Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

In Response to All the "Kingdom Hearts Won't be on the Nintendo Switch" Comments

I understand the want for it, but I don't see it happening just because the switch will be a new console. Sure it can run it and all but I think square woukd stay away for the time being since not many people woukd have a switch. But I mean by all means if they releaseit oj the switch fantastix, I can then buy a switch and kh3 and get my mom into kh possibly. Heres to the future.

These past few weeks, I've been seeing quite a few comments from numerous people about how KHIII won't possibly come to the Switch, or people treating requests for it as more of a joke than anything else. What I think needs to be pointed out is that it's a really big assumption to jump to. It's been stated that the Switch is capable of running games made in Unreal Engine 4: the same engine Kingdom Hearts III is coming to. While we don't know the specs and how the system compares to the PS4/Xbox One, it's been shown that the engine used for KHIII can be used on the Switch, so we can conclude that there won't be any significant hardware issues in that regard.

As for making a third version of it, Nvidia, the company behind the hardware in the Switch, have already said that porting games over to the Switch is really easy; much easier than on the Wii U, in fact. If it's cheap and easy to port KHIII to the Switch, why shouldn't Square do that? That's probably the reason that it's coming to the Xbox One, after all. Porting a game from the PS4 over to the Xbox One is a simple process, and judging from what we've heard about the Switch, it wouldn't take much effort to port KHIII to the Switch too.

And this leads to the "Kingdom Hearts I, II, and the HD Remixes were all PlayStation exclusive, so they would never come to the Switch." Again, KHIII is coming to the Xbox One, a system that isn't profitable at all in Japan and isn't known for its selection of JRPGs. Nintendo systems have had a number of Kingdom Hearts games in the past, so why should the Switch be skipped? An easy port to a new system is a fantastic way to expand the audience and get more money, which in the end, is what a developer would aim for. There really isn't any reason for Kingdom Hearts III to just skip the Switch if the porting process is as simple as Nvidia has claimed or if the Switch can run UE4.

Long story short, there's no reason to bring people down for suggesting that KHIII could come to the Switch. It's not some thing that would be a miracle if it happened, nor is it something that wouldn't make sense. Square's been expanding their audience and bringing games that were once exclusive to one system to many new formats, and bringing the big releases from the Square side of the company to Nintendo's home consoles would be a fantastic way to do so. I know people will complain about KHIII being on the Switch for the same reason it's coming to the Xbox One: some people throw a fit just because a series stops being exclusive. But it isn't a bad thing for a third party to branch out and expand their audience, it means they get more money and can put that towards making their upcoming games even bigger and better. The fact that Square is bringing their games to the Xbox, PC, and potentially Switch should be celebrated, not treated as a great loss.

And as a final note, I've always planned to get the game on PS4 and still intend to do so. I'm not just saying this all because I'm desperate for a Switch port.

And in case anyone asks for these, here are some sources to the points I made above:

UE4 on the Switch: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/unreal_engine_4_will_be_supported_on_nintendo_switch

Switch being easy to port to: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1586130/why-porting-games-to-the-nintendo-switch-should-be-easy-according-to-nvidia

Call me ignorant, but is the Switch able to run a huge game like KH3?

I understand the want for it, but I don't see it happening just because the switch will be a new console. Sure it can run it and all but I think square woukd stay away for the time being since not many people woukd have a switch. But I mean by all means if they releaseit oj the switch fantastix, I can then buy a switch and kh3 and get my mom into kh possibly. Heres to the future.

Square Enix is already working on two games for the Switch: Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest XI. They've said that they're on board to develop games for it, so they're not just going to be holding off until it picks up steam.

Call me ignorant, but is the Switch able to run a huge game like KH3?

We don't know everything it's capable of, but judging from some of the games that we know are coming to the Switch: Breath of the Wild looks absolutely huge in scope, and Dragon Quest games are known for being huge as well. The Wii U also had Xenoblade X, which I've heard still has a bigger world than the likes of Final Fantasy XV (I don't know the exact comparison, but Xenoblade X does have a huge in-game world, even bigger than Fallout 4 and Skyrim), so I doubt that size would be an issue as the Switch will be more powerful than the Wii U. The Switch is also supposed to run off of cartridges, which can hold a lot more space than the average disc nowadays, and are cheaper to produce.

