried the theme of brotherhood with the four protagonists admirably, and provided an entertaining villain in Ardyn! Just wished the ride would've been longer, ya know?

Worst thing about the game is that it's just too short and too small. The map was meant to be bigger than witcher 3, GTA 5 and Skyrim, yet most of it is dead space. When you leave Lucis you are like "damn now this game is just getting started lets go!"

But that's literally it. In FF7 when you leave Midgar you see how big the map is and how much there is to explore, FF15 is underwhelming in terms of the story and where you go.

In 9, 10 and 8 you travel all around the world to accomplish your goals, FF15 is too short to create any impactful moments besides the ending.

Like wow, I can explore Duscae and Leide....That's it, you can't go to Tenebrae or outside of Altissia or hop off the train and go to different cities. It's extremely disappointing.

At least 13 feels like one big adventure, if you only did the story of 15 you could beat it in like 15 hours.

Yeah, I know what you mean! A lot of things changed during development, and well, the game resulted in what it is now. It was indeed short, and I was surprised by how fast I would clear the game's chapters! By the time I reached the end, I was like: "Wait, what? This quickly?" Like I mentioned in my video, the reason I finished the game in 30 hours is because I did some sidequests and exploring in addition to the main story! If I had just done the story missions, I would have probably finished it in less!

FFXV is amazing, but it could have been so much more, ya know? But, at least it served its purpose in ensuring that Final Fantasy as a franchise remains strong, ya know? FFVII Remake, FFXVI and all other FF entries moving forward can keep building up their momentum to carry on the legacy of the series, ya know?

And yes, XIII was awesome! :3

Indeed!  But hey, on the bright side, it's as you said, the game is pretty darn badass, but it sacrificed a lot along the way! But hopefully, Square will take a page from this and ensure that their next Final Fantasy is a more complete adventure, ya know?