Xander

beakvt.png

Marth, because he's marth, but also

4uszf7.png

Ike

Roy

I'd be surprised if the last two didn't make it in tbh

Edited by Yuno Gasai

The Nintendo Treehouse Live stream confirmed that there's going to be a Fire Emblem Direct on the 18th, and that it's going to show footage of Fire Emblem Warriors (they didn't say it, but it's probably also going to show some of the mobile game that's supposed to come out soon here). Hopefully we'll get to see a few characters there, and not just the main heroes of each game. There's a lot of potential with all the different classes. I think a Pegasus Knight would be really cool to play as Please be Hinoka or Sumia.

Erika and her bro need to get in! And Lyn.

The Nintendo Treehouse Live stream confirmed that there's going to be a Fire Emblem Direct on the 18th, and that it's going to show footage of Fire Emblem Warriors (they didn't say it, but it's probably also going to show some of the mobile game that's supposed to come out soon here). Hopefully we'll get to see a few characters there, and not just the main heroes of each game. There's a lot of potential with all the different classes. I think a Pegasus Knight would be really cool to play as Please be Hinoka or Sumia.

I want to Erika and Lyn, too! And I agree with ya shulk, playing a pegasus knight in a warriors game would be fun as

I'm really excited for this,it has so much potential.I hope they do the same thing they did for Hyrule Warriors and mix the timelines and bring characters from all the games,which I'm sure they will,the Fire Emblem series has so many characters.They could have the weapon triangle in there so certain character would be better against other characters and each class would have special attributes like the Pegasus Knight being able to fly over all sorts of terrains or the armored knights having great defense but low speed.

I'm genuinely curious how big the roster will be. I know original warriors games have heaps of characters, but those are a free-for-all when it comes to making them, as opposed to capturing the likeness of a character from another series. Someone on another site placed their bet at 30, which I think is safe but man the fan wars for who gets in with such a large cast.. 

Others commented on Lucina being a skin, but considering how popular she is both inside and outside of japan, and that she's a female character with long ass heck hair, her being just a skin for marth is unlikely in my opinion.

I'm really excited for this,it has so much potential.I hope they do the same thing they did for Hyrule Warriors and mix the timelines and bring characters from all the games,which I'm sure they will,the Fire Emblem series has so many characters.They could have the weapon triangle in there so certain character would be better against other characters and each class would have special attributes like the Pegasus Knight being able to fly over all sorts of terrains or the armored knights having great defense but low speed.

There's DLC with the amiibos that mix the timelines in a way, but an entire game with that concept like hyrule warriors would be amazing. I agree about the weapon triangle and such too, it would add that strategy and difficulty from fire emblem into a warriors game not only making it a a truer crossover, imo, but adding that extra challenge.

Edited by Yuno Gasai

Update: The Fire Emblem direct has changed to Jan 19th instead of 18th

Will take place 9:00 am AEST and 10 pm for UK. 

Youtube (UK) Live Stream: 

Youtube link has a countdown running

Japanese Stream Link: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20170119/

The time hasn't changed, it might just be a difference of time zones or something since I forgot to mention that in my post. Sorry about that...

I found this, lists additional time zones for anyone else trying to figure it out:

As a reminder, it's going down at 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern / 10pm UK / 11pm CET, which is 19th January at 7am in Tokyo and 9am AEDT.

Source

Sorry again for any confusion there, time zones completely slipped my mind on this one. ._.

The time hasn't changed, it might just be a difference of time zones or something since I forgot to mention that in my post. Sorry about that...

I found this, lists additional time zones for anyone else trying to figure it out:

Source

Sorry again for any confusion there, time zones completely slipped my mind on this one. ._.

It okay. But yeah, they did change it. The websites said 18th, and now say 19th. It would have already happened at 9 am for me because I'm in that time zone, which is how I knew. I should have clarified more, though.

It okay. But yeah, they did change it. The websites said 18th, and now say 19th. It would have already happened at 9 am for me because I'm in that time zone, which is how I knew. I should have clarified more, though.

It's on the 18th in North America and Europe, 19th in Japan and Australia (Going off of the listed time zones, not sure about anywhere else that I forgot to mention). That's what I meant by the time zone difference mistake I made.

It's on the 18th in North America and Europe, 19th in Japan and Australia (Going off of the listed time zones, not sure about anywhere else that I forgot to mention). That's what I meant by the time zone difference mistake I made.

