Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Do you think the Princesses of Heart could be the Key to Return Hearts? We don't know exactly what it is, but judging by it's name, it has the ability to return someone's heart, whatever that means. This reminds me of the time in KH1 when Kairi hugged Sora's Heartless and was able to bring him back to his regular self. One could say she "returned his heart" back to normal. Nomura said she was able to do this because she has special Princess of Heart light powers.

So, maybe the Princesses of Heart can be used to create some kind of Keyblade, like how their hearts were used to create the Keyblade of heart? Maybe the Keyblade of heart is the Key to Return Hearts? It never got an official name, so maybe that's it's official name? The whole thing that made the Keyblade of heart special was that it had the ability to unlock people's hearts, but later in the series, we discover that Keyblade Masters have the ability to unlock hearts, so that makes the Keyblade of heart not seem special anymore. It's sort of special because it allows people who aren't Keyblade Masters to unlock people's hearts, but that isn't really that special or impressive. So maybe the true purpose of the Keyblade of heart is that it can also return people who have succumbed to the darkness back to their original selves? Or maybe it can just "return hearts" in general, which means it can do loads of things? Like being able to make Ven's heart return to his body for example.

EDIT: The Keyblade of heart is also special because it also acted as the χ-blade to Ansem, Seeker of Darkness' artificial Kingdom Hearts.

Edited by Elfdemon_

Maybe, but Sora is the main character, and there are hints that "the key to return hearts" is a power unique to him because of his open-hearted nature and connections to so many others. He's even been referred to as "the key that connects everything" Nomura also said that "the key to return hearts" may not exactly be a Keyblade.

Finally in BbS it was retconned that what made the Keyblade of Heart so special wasn't it's ability to unlock people's hearts but that without it, one can not obtain Kingdom Hearts, as it is basically half the x -blade (being made from the hearts of the Princesses of Heart, which themselves are, at the very least, implied to be the light fragments of the x-blade)

Also not all Keyblade Masters have the ability to unlock people's hearts only those with a strong power of the darkness. It's not even really so much "unlocking" them as removing them, which is a power shared by beings of Darkness even without Keyblades, such as Maleficent and the Heartless. Dark Keyblade Masters just seem to be able to do it with more finesse.

And to me it seems more like what Kairi did was restore Sora's light, thereby freeing his heart from the Darkness, which makes a lot of sense with the Princesses of Heart having the power to hold back Darkness. Remember Heartless are actually people hearts consumed by their own darkness.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

I don't think it's the princess of heart. There is indeed a Key to Return Hearts and as stated by Isamu below:

Maybe, but Sora is the main character, and there are hints that "the key to return hearts" is a power unique to him because of his open-hearted nature and connections to so many others. He's even been referred to as "the key that connects everything" Nomura also said that "the key to return hearts" may not exactly be a Keyblade.

the Key to Return Hearts may not be a Keyblade after all. Sora could be that key instead.

I believe Mickey is related to the key. I mean he has probably the information about them all.

He and Riku need also to look for it.

Please, Riku and Mickey are going to rescue Aqua.

They do not have the pleasure of going to look for said Key that is Sora's job after all.

Please, Riku and Mickey are going to rescue Aqua.

They do not have the pleasure of going to look for said Key that is Sora's job after all.

You are saying the opposite bro.;

(Sorry I though it was that secret ending)

It is confirmed that Mickey and RIku are going looking for the key.

Edited by KH4Real

You are saying the opposite bro.;

(Sorry I though it was that secret ending)

It is confirmed that Mickey and RIku are going looking for the key.

I've seen the scene you thought this was in English and no, it's stated Riku and Mickey will look for a way into the Realm of Darkness to find Aqua, Kairi and Lea will be training under Merlin, and Sora will be regaining the power he lost when he nearly fell to Darkness while Chip and Dale analyze the data AtW left in Sora's heat in hopes that it will help bring back those whoseeking heart have been lost,aka, the "key to return hearts" Also

Nomura flat out said in 2013 that Sora, Donald and Goofy will be searching for "the key to return hearts" while Riku and Mickey work to find past keyblade weilders. That was the first time we'd heard of it.

I've seen the scene you thought this was in English and no, it's stated Riku and Mickey will look for a way into the Realm of Darkness to find Aqua, Kairi and Lea will be training under Merlin, and Sora will be regaining the power he lost when he nearly fell to Darkness while Chip and Dale analyze the data AtW left in Sora's heat in hopes that it will help bring back those whoseeking heart have been lost,aka, the "key to return hearts" Also

Nomura flat out said in 2013 that Sora, Donald and Goofy will be searching for "the key to return hearts" while Riku and Mickey work to find past keyblade weilders. That was the first time we'd heard of it.

Oh yeah now I remember. They are probably going to look for how to get into the realm of darkness.

So as for Aqua she needs to be saved through Sora. Riku and Mickey could find aswell the Lingering Will.

Edited by KH4Real