Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

What Wii U game do you want on the Nintendo Switch?

What Wii U game do you want on the Nintendo Switch?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What Wii U game do you want on the Nintendo Switch?

• Super Mario 3D World
    • Zelda Windwaker HD
    • Xenoblade Chronicles X
    • Bayonetta 2
    • Pokken Tournament
    • New Super Mario Bros
    • Star Fox Zero
    • Super Mario Maker
    • Splatoon
    • None, I only want new games
    • Something else? Share below!
    • Super Smash Bros 4!

Personally if there were a Virtual Console for GameCube, Wii and Wii U, along with Bayonetta 1 and 2 on it and Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'd be happy. Not getting the Switch at launch though, so Nintendo can take their time with this.

What about Super Smash Bros?

smash 4. I'm surprised they haven't confirmed it coming to the switch

They will likely be a new one. Makes more sense.

Super Mario Maker.

Nintendo may have controversial business strategies nowadays, but I'm sure they're not outright stupid enough to just discontinue one of their #1 hits -- especially since the 3DS just got a port.

It's funny, I always think remasters are great so new people can experience a game, but I personally mostly like remasters of games I've played before.

So since I never owned a Wii U, I don't really care about seeing any of these on the Switch. Maybe that Toad Treasure Tracker game?

Smash 4, no brainer.

Then gimme Smash 5, Sakurai.

smash 4. I'm surprised they haven't confirmed it coming to the switch

I think an employee or reliable source said it, but it wouldn't be coming at launch. Lemme dig it up.

Edited by Clouded Sun

Smash 4, no brainer.

To be honest, I've thought that just going up to Smash 5 would be for the best, but I wouldn't complain about getting a Smash 4 port, especially if it had Smash Run, every stage from 3DS/Wii U, and Ice Climbers/other new characters.

I just hope Sakurai comes back for Smash 5. It wouldn't be the same without him.

Personally if there were a Virtual Console for GameCube, Wii and Wii U, along with Bayonetta 1 and 2 on it and Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'd be happy. Not getting the Switch at launch though, so Nintendo can take their time with this.

They will likely be a new one. Makes more sense.

Smash 4, no brainer.

I think an employee or reliable source said it, but it wouldn't be coming at launch. Lemme dig it up.

To be honest, I've thought that just going up to Smash 5 would be for the best, but I wouldn't complain about getting a Smash 4 port, especially if it had Smash Run, every stage from 3DS/Wii U, and Ice Climbers/other new characters.

I just hope Sakurai comes back for Smash 5. It wouldn't be the same without him.

As much as I want a smash 5, I feel like it's too soon for it. It's only been about 3 years since the game came out. 

Smash is still gaining traction as a popular esport and is a huge generational Nintendo cash cow. Every entry, especially Melee has performed exceptionally. I think they're gonna milk the series dry with fanservice. There's so much stuff and so many ways Smash could be flexible each series (if you don't believe me, search up USM-eM, Project Neos, Turbo, etc.), and the inclusion of the likes of characters like Dry Bones, Wolf, Waddle Dee, Noctis, {the next FE character, if not Chrom or Xander & Ryoma}, new Pokémon, and a plethora of other ways.

Smash 4 was absolutely bananas, and it came out on a failing console and a popular but outdated handheld and still was a system seller. Imagine the cash Nintendo could be reaping were it on the Switch. From a business standpoint, it'd be too hard to pass up.

Even if there were no more Smash games, though, I'd be satisfied. I'm a modder for Smash 3DS and soon for Smash Wii U anyway, and the two are so easy to crack.

As much as I want a smash 5, I feel like it's too soon for it. It's only been about 3 years since the game came out. 

Seems like it's been awhile, but Smash 4 came out in 2014. If you think about it, 2018-19 is just about the due date for the next one to be announced.

Goes to show how relevant the game still is.

Edited by Clouded Sun

True, but this is basically how Nintendo works, at least with the Smash Bros series. Every console since the N64, with the exception of the Game Boys and NDS/DSi has had a new Smash game. So it's rather reasonable to think that the Switch will have its own Smash title. It doesn't have to necessarily be this year, it could be one, two or even three years after the Switch releases. The 3DS and Wii U sure as hell didn't get Smash anytime near after their launch.

Smash is still gaining traction as a popular esport and is a huge generational Nintendo cash cow. Every entry, especially Melee has performed exceptionally. I think they're gonna milk the series dry with fanservice. There's so much stuff and so many ways Smash could be flexible each series (if you don't believe me, search up USM-eM, Project Neos, Turbo, etc.), and the inclusion of the likes of characters like Dry Bones, Wolf, Waddle Dee, Noctis, {the next FE character, if not Chrom or Xander & Ryoma}, new Pokémon, and a plethora of other ways.

Smash 4 was absolutely bananas, and it came out on a failing console and a popular but outdated handheld and still was a system seller. Imagine the cash Nintendo could be reaping were it on the Switch. From a business standpoint, it'd be too hard to pass up.

Even if there were no more Smash games, though, I'd be satisfied. I'm a modder for Smash 3DS and soon for Smash Wii U anyway, and the two are so easy to crack.

That's a fair point, but we usually just get one Smash game for each Nintendo console.

... Then again, we've got a Mario Kart 8 port and probably Mario Kart 9 coming in the future, so I guess that I shouldn't expect the old "one per system" tradition to hold up. xD

That being said, on the topic of eSports, Splatoon 2 seems to be what Nintendo's pushing for the Switch in that area, at least for now. Between that and Smash, I'm wondering how serious they'll get with the push for eSports in the next few years.

That's a fair point, but we usually just get one Smash game for each Nintendo console.

... Then again, we've got a Mario Kart 8 port and probably Mario Kart 9 coming in the future, so I guess that I shouldn't expect the old "one per system" tradition to hold up. xD

That being said, on the topic of eSports, Splatoon 2 seems to be what Nintendo's pushing for the Switch in that area, at least for now. Between that and Smash, I'm wondering how serious they'll get with the push for eSports in the next few years.

I hope it wouldn't pain Nintendo to at least port the game. It did very well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/58ns79/rumor_from_emily_rogers_smash_4_enhanced_port_for/

I hope it wouldn't pain Nintendo to at least port the game. It did very well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/58ns79/rumor_from_emily_rogers_smash_4_enhanced_port_for/

Even if they don't port it, I'm sure that a new Smash game will come to the Switch. We'll just have to wait a little bit to see what's in store, especially if Sakurai's behind it. He's already started his new project, and it doesn't seem Smash-related.

Pokken is the only one that really deserves a Switch port imo, considering that it's an HD Pokemon fighting game (which is awesome) but it didn't seem to find much of an audience on there. I'd also take a proper sequel.

Pokken is the only one that really deserves a Switch port imo, considering that it's an HD Pokemon fighting game (which is awesome) but it didn't seem to find much of an audience on there. I'd also take a proper sequel.

Why does Pokken deserve it more than the others? There are plenty games that did just as well if not better.

And there's a Pokémon game coming anyway