Square Enix is already working on two games for the Switch: Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest XI. They've said that they're on board to develop games for it, so they're not just going to be holding off until it picks up steam.

We don't know everything it's capable of, but judging from some of the games that we know are coming to the Switch: Breath of the Wild looks absolutely huge in scope, and Dragon Quest games are known for being huge as well. The Wii U also had Xenoblade X, which I've heard still has a bigger world than the likes of Final Fantasy XV (I don't know the exact comparison, but Xenoblade X does have a huge in-game world, even bigger than Fallout 4 and Skyrim), so I doubt that size would be an issue as the Switch will be more powerful than the Wii U. The Switch is also supposed to run off of cartridges, which can hold a lot more space than the average disc nowadays, and are cheaper to produce.

Dragon Quest however sells very high on nintendo consoles, where as kingdom hearts doesn't, cause if so why din't they re release ddd on wii u, it certainly has the power to run it and it has a touch screen too. Many kh fans are on pl.aystation. In fact I was suprised at th xbox one announcement for kh 3 myself. Again though as I said I hope they do release it or atleast port it to the switch at some point but I don't see it releasing on the switch on the day kh 3 does.

Well, then it (the KH saga) has a good chance of coming to the Switch, right?

Dragon Quest however sells very high on nintendo consoles, where as kingdom hearts doesn't, cause if so why din't they re release ddd on wii u, it certainly has the power to run it and it has a touch screen too. Many kh fans are on pl.aystation. In fact I was suprised at th xbox one announcement for kh 3 myself. Again though as I said I hope they do release it or atleast port it to the switch at some point but I don't see it releasing on the switch on the day kh 3 does.

They didn't re-releases 3D on the Wii U because of its low playerbase and the fact that there wasn't really any reason to. I know plenty of people who either love Kingdom Hearts or are interested in the series, but follow Nintendo more than PlayStation. As I said before, expanding to new audiences will boost the playerbase, it isn't a matter of just keeping the same people on board. It's absolutely important to keep long-time fans invested, but bringing in new fans boosts profit and makes the series more recognizable. A Switch port might not come the same day as a PS4 and Xbox One version, but it's still very possible. Besides, given how long it's going to take to get the game, a day one release might not be impossible depending on when the porting process is done.

Well, then it (the KH saga) has a good chance of coming to the Switch, right?

I'd say that it does have a good chance. Square Enix is on board with the Switch and it sounds like it wouldn't be tough to port.

I could see Kingdom Hearts titles coming to the Switch, but after Kingdom Hearts 3 who knows maybe they will decided to KH games to the PC and Nintendo Switch at the same time.

I'm thinking March 2018: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5

May 2018: Kingdom Hearts 2.8 

October 2018 - Jan 1 2019: Kingdom Hearts 3

Both PC and Nintendo Switch if it's easy to port between the two systems, which it should be apparently the thing is easy to develop for. 

These release dates are assuming Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out either late this year or Janurary of next year. I also think that Kingdom Hearts will be given a bit of a break after Kingdom Hearts 3.

If it's an easy port, they will most likely do it, because being an easy port means it's cheap to make, and thus they will make their budget back and then some with the port. 

I could see Kingdom Hearts titles coming to the Switch, but after Kingdom Hearts 3 who knows maybe they will decided to KH games to the PC and Nintendo Switch at the same time.

Both PC and Nintendo Switch if it's easy to port between the two systems, which it should be apparently the thing is easy to develop for. 

These release dates are assuming Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out either late this year or Janurary of next year. I also think that Kingdom Hearts will be given a bit of a break after Kingdom Hearts 3.

If it's an easy port, they will most likely do it, because being an easy port means it's cheap to make, and thus they will make their budget back and then some with the port. 

I doubt it'd be an easy port. But ho knows.

