Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Toominator

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue has officially released in Japan

As of 10:00am EST on 1/11/2017, it is January 12th in Japan, which means Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue has officially been released! This is the first new Kingdom Hearts release for consoles since 2012's Dream Drop Distance on the Nintendo 3DS, so many fans are excited about the release, but that also means spoilers will be across all platforms and social media outlets. To commemorate this release, we encourage you to join the discussion on our Kingdom Hearts 2.8 forum, but we will also be heavily enforcing policies regarding spoilers. Please read the spoiler policy here before posting to the forums.

Prior to the official release, the trophy lists for both Kingdom Hearts 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- and Kingdom Hearts HD Dream Drop Distance were revealed. Feel free to check out these lists and make a plan of action for completing the game!

(SPOILERS) One fan was also lucky enough to receive a copy of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 early, and they showed us the disc and provided some in-game screenshots of -A Fragmentary Passage-.  

We also want to warn fans of the possibility of the "lengthy scene leading into Kingdom Hearts III" being released across social media platforms. In addition to that, streamers are sure to be playing this game on Twitch, YouTube, and UStream, so be careful to avoid spoilers!

Congratulations to fans in Japan who are currently enjoying Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and may your hearts be your guiding key!

This post has been promoted to an article

I really wanted to play the Japanese version myself, but the way of getting Japanese PSN codes is such a hassle, I'm not happy about the process, but oh well. I anted to play this game before playing the English version.

Just out of curiosity have Square Enix removed the ability to purchase the game digitally on PS4? I made a Japanese Square Enix account today with the hopes of purchasing but I'm not getting any option to buy the game? Any help would be appreciated! 

Just out of curiosity have Square Enix removed the ability to purchase the game digitally on PS4? I made a Japanese Square Enix account today with the hopes of purchasing but I'm not getting any option to buy the game? Any help would be appreciated! 

I couldn't purchase it because I need a Japanese credit card.

I couldn't purchase it because I need a Japanese credit card.

You can if you make a japanese paypal and use your card details in that :) Anyway I figured out the problem they still had the preorder copy up and hadn't updated it so it wouldn't let me purchase

While this is all very exciting, I do not mind waiting for the international release.  Unlike past games, we are getting the 2.8 collection less than two weeks after the Japanese release, which is awesome.  Waiting 10 years for KH Final Mix and 7 years for KH2 Final Mix to release internationally was not fun, especially for those of us who were never able to get a Japanese PS2!