Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
neil98

Tetsuya Nomura interviewed in latest issue of Famitsu about Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura has been interviewed by Famitsu in their January 26th edition, which will be available January 12th. In this interview, Nomura talks about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue along with Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Thanks to @xenosaga for the tip.

586fc442d34a1586fc442dc13e586fc442da201

Click here to view the article

Apparently, there's spoilers for 2.8 in the interview, you don't mind translating all the non-spoiler stuff?

Here's the highlights from Nomura's interview from Siliconera:

Famitsu: This year is Kingdom Hearts’ 15th, Final Fantasy VII’s 20th, Final Fantasy’s 30th anniversaries. Tell us more about those.

Tetsuya Nomura: “First, we’ll release Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 in January, then we have Final Fantasy VII’s snow exhibit at the Snow Festival in Sapporo in February, and in March we have the release of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix and the start of the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra World Tour. We might also be able to do something at Disney’s “D23” event. We’re also waiting on the start of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ’s second season.”

Will there be a bundle that has all the contents from Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD Remix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8?

“The timing doesn’t work out for us this time around, so we won’t release anything like a complete pack, but we’ve prepared a box that allows you to put in both software, something you often see with DVDs and such. It’ll likely be an e-Store bonus.”

What’s the development status on Kingdom Hearts III?

“The production process is different than what we’ve had up until now, so I can’t just give you a general idea, but I can say that there are worlds that still remain untouched. We’ve advanced on the production of worlds that have yet to be announced, so we can’t show them for now. As far as development status goes, there’s still a ways to go.”

What’s the development status on Final Fantasy VII Remake?

“We’re making steady progress on its production. While we are indeed working on it, I think we’ll have you guys wait a little longer for both Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake.

I do apologize for that, but we’ll make up for it by making it into something that will meet expectations.

We didn’t share much information on either of the two titles last year, but I hope to show its progress at some event this year.

The release of these titles will still be a while. However, we have many titles releasing this year, and we hope you look forward to any ‘surprises’.”

Thanks for the translations, but...

"...there are worlds that still remain untouched."

Seriously, what the FIRETRUCK are they doing over there!?!? Realistically KH3 was never going to come out in 2017, but now December 31st, 2018 would be a dream come true.

I'm suddenly having Versus XIII flashbacks...

Thanks for the translations, but...

"...there are worlds that still remain untouched."

Seriously, what the FIRETRUCK are they doing over there!?!? Realistically KH3 was never going to come out in 2017, but now December 31st, 2018 would be a dream come true.

I'm suddenly having Versus XIII flashbacks...

Good games take time to make. I can wait.

As for his statements on FF7 remake and KH3. I honestly don't mind, he said he's going to show off progress and give us news multiple times.

People in the NC comment section are cancelling 2.8 pre-orders and cursing his name. Over what? Oh and if you honestly thought that KH3 was STILL coming out in 2017 after all this time, then wow. Anyway, I did believe FF7R would come out this year but I'm assuming now that KH3 will be a summer 2018 release and FF7R will be a fall 2018 release. 

This is the same community that wants 20 worlds, 100 hours of sidequests and 50 hours of story yet is now complaining about how slow that BD3 are. 

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

Good games take time to make. I can wait.

Sorry, but false.

Duke Nukem Forever and Ultima 9 had long developments, and they were utter garbage. The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV had lengthy developments, and they were just okay games.

Uncharted 1, 2, 3, and 4 had considerably shorter development times, and they were all great.

Short development might be rushed, but long development loses focus. We should all be worried.

After 1.5 n' 2.5 we're announced for PS4 I wasn't expecting kh3 to release in 2017 with 2.8 also releasing in that year. But I must admit I wasn't expecting such a poor development update. "there are still worlds that remain untouched" yeah, it gives us a clear picture but did he really have to say that? Not nice to hear. Even late 2018 looks slightly unlikely with this statement. But it should be december 2018 latest imo,  

Sorry, but false.

Duke Nukem Forever and Ultima 9 had long developments, and they were utter garbage. The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV had lengthy developments, and they were just okay games.

Uncharted 1, 2, 3, and 4 had considerably shorter development times, and they were all great.

Short development might be rushed, but long development loses focus. We should all be worried.

Sorry, but false.

FF15's long development is not comparable to KH3 or FF7 remake in any way. 

KH3 has been a thing since 2013

FF7R has been a thing since late 2013/early 2014, but not really rolling until 2015.

FF15 has been a thing since 2006

4 years is nothing for KH3, saying that it's a 'long development time' is wrong. FF15 had long tech issues, story issues, director issues, team issues and fan issues. KH3 switched to UE4 to avoid tech issues and FF7R started on the UE4 to prevent any tech issues. Tetsuya understands the high fan demand and is not cracking under pressure. He's taking his time like he should

Oh and 'We should all be worried' is just a shock tactic, no one should be dictating how the community should feel. You'll end up creating a big snowball effect.

