Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I only realized this as of late: there aren't very many fictional stories that have reptilian main protagonists. Generally, I only see them in games and movies as enemies, villains, side characters, and the occasional "supporting main characters".

So, I'd like to ask if any of you knew anything in the media that has a reptilian MAIN protagonist in the story. Not secondary main; Primary main. In fact, if it's a frog even, which is an amphibian, that would be fine, too (just don't mention Frogger.) Also, don't mention TMNT, for obvious reasons.

Right now, the only ones I am aware of are the Wings of Fire book series (dragons), and... Yoshi's Island? *sigh* How disappointing...

Rock on!

You're right, there are almost no Reptilian protagonists... the only ones that i could think of right now would be either yoshi or maybe Vector from the Sonic series (although he's mostly a supporting charakter and doesn't really have his own game...)

That's quite sad, reptiles are so cool :3

Nobody help him! This is typical snerson propaganda!

Seriously though, there's the Gex series from the PS days, the main character is a gecko. There also the 2011 film Rango which stars a chameleon.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

You're right, there are almost no Reptilian protagonists... the only ones that i could think of right now would be either yoshi or maybe Vector from the Sonic series (although he's mostly a supporting charakter and doesn't really have his own game...)

That's quite sad, reptiles are so cool :3

Yeah, isn't it interesting? I know that there are other animals that probably don't get the main portagonist role, but I just find it particularly odd that reptiles still have the "evil lizardmen" or "dark dragon" reputation in most things. Sure you play as Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, but he isn't really the "main protagonist".

It seems like most of the reptiles (specifically ones that may speak) in stories are either: Evil (normally dragons and snakes), Wild (lizardmen for sure), Wise (dragons and turtles), or the little companion that doesn't do much.

I hope stereotypes like that are broken one day. :(

Rock on!

Yeah, isn't it interesting? I know that there are other animals that probably don't get the main portagonist role, but I just find it particularly odd that reptiles still have the "evil lizardmen" or "dark dragon" reputation in most things. Sure you play as Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, but he isn't really the "main protagonist".

It seems like most of the reptiles (specifically ones that may speak) in stories are either: Evil (normally dragons and snakes), Wild (lizardmen for sure), Wise (dragons and turtles), or the little companion that doesn't do much.

I hope stereotypes like that are broken one day. :(

Rock on!

Snerson scum

Nobody help him! This is typical snerson propaganda!

Seriously though, there's the Gex series from the PS days, the main character is a gecko. There also the 2011 film Rango which stars a chameleon.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Rango! Wow, it's been quite a while since I watched that one. You're totally right, though, that one did have a chameleon as the main protagonist.

Oh wait! We totally forgot one who is coming soon....  :3

ce0cf5c062933f721071fa456c4c7b37_origina

Yep, the new Yooka-layee game, that will have a chameleon main character, too!

Sooo, perhaps there could be more in the future! Maybe even that Scalebound game was canceled for a reason... Who can say for sure, though? Am I right? >:)

Rock on!

Does Spyro Counts? Oh wait that´s a dragon.

I Create lots of Story ideas, but for some reason I never thought of a Reptilian protagonist, yes in Media has problem with Reptiles.

Oh yeah, that's another good one. Spyro's a dragon, so that would work. (Yep, dragons also count as reptiles.)

Rock on!

Oh yeah, that's another good one. Spyro's a dragon, so that would work. (Yep, dragons also count as reptiles.)

Rock on!

Yes, Spyro is a Gaming Icon If your are the classic era one. That´s one of the one I know. I would say Cragger from Legends of Chima but he´s a not a main protagonist and started as a villain.