I see lol I got confused from the wording

I'm very curious to see what they do with this game.  I could see it being either a huge success or a massive flop, depending on how they take it and what they decide to do.  I don't know what I'll think if they change the gameplay entirely and make it a fighting game with modern Fire Emblem characters, but if it has a legit story and has at least some similarities to the Fire Emblem series in terms of gameplay I think it could be awesome.  I'm just skeptical at this point and sometimes feel that "new and innovative" concepts for a series tends to be more of an attempt to make money than provide anything good.  I'm still curious, though, and like I said it could be awesome depending on how much they derive inspiration from the Fire Emblem series itself.

I'm very curious to see what they do with this game.  I could see it being either a huge success or a massive flop, depending on how they take it and what they decide to do.  I don't know what I'll think if they change the gameplay entirely and make it a fighting game with modern Fire Emblem characters, but if it has a legit story and has at least some similarities to the Fire Emblem series in terms of gameplay I think it could be awesome.  I'm just skeptical at this point and sometimes feel that "new and innovative" concepts for a series tends to be more of an attempt to make money than provide anything good.  I'm still curious, though, and like I said it could be awesome depending on how much they derive inspiration from the Fire Emblem series itself.

If you've played Hyrule Warriors or other Warriors games, it's going to be like that. It's just a spin-off, so whatever they do here won't have an impact on the main series Fire Emblem games. Hyrule Warriors had a fun story mode and the Adventure mode drew from the original Zelda's map system, so I'm sure that they'll do a good job of tying in some Fire Emblem elements to the established Warriors gameplay style.

An hour left to go. I wonder if they'll surprise us and announce anything else, doubtful but you never know

There are some rumors of a Fates port coming to the Switch, but I don't think that's going to happen. A teaser for the next main series game or a port of Ike's games (so people can actually play those without having to pay insane prices ._.) would be really cool, though. The mobile game was also confirmed to be a part of the presentation.

Also, since the UK and Japanese stream links are above, I'll edit the North American stream link into this post whenever that goes up for anyone else who's in that region. They usually wait until just before the event starts, I didn't know the other regions set it up a day in advance. ._.

I'm only seeing it on Twitch for North America... No YouTube link yet for some reason. The Twitch link is right here.

And now it's up on YouTube: 

I also heard it's going to be 21 minutes long. We should get a good look at both confirmed games!

Edited by Shulk

There are some rumors of a Fates port coming to the Switch, but I don't think that's going to happen. A teaser for the next main series game or a port of Ike's games (so people can actually play those without having to pay insane prices ._.) would be really cool, though. The mobile game was also confirmed to be a part of the presentation.

Also, since the UK and Japanese stream links are above, I'll edit the North American stream link into this post whenever that goes up for anyone else who's in that region. They usually wait until just before the event starts, I didn't know the other regions set it up a day in advance. ._.

I'm only seeing it on Twitch for North America... No YouTube link yet for some reason. The Twitch link is right here.

And now it's up on YouTube: 

I also heard it's going to be 21 minutes long. We should get a good look at both confirmed games!

Yeah, it's odd only they set it up early. .-.

It'd be nice if older games were available to download from the nintendo e store. Being able to play the gba and older DS entries on your 3DS

Well that was a short sirect,Fire Emblem Echoes looks great,but its on 3DS and Fire Emblem Warriors looks fun and that Koei Tecmo remix of the Fire Emblem theme was amazing,I can't wait to listen to that game soundtrack.When they showed Fire Emblem Gaiden I was hoping that they annonce an official translation for us to play while we wait for Echoes but oh well

Well that was a short sirect,Fire Emblem Echoes looks great,but its on 3DS and Fire Emblem Warriors looks fun and that Koei Tecmo remix of the Fire Emblem theme was amazing,I can't wait to listen to that game soundtrack.When they showed Fire Emblem Gaiden I was hoping that they annonce an official translation for us to play while we wait for Echoes but oh well

It sounds like Echoes is a remake-type thing of Gaiden, so I don't think there'd be much of a point to translating it. On the topic of Warriors, I was surprised to see that it's coming to the New 3DS too. I'll stick to the Switch version, personally, but still cool that it's coming to N3DS.

It sounds like Echoes is a remake-type thing of Gaiden, so I don't think there'd be much of a point to translating it. On the topic of Warriors, I was surprised to see that it's coming to the New 3DS too. I'll stick to the Switch version, personally, but still cool that it's coming to N3DS.

I think I may get the Gaiden remake, it looks interesting to me.

I am hype for warriors and gaiden since I never got to play the original. The mobile game looks genuinely fun, too.

Also a new instalment for the switch sounds promising

Yeah I guess that true,Echoes seems like a remake of Gaiden,I think one of the map they showed was idential in both games.I was surprised to see Fire Emblem Warriors on the 3DS as well,but its better then Hyrule Warriors where they made the handheld version the superior version.