Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

Pre-download for Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue now available

Is this playable yet?

No, this just makes in so people in Japan won't have to wait for the game to download after release and can play it as soon as it's available. Other countries will likely get the same thing closer to the 24th.

No, this just makes in so people in Japan won't have to wait for the game to download after release and can play it as soon as it's available. Other countries will likely get the same thing closer to the 24th.

How does it work though? Does the PS4 check the PSN to determine if it's already playable?

How does it work though? Does the PS4 check the PSN to determine if it's already playable?

Yes, probably. They're aware of the release date, I'm sure they have a way to lock the game until that day has come. With PlayStation you have to install the game even if you have a physical copy, and both digital and physical copies allow you to play the game while it's installing in the background once a game as released, so the instal data must not the same as the playable data,

In a way, I'm surprised the game only came out to 2.328 GB, especially with the new graphics for Back Cover and BBS 0.2. Although, I'm not surprised if DDD came out to be really small based on the fact that KH1.5 and 2.5 use the same graphics and could all fit into one disc for the March release. But Back Cover and BBS 0.2 should amount to way more data with the level of graphics those games have, although I have limited understanding of gaming software back end and how data works from that perspective.

Either way, the hype is real! Jealous of everyone who opted for the download version. Can't wait til my Amazon JP preorder of the physical edition ships @___@ hoping to get it by Thursday or Friday so i'll get to play it before the influx of spoiler uploads lol

In a way, I'm surprised the game only came out to 2.328 GB, especially with the new graphics for Back Cover and BBS 0.2. Although, I'm not surprised if DDD came out to be really small based on the fact that KH1.5 and 2.5 use the same graphics and could all fit into one disc for the March release. But Back Cover and BBS 0.2 should amount to way more data with the level of graphics those games have, although I have limited understanding of gaming software back end and how data works from that perspective.

Either way, the hype is real! Jealous of everyone who opted for the download version. Can't wait til my Amazon JP preorder of the physical edition ships @___@ hoping to get it by Thursday or Friday so i'll get to play it before the influx of spoiler uploads lol

Well, think about how long each of those is, 0.2 is only 3-4 hours long and BC is a roughly hour long non-playable cinematic. While the graphics are much higher quality they're much shorter. It's like... think of it this way DDD is water and 0.2 and BC are heavy cream, one is thicker so it takes up more volume but pour an ounce of heavy cream into a jug and a gallon of water in a different jug of the same size and the water jug will stil be much more full than the jug of cream.

Well, think about how long each of those is, 0.2 is only 3-4 hours long and BC is a roughly hour long non-playable cinematic. While the graphics are much higher quality they're much shorter. It's like... think of it this way DDD is water and 0.2 and BC are heavy cream, one is thicker so it takes up more volume but pour an ounce of heavy cream into a jug and a gallon of water in a different jug of the same size and the water jug will stil be much more full than the jug of cream.

I cant say I've ever thought to compare KH to cream and water LOL (well, maybe the water part in other contexts like the sea har har har...) I get it though, the comparison haha 0.2 and BC are definitely denser to a certain extent in terms of graphics. 

I wonder if Square Enix considered putting 2.8 into the same disc as 1.5 and 2.5 too lol might've fit considering how much room a blu-ray disc has! Although the money...

I have a question regarding the PS4. (I'm new at this and don't have one yet.)

If I did get the Physical Copy of 2.8 or any other PS4 game, I don't have to install it on the console right?

No, like I said in my earlier reply, you still have to install the game even with a physical copy, this helps reduce load times, however, after a minimum amount of data has been installed, you can play the came while it continues to install in the background. Edited by Isamu Kuno

No, like I said in my earlier reply, you still have to install the game even with a physical copy, this helps reduce load times, however, after a minimum amount of data has been installed, you can play the came while it continues to install in the background.

So that means I have to buy both copies to reduce loading times? This also applies to other games not relating to 2.8? 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

So that means I have to buy both copies to reduce loading times? This also applies to other games not relating to 2.8? 

Nope, the install on all PS4 games is included on the disc itself. :)

As one can see in the screenshots the full size is 28 GB, but the PS4 allows you to download the first 2 GB in order to start playing it already without having to wait for the whole game to be downloaded.

As one can see in the screenshots the full size is 28 GB, but the PS4 allows you to download the first 2 GB in order to start playing it already without having to wait for the whole game to be downloaded.

That makes a lot more sense, I was like, I get the graphics on 3D were less detailed than Back Cover and 0.2, but for all that to fit in 2GB called for seriously questionable quality if that was it. I've avoided literally all screenshots and spoilers so far so I missed that one lol

My Amazon order just shipped! Can't wait to start playing this on Friday... even though I'm so backlogged on my other games... FFXV, WoFF, Pokemon...

Edited by blue490246