Personally, I don't see a problem with Kingdom Hearts III being ported to the Switch! Hey, if XBox One can get Kingdom Hearts III, then why can't the Nintendo Switch? And it's as you said, Shulk, a good many Kingdom Hearts games have been released for Nintendo systems!  Four, to be exact!  So I wouldn't find it at all strange if III had a Switch port! I think it'd be ideal for the Nintendo KH fanbase, and in general, it would allow the KH fanbase as a whole to grow more! But hey, we'll have to wait and see for what happens! :)

Personally, I don't see a problem with Kingdom Hearts III being ported to the Switch! Hey, if XBox One can get Kingdom Hearts III, then why can't the Nintendo Switch? And it's as you said, Shulk, a good many Kingdom Hearts games have been released for Nintendo systems!  Four, to be exact!  So I wouldn't find it at all strange if III had a Switch port! I think it'd be ideal for the Nintendo KH fanbase, and in general, it would allow the KH fanbase as a whole to grow more! But hey, we'll have to wait and see for what happens! :)

The way you said this looked like XBox players didn't deserve it (Sorry, maybe it's just me).

The way you said this looked like XBox players didn't deserve it (Sorry, maybe it's just me).

Apologies for that! I'm sorry if it came out that way! D:  I mean, the more KH fans get to play KHIII, the better! But I honestly think the Switch is a more reasonable system to port KHIII to, ya know? Not saying that XBox players don't deserve it, but there's literally been no KH games for the XBox, whereas Nintendo consoles have had up to 4 KH games, ya know?

But hey, like I said, the more people play KHIII, the better, cuz it's more money for Square, and more exposure for the series, ya know?

Actually it's more of the Xbox One selling terribly in Japan.

But not outside of it.

Apologies for that! I'm sorry if it came out that way! D:  I mean, the more KH fans get to play KHIII, the better! But I honestly think the Switch is a more reasonable system to port KHIII to, ya know? Not saying that XBox players don't deserve it, but there's literally been no KH games for the XBox, whereas Nintendo consoles have had up to 4 KH games, ya know?

But hey, like I said, the more people play KHIII, the better, cuz it's more money for Square, and more exposure for the series, ya know?

Maybe it's just me, my friend, chill out... :biggrin:  :tongue:

Sorry about that! It's just that I'm the type of guy that makes sure to discuss things with respect, so that there's no pointless fighting, ya know? Haha, sorry if I overreacted! X3

Don't question me! I'm the one who should apologize. I misunderstood it all. Sorry. :sad:  :

I've read what you're saying all i will say is interesting thanks for sharing your opinions,your thoughts & your feelings on this and to be honest i never heard or never seen Nintendo Switch before i see Nintendo is trying something new maybe it's a hit or maybe it's a flop or maybe it's a hit & a miss only time will tell of how will it turned out & how popular it'll becomes like i said only time will tell i wonder what's next for Nintendo after Nintendo Switch if you know what i mean :) :wink:.

But 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 cover arts says "Only on PlayStation" on the top right corners, you can also see this at the ending of the last couple of KH 2.8 trailers. Which means they'll more than likely stay PS-exclusive.

But 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 cover arts says "Only on PlayStation" on the top right corners, you can also see this at the ending of the last couple of KH 2.8 trailers. Which means they'll more than likely stay PS-exclusive.

http://multimedia.bbycastatic.ca/multimedia/products/500x500/103/10364/10364415.jpg

http://d26lpennugtm8s.cloudfront.net/stores/138/463/products/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1-psvita1-58e6bbc337860bff8714746380741391-480-0.jpg

Only on PlayStation is lip service at best, it usually just means only on PlayStation consoles and speaks nothing about being on PC, evidence Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster being on Steam, as well as Hyperdimension Neptunia.

The only on PlayStation is really just as long as it's not on the competitors console, and PC Gaming is not considered a competitor because it really isn't, it's a completely different beast entirely, but you might be right about it when it comes to the Nintendo Switch though.

I'd be surprised if KH3 specifically made it onto the Switch, it doesn't seem like SE would be willing to eat up the costs it would take it to throw it on there, and I don't think Nintendo would moneyhat them to port it either. plus they might have it to downgrade the graphics a bit if the system turns out to be not up to par. I wouldn't necessarily count out getting a game sometime in the next saga exclusively on Switch though, the precedent is there.