After 1.5 n' 2.5 we're announced for PS4 I wasn't expecting kh3 to release in 2017 with 2.8 also releasing in that year. But I must admit I wasn't expecting such a poor development update. "there are still worlds that remain untouched" yeah, it gives us a clear picture but did he really have to say that? Not nice to hear. Even late 2018 looks slightly unlikely with this statement. But it should be december 2018 latest imo,  

Clearly they haven't worked on all the worlds yet xD. Why would they?

I assumed they would have had different teams working on all the worlds at the same time. But I suppose having more people on a set few at a time makes a greater quality game. 

Considering they've had to make 2.8 I'm not surprised they are a little bit off. I can wait until 2020 if I have to, the only thing I ask for is just to see the game more often but he has said he'll show them when he gets a chance.

Looking forward to E3!  

Considering they've had to make 2.8 I'm not surprised they are a little bit off. I can wait until 2020 if I have to, the only thing I ask for is just to see the game more often but he has said he'll show them when he gets a chance.

Looking forward to E3!  

Yeah it'll be nice to get an update at E3 to see the improvements from the 2015 trailers with a new world reveal :) It was just that initial 'ughh my stomach' when he announced some worlds are untouched still making it sound super early in development. I understand you can wait for any year for the game to release, for my preference I will be feeling meh if it doesn't release by the end of 2018. 

Sorry, but false.

FF15's long development is not comparable to KH3 or FF7 remake in any way. 

KH3 has been a thing since 2013

FF7R has been a thing since late 2013/early 2014, but not really rolling until 2015.

FF15 has been a thing since 2006

4 years is nothing for KH3, saying that it's a 'long development time' is wrong. FF15 had long tech issues, story issues, director issues, team issues and fan issues. KH3 switched to UE4 to avoid tech issues and FF7R started on the UE4 to prevent any tech issues. Tetsuya understands the high fan demand and is not cracking under pressure. He's taking his time like he should

Oh and 'We should all be worried' is just a shock tactic, no one should be dictating how the community should feel. You'll end up creating a big snowball effect.

Lol I had to recheck what I wrote because you're responding to things I never said :D

I'm a KH fan. If it comes out in 2020, then I'll buy it, but that doesn't mean Nomura isn't above criticism. Nomura made Versus XIII take longer than it needed to. Yes, there were some things out of his control and that's fine, but then that's Square's fault. They shouldn't give Nomura (or anyone for that matter) multiple big projects.

If people are chill like you, then yeah there's nothing to worry about. But if you're a fan that thinks KH3 is 80% complete, be worried.

I can't say I'm not disappointed reading this. I was really hoping that I would have been able to play it this year (yeah I was one of those fools). "Development is going smoothly" seems more like a lie now. Well, whatever, the only thing we can do is wait for more information now... :P

I hope they take as much time as they need, I can wait. When it comes to the Kingdom Hearts series, I have the utmost faith in Noruma and his team. I truly believe that he cares about this series as if it were his own child (it some cases, it is). 

It's really hurtful to read. Like I'm okay having to wait as long as it pays off... the problem here for me personally is that I thought they were so much more advanced in development. Like having "worlds untouched" doesn't appeal to have the game on a considerable part of production. Sure it's looking great but like how many worlds is he talking about? How much longer do we have to wait. If everything is planned now (worlds, keyblades, abilities, etc.) and they only have to work on it then it will take it's time but it'll be OK. Like if they still had to select worlds, write parts of the story, etc. then it would be awful really. I just hope it's a loooong looong game to compensate for the waited time... (as of now it seems that way so YAY!) :D

I always believed that they are currently 50% finished and I still think that. It just seems that they need more time for the other 50%. Nomura sounds like they are going through an untypical development process. It's absolutely okay as long as they really pay attention to detail and deliver the charme the original Disney movies had.

But my biggest fear is that it may end like FF15 or even MGS5. Winter 2018 should be the latest possible release, otherwise it doesn't look good. Let's hope for the best!

Whelp. I'll be in grad school and never have time to play it at this rate. Does square not understand people have lives? And why bother w/ the remasters at all if the stupid game is so far off. I wouldn't be surprised to see it canceled. I love the series so much, but there is no justification for whatever square and nomura are doing.

I can honestly say that I don't mind the wait for KHIII. I'm a patient person, plus I'll have 2.8 and 1.5 + 2.5 to pass the time. Mr. Nomura can take all the time he needs. :)

The Internet seriously needs more people like you. I've never understood all the hate people seem to have for the guy even trying to cast the minor problems of FFXV onto his shoulders which they already said are being fixed for free. Everyone needs to stop whining and just appreciate the teams taking all this time off from their own lives to create what are usually high quality games for a bunch of ungrateful fanboys!